- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 971942, 12 pages
Bienzymatic Acetylcholinesterase and Choline Oxidase Immobilized Biosensor Based on a Phenyl Carboxylic Acid-Grafted Multiwalled Carbon Nanotube
1Department of Chemistry, Hannam University, Daejeon 305-811, Republic of Korea
2RedoxTech, 198-24 Myeonmok-dong, Jungnang-gu, Seoul 131-823, Republic of Korea
Received 2 January 2014; Accepted 6 February 2014; Published 13 March 2014
Academic Editor: Yong Chae Jung
Copyright © 2014 So-Ra Lee et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Trifonov, T. Houtani, S. Hamada, M. Kase, M. Maruyama, and T. Sugimoto, “In situ hybridization study of the distribution of choline acetyltransferase mRNA and its splice variants in the mouse brain and spinal cord,” Neuroscience, vol. 159, no. 1, pp. 344–357, 2009.
- B. E. Jones, “From waking to sleeping: neuronal and chemical substrates,” Trends in Pharmacological Sciences, vol. 26, no. 11, pp. 578–586, 2005.
- H. M. Arnold, J. A. Burk, E. M. Hodgson, M. Sarter, and J. P. Bruno, “Differential cortical acetylcholine release in rats performing a sustained attention task versus behavioral control tasks that do not explicitly tax attention,” Neuroscience, vol. 114, no. 2, pp. 451–460, 2002.
- M. Singh, M. Kaur, H. Kukreja, R. Chugh, O. Silakari, and D. Singh, “Acetylcholinesterase inhibitors as Alzheimer therapy: from nerve toxins to neuroprotection,” European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 70, pp. 165–188, 2013.
- C. -L. Liang and G. A. Marks, “GABAA receptors are located in cholinergic terminals in the nucleus pontis oralis of the rat: implications for REM sleep control,” Brain Research, vol. 1543, pp. 58–64, 2014.
- S. Hou, Z. Ou, Q. Chen, and B. Wu, “Amperometric acetylcholine biosensor based on self-assembly of gold nanoparticles and acetylcholinesterase on the sol-gel/multi-walled carbon nanotubes/choline oxidase composite-modified platinum electrode,” Biosensors and Bioelectronics, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 44–49, 2012.
- S. Deng, J. Lei, L. Cheng, Y. Zhang, and H. Ju, “Amplified electrochemiluminescence of quantum dots by electrochemically reduced graphene oxide for nanobiosensing of acetylcholine,” Biosensors and Bioelectronics, vol. 26, no. 11, pp. 4552–4558, 2011.
- S. Upadhyay, G. R. Rao, M. K. Sharma, B. K. Bhattacharya, V. K. Rao, and R. Vijayaraghavan, “Immobilization of acetylcholineesterase-choline oxidase on a gold-platinum bimetallic nanoparticles modified glassy carbon electrode for the sensitive detection of organophosphate pesticides, carbamates and nerve agents,” Biosensors and Bioelectronics, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 832–838, 2009.
- S. Pundir, N. Chauhan, J. Narang, and C. S. Pundir, “Amperometric choline biosensor based on multiwalled carbon nanotubes/zirconium oxide nanoparticles electrodeposited on glassy carbon electrode,” Analytical Biochemistry, vol. 427, pp. 26–32, 2012.
- S. -H. Choi, D. -J. Chung, and H. -D. Kwen, “Chapter 12: fabrication of the biosensor using the vinyl polymer-grafted carbon nanotubes,” in New Perspectives in Biosensors Technology and Applications, InTech, 2011.
- K.-I. Kim, H.-Y. Kang, J.-C. Lee, and S.-H. Choi, “Fabrication of a multi-walled nanotube (MWNT) ionic liquid electrode and its application for sensing phenolics in red wines,” Sensors, vol. 9, no. 9, pp. 6701–6714, 2009.
- S.-H. Choi, J.-H. Yang, and J.-C. Lee, “Tyrosinase-immobilized biosensor based on the functionalized hydroxyl group-MWNT and detection of phenolic compounds in red wines,” Journal of Sensors, vol. 2009, Article ID 916515, 9 pages, 2009.
- K.-L. Kim, J.-C. Lee, K. Robards, and S.-H. Choi, “Immobilization of tyrosinase in carboxylic and carbonyl group-modified MWNT electrode and its application for sensing phenolics in red wines,” Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 3790–3798, 2010.
- D.-S. Yang, D.-J. Jung, and S.-H. Choi, “One-step functionalization of multi-walled carbon nanotubes by radiation-induced graft polymerization and their application as enzyme-free biosensors,” Radiation Physics and Chemistry, vol. 79, no. 4, pp. 434–440, 2010.
- D.-J. Chung, A. K. Whittaker, and S.-H. Choi, “Electrochemical DNA biosensor based on IL-modified MWNTs electrode prepared by radiation-induced graft polymerization,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 126, no. S2, pp. E28–E33, 2012.
- D. -J. Chung, S. -H. Oh, S. Komathic, A. I. Gopalan, K. -P. Lee, and S. -H. Choi, “One-step modification of various electrode surfaces using diazonium salt compounds and the application of this technology to electrochemical DNA (E-DNA) sensors,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 76, pp. 394–403, 2012.