- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Numerical Analysis
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 513148, 14 pages
3-Point Block Methods for Direct Integration of General Second-Order Ordinary Differential Equations
1Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, University of Lagos, Akoka, Yaba, Lagos, Nigeria
2Department of Computer Sciences, Faculty of Science, University of Lagos, Akoka, Yaba, Lagos, Nigeria
Received 3 February 2011; Revised 18 April 2011; Accepted 26 May 2011
Academic Editor: István Faragó
Copyright © 2011 J. O. Ehigie et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. A. Okunuga and J. Ehigie, “A new derivation of continuous collocation multistep methods using power series as basis function,” Journal of Modern Mathematics and Statistics, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 43–50, 2009.
- P. Onumanyi, D. O. Awoyemi, S. N. Jator, and U. W. Sirisena, “New linear multistep methods with continuous coefficients for first order IVPs,” Journal of the Nigerian Mathematical Society, vol. 13, pp. 37–51, 1994.
- R. L. Brown, “Some characteristics of implicit multistep multi-derivative integration formulas,” SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 982–993, 1977.
- P. Onumanyi, J. Fatokun, and B. O. Adejo, “Accurate numerical differentiation by continuous integrators for ordinary differential equations,” Journal of the Nigerian Mathematical Society, vol. 27, pp. 69–90, 2008.
- F. Ismail, L. K. Yap, and O. Mohamad, “Explicit and implicit 3-point block methods for solving special second order ordinary differential equations directly,” International Journal of Mathematical Analysis, vol. 3, no. 5, pp. 239–254, 2009.
- J. O. Ehigie, S. A. Okunuga, and A. B. Sofoluwe, “On generalized 2-step continuous linear multistep method of hybrid type for the integration of second order ordinary differential equations,” Archives of Applied Science Research, vol. 2, no. 6, pp. 362–372, 2010.
- W. E. Milne, Numerical Solution of Differential Equations, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1953.
- J. B. Rosser, “A Runge-Kutta for all seasons,” SIAM Review, vol. 9, pp. 417–452, 1967.
- L. F. Shampine and H. A. Watts, “Block implicit one-step methods,” Mathematics of Computation, vol. 23, pp. 731–740, 1969.
- S. O. Fatunla, “Parallel methods for second order ODEs,” in Monogragh- Computational Ordinary Differential Equations, S. O. Fatunla, Ed., pp. 87–99, University Press Plc, Ibadan, Nigeria, 1992.
- S. O. Fatunla, Numerical Methods for Fatunla Initial Value Problems in Ordinary Differential Equations, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1988.
- J. D. Lambert, Computational Methods in Ordinary Differential Equations, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1973.