- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 948708, 6 pages
Improvement of Homogeneity and Aspect Ratio of Silicon Tips for Field Emission by Reactive-Ion Etching
Faculty of General Sciences and Microsystems Technology, OTH Regensburg, 93053 Regensburg, Bavaria, Germany
Received 16 February 2014; Accepted 9 March 2014; Published 6 April 2014
Academic Editor: Feng Zhao
Copyright © 2014 Robert Damian Lawrowski et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Schreiner, F. Dams, C. Prommesberger et al., “Silicon-based integrated field emission electron sources for sensor application,” in Proceedings of the 24th International Vacuum Nanoelectronics Conference (IVNC '11), pp. 19–20, July 2011.
- R. Schreiner, C. Prommesberger, C. Langer et al., “Highly uniform and stable electron field emission from b-doped si-tip arrays for applications in integrated vacuum microelectronic devices,” in Proceedings of the 25th International Vacuum Nanoelectronics Conference (IVNC '12), pp. 1–2, 2012.
- R. H. Fowler and L. Nordheim, “Electron emission in intense electric fields,” Proceedings of the Royal Society of London A, vol. 119, no. 781, pp. 173–181, 1928.
- C. Langer, C. Prommesberger, F. Dams, and R. Schreiner, “Theoretical investigations into the field enhancement factor of Silicon structures,” in Proceedings of the 25th International Vacuum Nanoelectronics Conference (IVNC '12), pp. 148–149, July 2012.
- F. Dams, A. Navitski, C. Prommesberger et al., “Homogeneous field emission cathodes with precisely adjustable geometry fabricated by Silicon technology,” IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, vol. 59, no. 10, pp. 2832–2837, 2012.
- P. Serbun, B. Bornmann, A. Navitski et al., “Stable field emission of single b-doped si tips and linear current scaling of uniform tip arrays for integrated vacuum microelectronic devices,” Journal of Vacuum Science & Technology B: Microelectronics and Nanometer Structures, vol. 31, no. 2, Article ID 02B101, 2013.
- R. Legtenberg, H. Jansen, M. de Boer, and M. Elwenspoek, “Anisotropic reactive ion etching of Silicon using SF6/O2/CHF3 gas mixtures,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 142, no. 6, pp. 2020–2028, 1995.