- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Numerical Analysis
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 184314, 15 pages
Refinement Methods for State Estimation via Sylvester-Observer Equation
Department of Applied Mathematics, Faculty of Mathematical Sciences, University of Guilan, P.O. Box 1914, Rasht, Iran
Received 6 December 2010; Revised 26 April 2011; Accepted 14 June 2011
Academic Editor: William J. Layton
Copyright © 2011 H. Saberi Najafi and A. H. Refahi Sheikhani. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. N. Datta, Numerical Methods for Linear Control Systems: Design and Analysis, Elsevier Academic Press, San Diego, Calif, USA, 2004.
- A. C. Antoulas, Approximation of Large-Scale Dynamical Systems, vol. 6 of Advances in Design and Control, SIAM, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 2005.
- U. Baur and P. Benner, “Cross-Gramian based model reduction for data-sparse systems,” Electronic Transactions on Numerical Analysis, vol. 31, pp. 256–270, 2008.
- D. C. Sorensen and A. C. Antoulas, “The Sylvester equation and approximate balanced reduction,” Linear Algebra and Its Applications, vol. 351/352, pp. 671–700, 2002.
- W. H. Enright, “Improving the efficiency of matrix operations in the numerical solution of stiff ordinary differential equations,” ACM Transactions on Mathematical Software, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 127–136, 1978.
- D. Calvetti and L. Reichel, “Application of ADI iterative methods to the restoration of noisy images,” SIAM Journal on Matrix Analysis and Applications, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 165–186, 1996.
- J. Z. Hearon, “Nonsingular solutions of ,” vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 57–63, 1977.
- E. de Souza and S. P. Bhattacharyya, “Controllability, observability and the solution of ,” Linear Algebra and its Applications, vol. 39, pp. 167–188, 1981.
- G. H. Golub, S. Nash, and C. Van Loan, “A Hessenberg-Schur method for the problem AX + XB = C,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 909–913, 1979.
- G. H. Golub and C. F. Van Loan, Matrix Computations, Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, Md, USA, 3rd edition, 1996.
- A. El Guennouni, K. Jbilou, and A. J. Riquet, “Block Krylov subspace methods for solving large Sylvester equations,” Numerical Algorithms, vol. 29, no. 1–3, pp. 75–96, 2002.
- L. Bao, Y. Lin, and Y. Wei, “Krylov subspace methods for the generalized Sylvester equation,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 175, no. 1, pp. 557–573, 2006.
- L. Bao, Y. Lin, and Y. Wei, “A new projection method for solving large Sylvester equations,” Applied Numerical Mathematics, vol. 57, no. 5–7, pp. 521–532, 2007.
- D. Calvetti, B. Lewis, and L. Reichel, “On the solution of large Sylvester-observer equations,” Numerical Linear Algebra with Applications, vol. 8, no. 6-7, pp. 435–451, 2001.
- K. Jbilou, “ADI preconditioned Krylov methods for large Lyapunov matrix equations,” Linear Algebra and its Applications, vol. 432, no. 10, pp. 2473–2485, 2010.
- M. Robbé and M. Sadkane, “A convergence analysis of GMRES and FOM methods for Sylvester equations,” Numerical Algorithms, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 71–89, 2002.
- P. Benner, R.-C. Li, and N. Truhar, “On the ADI method for Sylvester equations,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 233, no. 4, pp. 1035–1045, 2009.