- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Numerical Analysis
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 493707, 9 pages
Further Development of Jarratt Method for Solving Nonlinear Equations
Padé Research Centre, 39 Deanswood Hill, Leeds, West Yorkshire LS17 5JS, UK
Received 18 May 2012; Accepted 17 July 2012
Academic Editor: Michele Benzi
Copyright © 2012 R. Thukral. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. Soleymani, “Revisit of Jarratt method for solving nonlinear equations,” Numerical Algorithms, vol. 57, no. 3, pp. 377–388, 2011.
- X. Wang, J. Kou, and Y. Li, “A variant of Jarratt method with sixth-order convergence,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 204, no. 1, pp. 14–19, 2008.
- X. Wang, J. Kou, and Y. Li, “Modified Jarratt method with sixth-order convergence,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 22, no. 12, pp. 1798–1802, 2009.
- W. Gautschi, Numerical Analysis: An Introduction, Birkhäuser, Boston, Mass, USA, 1997.
- J. F. Traub, Iterative Methods For Solution of Equations, Chelsea Publishing Company, New York, NY, USA, 1977.
- S. Weerakoon and T. G. I. Fernando, “A variant of Newton's method with accelerated third-order convergence,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 13, no. 8, pp. 87–93, 2000.
- P. Jarratt, “Some efficient fourth order multipoint methods for solving equations,” BIT, vol. 9, pp. 119–124, 1969.