- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Numerical Analysis
Volume 2009 (2009), Article ID 494829, 20 pages
A Subgrid Model for the Time-Dependent Navier-Stokes Equations
Faculty of Science, Xi'an Jiaotong University, Shanxi 710049, China
Received 22 November 2008; Revised 5 May 2009; Accepted 25 June 2009
Academic Editor: Weimin Han
Copyright © 2009 Yan Zhang and Yinnian He. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- V. John, Large Eddy Simulation of Turbulent Incompressible Flows, vol. 34 of Lecture Notes in Computational Science and Engineering, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2004.
- U. Frisch and S. A. Orszag, “Turbulence: challenges for theory and experiment,” Physics Today, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 24–32, 1990.
- T. Iliescu and W. J. Layton, “Approximating the larger eddies in fluid motion. III. The Boussinesq model for turbulent fluctuations,” Analele Ştiinţifice ale Universitătii “Al. I. Cuza” din Iaşi. Serie Nouă. Matematică, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 245–261, 1998.
- J. Smagorinsky, “General circulation experiments with the primitive equation—I: the basic experiment,” Monthly Weather Review, vol. 91, pp. 99–164, 1963.
- J.-L. Guermond, A. Marra, and L. Quartapelle, “Subgrid stabilized projection method for 2D unsteady flows at high Reynolds numbers,” Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, vol. 195, no. 44–47, pp. 5857–5876, 2006.
- S. Kaya, W. Layton, and B. Rivière, “Subgrid stabilized defect correction methods for the Navier-Stokes equations,” SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis, vol. 44, no. 4, pp. 1639–1654, 2006.
- V. John and S. Kaya, “Finite element error analysis of a variational multiscale method for the Navier-Stokes equations,” Advances in Computational Mathematics, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 43–61, 2008.
- T. J. R. Hughes, L. Mazzei, and K. E. Jansen, “Large eddy simulation and the variational multiscale method,” Computing and Visualization in Science, vol. 3, no. 1-2, pp. 47–59, 2000.
- W. Layton and L. Tobiska, “A two-level method with backtracking for the Navier-Stokes equations,” SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis, vol. 35, no. 5, pp. 2035–2054, 1998.
- R. Temam, Navier-Stokes Equations, Theory and Numerical Analysis, North-Holland, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1983.
- V. Girault and P.-A. Raviart, Finite Element Methods for Navier-Stokes Equations, vol. 5 of Springer Series in Computational Mathematics, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1986.
- J. G. Heywood and R. Rannacher, “Finite element approximation of the nonstationary Navier-Stokes problem. III. Smoothing property and higher order error estimates for spatial discretization,” SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 489–512, 1988.
- A. Quarteroni and A. Valli, Numerical Approximation of Partial Differential Equations, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1997.
- J. G. Heywood and R. Rannacher, “Finite element approximation of the nonstationary Navier-Stokes problem. I. Regularity of solutions and second-order error estimates for spatial discretization,” SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 275–311, 1982.
- P. B. Bochev, C. R. Dohrmann, and M. D. Gunzburger, “Stabilization of low-order mixed finite elements for the Stokes equations,” SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 82–101, 2006.
- S. Ganesan, G. Matthies, and L. Tobiska, “Local projection stabilization of equal order interpolation applied to the Stokes problem,” Mathematics of Computation, vol. 77, no. 264, pp. 2039–2060, 2008.
- Y. He and A. Wang, “A simplified two-level method for the steady Navier-Stokes equations,” Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, vol. 197, no. 17-18, pp. 1568–1576, 2008.