- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 965912, 5 pages
Effect of Material Thickness on Attenuation (dB) of PTFE Using Finite Element Method at X-Band Frequency
1Department of Physics, Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM), 43400 Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
2Institute of Advance Technology (ITMA), Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM), 43400 Serdang, Malaysia
Received 4 February 2014; Accepted 12 March 2014; Published 3 April 2014
Academic Editor: Qi-Long Zhang
Copyright © 2014 Abubakar Yakubu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. E. Dudeck and L. J. Buckley, “Dielectric material measurement of thin samples at millimeter wavelengths,” IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 723–725, 1992.
- A. Kumar, S. Sharma, and G. Singh, “Measurement of dielectric constant and loss factor of the dielectric material at microwave frequencies,” Progress in Electromagnetics Research, vol. 69, pp. 47–54, 2007.
- The Comsol Multiphysics, “Physics Builder User's Guide,” Version 4.3 BETA, Comsol AB, 2012.
- A. L. de Paula, M. C. Rezende, and J. J. Barroso, “Experimental measurements and numerical simulation of permittivity and permeability of teflon in x band,” Journal of Aerospace Technology and Management, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 59–64, 2011.
- H. Soleimani, Z. Abbas, K. Khalid, N. Yahya, and H. Soleimani, “Determination of reflection and transmission coefficient of PTFE at X-band frequency using NRW and FEM methods,” Solid State Science and Technology, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 32–42, 2009.
- Hewlett Packard Company, “HP 8719A, HP 8720B, Microwave Network,” Analyzer Operating Manual, 1990.
- N. O. Sadiku, Elements of Electromagnetic, Oxford University Press, 3rd edition, 1994.
- Z. Abbas, R. D. Pollard, and R. W. Kelsall, “Complex permittivity measurements of Ka-band using rectangular dielectric waveguide,” IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 50, no. 5, pp. 1334–1342, 2001.
- J. Baker-Jarvis, E. J. Vanzura, and W. A. Kissick, “Improved technique for determining complex permittivity with the transmission/reflection method,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 38, no. 8, pp. 1096–1103, 1990.
- J. Krupka, J. Breeze, A. Centeno, N. Alford, T. Claussen, and L. Jensen, “Measurements of permittivity, dielectric loss tangent, and resistivity of float-zone silicon at microwave frequencies,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 54, no. 11, pp. 3995–4000, 2006.
- H. Soleimani, Electomagnetic characterisation of yttrium iron garnet and lanthanum iron garnet filled polymer nanocomposites using FEM simulation rectangular waveguide and NRW methods [Ph.D. thesis], Universiti Putra, Serdang, Malaysia, 2009.
- Rohde and Schwarz, “Measurement of Dielectric material properties,” Application Note, 2012.
- M. A. Abdel-Rahman, E. A. Badawi, Y. L. Abdel-Hady, and N. Kamel, “Effect of sample thickness on the measured mass attenuation coefficients of some compounds and elements for 59.54, 661.6 and 1332.5 keV γ-rays,” Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research, Section A, vol. 447, no. 3, pp. 432–436, 2000.
- M. A. Ramadan, Electromagnetic characterisation of Sm-YIG and Sm-YIG-PVDF composites prepared using modified conventional mixing oxide technique [Ph.D. thesis], Universiti Putra, Serdang, Malaysia, 2009.