- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Numerical Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 571528, 10 pages
Nonlinear Finite Element Analysis of Sloshing
Structural Mechanics Laboratory, Reactor Design Group, Indira Gandhi Center for Atomic Research, Kalpakkam 603102, Tamilnadu, India
Received 28 November 2012; Accepted 10 January 2013
Academic Editor: Zhangxing Chen
Copyright © 2013 Siva Srinivas Kolukula and P. Chellapandi. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. N. Abramson, “The dynamic behaviour of liquid in moving containers,” NASA Report SP 106, 1996.
- M. A. Haroun, “Dynamic analysis of liquid storage tanks,” Tech. Rep. EERL 80-4, California Institute of Technology, 1980.
- O. M. Faltinsen, “A numerical non-linear method of sloshing in tanks with two dimensional flow,” Journal of Ship Research, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 193–202, 1978.
- O. M. Faltinsen, “A nonlinear theory of sloshing in rectangular tanks,” Journal of Ship Research, vol. 18, pp. 224–241, 1974.
- T. Nakayama and K. Washizu, “The boundary element method applied to the analysis of two-dimensional nonlinear sloshing problems,” International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, vol. 17, no. 11, pp. 1631–1646, 1981.
- G. X. Wu and R. E. Taylor, “Finite element analysis of two-dimensional nonlinear transient water waves,” Applied Ocean Research, vol. 16, pp. 363–372, 1994.
- G. X. Wu and R. E. Taylor, “Time stepping solutions of the two-dimensional nonlinear wave radiation problem,” Ocean Engineering, vol. 8, pp. 785–798, 1995.
- W. Chen, M. A. Haroun, and F. Liu, “Large amplitude liquid sloshing in seismically excited tanks,” Journal of Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, vol. 25, pp. 653–669, 1996.
- M. S. Turnbull, A. G. L. Borthwick, and R. Eatock Taylor, “Numerical wave tank based on a σ-transformed finite element inviscid flow solver,” International Journal for Numerical Methods in Fluids, vol. 42, no. 6, pp. 641–663, 2003.
- J. B. Frandsen, “Sloshing motions in the excited tanks,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 196, no. 1, pp. 53–87, 2004.
- J. R. Cho and H. W. Lee, “Non-linear finite element analysis of large amplitude sloshing flow in two-dimensional tank,” International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, vol. 61, no. 4, pp. 514–531, 2004.
- C. Z. Wang and B. C. Khoo, “Finite element analysis of two-dimensional nonlinear sloshing problems in random excitations,” Ocean Engineering, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 107–133, 2005.
- V. Sriram, S. A. Sannasiraj, and V. Sundar, “Numerical simulation of 2D sloshing waves due to horizontal and vertical random excitation,” Applied Ocean Research, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 19–32, 2006.
- K. C. Biswal, S. K. Bhattacharyya, and P. K. Sinha, “Non-linear sloshing in partially liquid filled containers with baffles,” International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, vol. 68, no. 3, pp. 317–337, 2006.
- R. A. Ibrahim, V. N. Pilipchuk, and T. Ikeda, “Recent advances in liquid sloshing dynamics,” ASME Applied Mechanics Review, vol. 54, pp. 133–199, 2001.
- M. S. Longuet-Higgins and E. D. Cokelet, “The deformation of steep surface waves on water. I. A numerical method of computation,” Proceedings of the Royal Society A, vol. 350, no. 1660, pp. 1–26, 1976.
- O. C. Zienkiewicz and J. Z. Zhu, “The superconvergent patch recovery and a posteriori error estimates. I. The recovery technique,” International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, vol. 33, no. 7, pp. 1331–1364, 1992.