- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 795439, 5 pages
Prevalence of Anemia and Risk of Adverse Bleeding Effect of Drugs: Implication for Therapy
Institute of Clinical Pathology & Medical Research, Nepean Hospital Pathology, Kingswood NSW 2747, Australia
Received 28 October 2011; Accepted 17 December 2011
Academic Editor: Aurelio Maggio
Copyright © 2012 Ezekiel Uba Nwose. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Simon, Anaemia Complications, University of Marylands Medical Centre, Baltimore, Md, USA, 2009.
- E. U. Nwose and N. G. Cann, “Whole blood viscosity issues VI: association with blood salicylate level and gastrointestinal bleeding,” North American Journal of Medical Science, vol. 2, no. 10, pp. 457–460, 2010.
- E. U. Nwose, N. G. Cann, and E. Butkowski, “Whole blood viscosity assessment issues III: association with international normalized ratio and thrombocytopenia,” North American Journal of Medical Sciences, vol. 2, no. 7, pp. 301–305, 2010.
- J. Dunning, M. Versteegh, A. Fabbri et al., “Guideline on antiplatelet and anticoagulation management in cardiac surgery,” European Journal of Cardio-thoracic Surgery, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 73–92, 2008.
- M. Stegnar, “Platelet function tests and resistance to antiplatelet therapy,” Srpski Arhiv Za Celokupno Lekarstvo, vol. 138, supplement 1, pp. 59–63, 2010.
- R. Mösges, J. Köberlein, A. Heibges, B. Erdtracht, R. Klingel, and W. Lehmacher, “Rheopheresis for idiopathic sudden hearing loss: results from a large prospective, multicenter, randomized, controlled clinical trial,” European Archives of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology, vol. 266, no. 7, pp. 943–953, 2009.
- G. Palme, M. Kochen, and H. Leonhardt, “Changes of blood flow properties in patients with chronic liver disease,” Clinica Chimica Acta, vol. 61, no. 2, pp. 163–169, 1975.
- A. Larcan and J. F. Stoltz, “Blood hyperviscosity syndromes. Classification and physiopathological understanding. Therapeutic deductions,” Annales de Médecine Interne, vol. 134, no. 5, pp. 395–410, 1983.
- A. Larcan, J. F. Stoltz, and S. Gaillard, “Blood viscosity. Measurement and applications (hyper- and hypoviscosity syndromes),” La Nouvelle Presse Médicale, vol. 10, no. 17, pp. 1411–1415, 1981.
- National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, Lupus: A Patient Care Guide for Nurses and Other Health Professionals, National Institute of Health, Bethesda, Md, USA, 2006.
- C. Alderman, “Interpreting laboratory data: biochemistry and haematology,” in Text Book Of Clinical Pharmacy, K. N. Hansen, M. C. Nahata, and G. Parthasarathi, Eds., pp. 113–137, 2004.
- R. D. W. Klemm, A. E. Sommerfelt, A. Boyo, et al., “Are we making progress on reducing anemia in women?” Tech. Rep., USAID, Washington, DC, USA, 2011.
- K. M. Musallam, H. M. Tamim, T. Richards et al., “Preoperative anaemia and postoperative outcomes in non-cardiac surgery: a retrospective cohort study,” The Lancet, vol. 378, no. 9800, pp. 1396–1407, 2011.
- R. F. Logan, G. Tucker, E. A. Rifkind, et al., “Changes in clinical features of coeliac disease in adults in Edinburgh and the Lothians 1960-79,” British Medical Journal, vol. 286, no. 6359, pp. 95–97, 1983.
- P. Telfer, P. G. Coen, S. Christou et al., “Survival of medically treated thalassemia patients in Cyprus. Trends and risk factors over the period 1980–2004,” Haematologica, vol. 91, no. 9, pp. 1187–1192, 2006.
- S. Stewart, D. Wilkinson, C. Hansen et al., “Predominance of heart failure in the heart of Soweto study cohort,” Circulation, vol. 118, no. 23, pp. 2360–2367, 2008.
- E. U. Nwose, R. S. Richards, E. Butkowski, and N. Cann, “Position paper for health authorities: archived clinical pathology data-treasure to revalue and appropriate,” African journal of medicine and medical sciences, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 311–315, 2010.
- E. U. Nwose, “Whole blood viscosity assessment issues I: extrapolation chart and reference values,” North American Journal of Medical Sciences, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 165–169, 2010.
- E. U. Nwose and R. S. Richards, “Whole blood viscosity issue VIII: comparison of extrapolation method with diagnostic digital viscometer,” North American Journal of Medical Sciences, vol. 3, no. 7, pp. 333–335, 2011.
- D. Mackerras and G. Singh, “The prevalence of anaemia depends on the definition: an example from the Aboriginal Birth Cohort Study,” European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, vol. 61, no. 1, pp. 135–139, 2007.
- Chris and Support Group, “Lab tests for rheumatic diseases,” http://www.http://rheumatic.org/, 2011.
- N. M. Davies, “Toxicity of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs in the large intestine,” Diseases of the Colon and Rectum, vol. 38, no. 12, pp. 1311–1321, 1995.
- L. Bryniarski, A. Pelc-Nowicka, M. Zabojszcz, and E. Mirek-Bryniarska, “Dual antiplatelet therapy and antithrombotic treatment: recommendations and controversies,” Cardiology Journal, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 179–189, 2009.
- P. A. Lee, D. W. Roloff, and W. F. Howatt, “Hypoproteinemia and anemia in infants with cystic fibrosis,” Journal of the American Medical Association, vol. 228, no. 5, pp. 585–588, 1974.
- O. H. Nielsen and B. F. Larsen, “The incidence of anemia, hypoproteinemia, and edema in infants as presenting symptoms of cystic fibrosis: a retrospective survey of the frequency of this symptom complex in 130 patients with cystic fibrosis,” Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 355–359, 1982.
- A. E. Muñiz, S. Bartle, and R. Foster, “Edema, anemia, hypoproteinemia, and acrodermatitis enteropathica: an uncommon initial presentation of cystic fibrosis,” Pediatric Emergency Care, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 112–114, 2004.
- G. W. Ewing, E. U. Nwose, and E. N. Ewing, “Obstructive sleep apnea management with interactive computer technology and nutrition: two case reports,” Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, vol. 15, no. 12, pp. 1379–1381, 2009.
- E. U. Nwose, “Whole blood viscosity assessment issues V: prevalence in hypercreatinaemia, hyperglycaemia and hyperlipidaemia,” North American Journal of Medical Science, vol. 2, no. 9, pp. 403–408, 2010.