- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Numerical Analysis
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 973407, 17 pages
Accelerated Circulant and Skew Circulant Splitting Methods for Hermitian Positive Definite Toeplitz Systems
School of Mathematical Sciences, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, P.O. Box 1159-91775, Mashhad 9177948953, Iran
Received 5 August 2011; Revised 26 October 2011; Accepted 26 October 2011
Academic Editor: Ivan Ganchev Ivanov
Copyright © 2012 N. Akhondi and F. Toutounian. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. Delsarte and Y. V. Genin, “The split Levinson algorithm,” IEEE Transactions on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 470–478, 1986.
- N. Levinson, “The Wiener RMS (root mean square) error criterion in filter design and prediction,” Journal of Mathematics and Physics, vol. 25, pp. 261–278, 1947.
- W. F. Trench, “An algorithm for the inversion of finite Toeplitz matrices,” vol. 12, pp. 515–522, 1964.
- G. S. Ammar and W. B. Gragg, “Superfast solution of real positive definite Toeplitz systems,” SIAM Journal on Matrix Analysis and Applications, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 61–76, 1988.
- G. Strang, “Proposal for Toeplitz matrix calculations,” Studies in Applied Mathematics, vol. 74, no. 2, pp. 171–176, 1986.
- M. K. Ng, “Circulant and skew circulant splitting methods for Toeplitz systems,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 159, no. 1, pp. 101–108, 2003.
- C. Gu and Z. Tian, “On the HSS iteration methods for positive definite Toeplitz linear systems,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 224, no. 2, pp. 709–718, 2009.
- Z. Z. Bai, G. H. Golub, and M. K. Ng, “Hermitian and skew-Hermitian splitting methods for non-Hermitian positive definite linear systems,” SIAM Journal on Matrix Analysis and Applications, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 603–626, 2003.
- T. K. Ku and C. C. J. Kuo, “Design and analysis of Toeplitz preconditioners,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 129–141, 1992.
- M. K. Ng, Iterative Methods for Toeplitz Systems, Oxford University Press, New York, NY, USA, 2004.
- R. H. Chan and M. K. Ng, “Conjugate gradient methods for Toeplitz systems,” SIAM Review, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 427–482, 1996.
- J. M. Ortega, Numerical Analysis. A Second Course, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1972.
- A. Frommer and D. B. Syzld, “Weighted max norms, splittings, and overlapping additive Schwarz iterations,” Numerische Mathematik, vol. 5, p. 4862, 1997.
- R. A. Horn and C. R. Johnson, Matrix Analysis, Cambridge University Press, New York, NY, USA, 1985.
- R. H. Chan, “Circulant preconditioners for Hermitian Toeplitz systems,” SIAM Journal on Matrix Analysis and Applications, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 542–550, 1989.