- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 798479, 4 pages
Surface Crystallization in Mg-Based Bulk Metallic Glass during Copper Mold Casting
School of Material Science and Engineering, Hebei University of Technology, Dingzigu Road, Hongqiao District, Tianjin 300130, China
Received 21 March 2014; Accepted 18 April 2014; Published 6 May 2014
Academic Editor: Yang Shao
Copyright © 2014 Xin Wang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. L. Greer, “Metallic glasses,” Science, vol. 267, no. 5206, pp. 1947–1953, 1995.
- H. W. Kui, A. L. Greer, and D. Turnbull, “Formation of bulk metallic glass by fluxing,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 45, no. 6, pp. 615–616, 1984.
- W. Klement, R. H. Willens, and P. Duwez, “Non-crystalline structure in solidified gold-silicon alloys,” Nature, vol. 187, no. 4740, pp. 869–870, 1960.
- A. Inoue, T. Zhang, and T. Masumoto, “Production of amorphous cylinder and sheet of La55Al25Ni20 alloy by a metallic mold casting method,” Materials Transactions JIM, vol. 31, no. 5, pp. 425–428, 1990.
- K. F. Yao, F. Ruan, Y. Q. Yang, and N. Chen, “Superductile bulk metallic glass,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 88, no. 12, Article ID 122106, 2006.
- K. F. Yao and C. Q. Zhang, “Fe-based bulk metallic glass with high plasticity,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 90, no. 6, Article ID 061901, 2007.
- X. Wang, Y. Shao, and K. F. Yao, “Chemical composition dependence of atomic oxygen erosion resistance in Cu-rich bulk metallic glasses,” Chinese Science Bulletin, vol. 57, no. 36, pp. 4801–4804, 2012.
- C. A. Schuh, T. C. Hufnagel, and U. Ramamurty, “Mechanical behavior of amorphous alloys,” Acta Materialia, vol. 55, no. 12, pp. 4067–4109, 2007.
- A. L. Greer, K. L. Rutherford, and I. M. Hutchings, “Wear resistance of amorphous alloys and related materials,” International Materials Reviews, vol. 47, no. 2, pp. 87–112, 2002.
- N. Chen, R. Frank, N. Asao et al., “Formation and properties of Au-based nanograined metallic glasses,” Acta Materialia, vol. 59, no. 16, pp. 6433–6440, 2011.
- S. J. Pang, T. Zhang, K. Asami, and A. Inoue, “Synthesis of Fe-Cr-Mo-C-B-P bulk metallic glasses with high corrosion resistance,” Acta Materialia, vol. 50, no. 3, pp. 489–497, 2002.
- P. Gong, K. F. Yao, and Y. Shao, “Lightweight Ti-Zr-Be-Al bulk metallic glasses with improved glass-forming ability and compressive plasticity,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 358, pp. 2620–2625, 2012.
- P. Gong, K. F. Yao, and Y. Shao, “Effects of Fe addition on glass-forming ability and mechanical properties of Ti-Zr-Be bulk metallic glass,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 536, pp. 26–29, 2012.
- X. Wang, Y. Shao, P. Gong, and K. F. Yao, “Effect of thermal cycling on the mechanical properties of Zr41Ti14Cu12.5Ni10Be22.5 alloy,” Science China-Physics Mechanics & Astronomy, vol. 55, no. 12, pp. 2357–2361, 2012.
- A. Inoue, A. Kato, T. Zhang, S. G. Kim, and T. Masumoto, “Mg-Cu-Y amorphous alloys with high mechanical strengths produced by a metallic mold casting method,” Materials Transactions JIM, vol. 32, no. 7, pp. 609–616, 1991.
- E. S. Park, H. G. Kang, W. T. Kim, and D. H. Kim, “Effect of Ag addition on the glass-forming ability of Mg-Cu-Y metallic glass alloys,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 279, no. 2-3, pp. 154–160, 2001.
- H. Ma, Q. Zheng, J. Xu, Y. Li, and E. Ma, “Doubling the critical size for bulk metallic glass formation in the Mg-Cu-Y ternary system,” Journal of Materials Research, vol. 20, no. 9, pp. 2252–2255, 2005.
- H. Ma, L. L. Shi, J. Xu, Y. Li, and E. Ma, “Discovering inch-diameter metallic glasses in three-dimensional composition space,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 87, no. 18, Article ID 181915, pp. 1–3, 2005.
- Q. Zheng, J. Xu, and E. Ma, “High glass-forming ability correlated with fragility of Mg-Cu(Ag)-Gd alloys,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 102, no. 11, Article ID 113519, 2007.
- J. S. C. Jang, S. R. Jian, T. H. Li, J. C. Huang, C. Y. A. Tsao, and C. T. Liu, “Structural and mechanical characterizations of ductile Fe particles-reinforced Mg-based bulk metallic glass composites,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 485, no. 1-2, pp. 290–294, 2009.
- J. S. C. Jang, Y. S. Chang, T. H. Li, P. J. Hsieh, J. C. Huang, and C. Y. A. Tsao, “Plasticity enhancement of Mg58Cu28.5Gd11Ag2.5 based bulk metallic glass composites dispersion strengthened by Ti particles,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 504, no. 1, pp. S102–S105, 2010.
- K. F. Xie, K. F. Yao, T. Y. Huang, and W. G. Liu, “A convenient and controllable induction melt-injection casting device under high vacuum,” CN ZL200920110116.5, 2009.
- M. Mezbahul-Islam and M. Medraj, “Phase equilibrium in Mg-Cu-Y,” Scientific Reports, vol. 3, p. 3033, 2013.
- A. Gebert, U. Wolff, A. John, and J. Eckert, “Corrosion behaviour of Mg65Y10Cu25 metallic glass,” Scripta Materialia, vol. 43, no. 3, pp. 279–283, 2000.
- P. Gong, X. Wang, Y. Shao, N. Chen, X. Liu, and K. F. Yao, “A Ti-Zr-Be-Fe-Cu bulk metallic glass with superior glass-forming ability and high specific strength,” Intermetallics, vol. 43, pp. 177–181, 2013.
- K. F. Xie, K. F. Yao, and T. Y. Huang, “Influence of the melting temperature on the fabrication of a Ti-Cu-Zr-Ni-Sn bulk metallic glass,” Materials Science Forum, vol. 688, pp. 413–418, 2011.