- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Numerical Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 517452, 5 pages
A Global Convergence of LS-CD Hybrid Conjugate Gradient Method
Department of Mathematics and Econometrics, Hunan University of Humanities, Science, and Technology, Loudi 417000, China
Received 25 June 2013; Revised 3 September 2013; Accepted 4 September 2013
Academic Editor: William J. Layton
Copyright © 2013 Xiangfei Yang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Nocedal and J. S. Wright, Numerical Optimization, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1999.
- Y. Yuan, Numerical Methods for Nonlinear Programming, Shanghai Scientific & Technical Publishers, Shanghai, China, 1993.
- R. Fletcher and C. Reeves, “Function minimization by conjugate gradients,” The Computer Journal, vol. 7, pp. 149–154, 1964.
- E. Polak and G. Ribiére, “Note sur la convergence de méthodes de directions conjuguées,” Revue Française de Recherche Opérationnelle, no. 16, pp. 35–43, 1969.
- B. T. Polyak, “The conjugate gradient method in extreme problems,” Computational Mathematics and Mathematical Physics, vol. 9, pp. 94–112, 1969.
- Y. H. Dai and Y. Yuan, “A nonlinear conjugate gradient method with a strong global convergence property,” SIAM Journal on Optimization, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 177–182, 1999.
- R. Fletcher, “Unconstrained Optimization,” in Practical Methods of Optimization, vol. 1, part 1, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 1987.
- Y. Liu and C. Storey, “Efficient generalized conjugate gradient algorithms. I. Theory,” Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, vol. 69, no. 1, pp. 129–137, 1991.
- M. R. Hestenes and E. Stiefel, “Method of conjugate gradient for solving linear systems,” Journal of Research of the National Bureau of Standards, vol. 49, pp. 409–436, 1952.
- D. Touati-Ahmed and C. Storey, “Efficient hybrid conjugate gradient techniques,” Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, vol. 64, no. 2, pp. 379–397, 1990.
- Y. H. Dai and Y. Yuan, “An efficient hybrid conjugate gradient method for unconstrained optimization,” Annals of Operations Research, vol. 103, pp. 33–47, 2001.
- N. Andrei, “A scaled BFGS preconditioned conjugate gradient algorithm for unconstrained optimization,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 645–650, 2007.
- N. Andrei, “A hybrid conjugate gradient algorithm for unconstrained optimization as a convex combination of Hestenes-Stiefel and Dai-Yuan,” Studies in Informatics and Control, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 55–70, 2008.
- Y.-H. Dai and C.-X. Kou, “A nonlinear conjugate gradient algorithm with an optimal property and an improved Wolfe line search,” SIAM Journal on Optimization, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 296–320, 2013.
- S. Babaie-Kafaki and N. Mahdavi-Amiri, “Two modified hybrid conjugate gradient methods based on a hybrid secant equation,” Mathematical Modelling and Analysis, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 32–52, 2013.
- W. Jia, J. H. Zong, and X. D. Wang, “An improved mixed conjugate gradient method,” Systems Engineering Procedia, vol. 4, pp. 219–225, 2012.
- M. Sun and J. Liu, “A new conjugate method and its global convergence,” Journal of Information and Computing Science, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 75–80, 2013.
- J. J. Moré, B. S. Garbow, and K. E. Hillstrom, “Testing unconstrained optimization software,” ACM Transactions on Mathematical Software, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 17–41, 1981.
- W. Hock and K. Schittkowski, “Test examples for nonlinear programming codes,” Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 127–129, 1981.