- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Numerical Analysis
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 270903, 10 pages
Novel Computational Iterative Methods with Optimal Order for Nonlinear Equations
Department of Mathematics, Islamic Azad University, Zahedan Branch, 98168 Zahedan, Iran
Received 21 August 2011; Accepted 17 October 2011
Academic Editor: Michele Benzi
Copyright © 2011 F. Soleymani. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Iliev and N. Kyurkchiev, Nontrivial Methods in Numerical Analysis (Selected Topics in Numerical Analysis), Lambert Academic Publishing, 2010.
- F. Soleymani, M. Sharifi, and B. S. Mousavi, “An improvement of Ostrowski's and King's techniques with optimal convergence order eight,” Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications. In press.
- N. A. Mir, R. Muneer, and I. Jabeen, “Some families of two-step simultaneous methods for determining zeros of nonlinear equations,” ISRN Applied Mathematics, vol. 2011, Article ID 817174, 11 pages, 2011.
- F. Soleymani, “Two classes of iterative schemes for approximating simple roots,” Journal of Applied Sciences, vol. 11, no. 19, pp. 3442–3446, 2011.
- F. Soleymani, S. Karimi Vanani, and A. Afghani, “A general three-step class of optimal iterations for nonlinear equations,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2011, Article ID 469512, pp. 1–10.
- J. F. Traub, Iterative Methods for the Solution of Equations, Chelsea Publishing Company, New York, NY, USA, 1976.
- H. T. Kung and J. F. Traub, “Optimal order of one-point and multipoint iteration,” Journal of the ACM, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 643–651, 1974.
- P. Sargolzaei and F. Soleymani, “Accurate fourteenth-order methods for solving nonlinear equations,” Numerical Algorithms, vol. 58, pp. 513–527, 2011.
- F. Soleymani and M. Sharifi, “On a class of fifteenth-order iterative formulas for simple roots,” International Electronic Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 3, pp. 245–252, 2011.
- Y. H. Geum and Y. I. Kim, “A multi-parameter family of three-step eighth-order iterative methods locating a simple root,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 215, no. 9, pp. 3375–3382, 2010.
- R. F. King, “A family of fourth-order methods for nonlinear equations,” SIAM Journal of Numerical Analysis, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 876–879, 1973.
- S. K. Khattri, M. A. Noor, and E. Al-Said, “Unifying fourth-order family of iterative methods,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 24, no. 8, pp. 1295–1300, 2011.