- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in OptoElectronics
Volume 2007 (2007), Article ID 97545, 6 pages
Thin-Film Solar Cells Based on the Polycrystalline Compound Semiconductors CIS and CdTe
1Zentrum für Sonnenenergie- und Wasserstoff-Forschung Baden-Württemberg (ZSW), Industriest 6, Stuttgart 70565, Germany
2SOLARPACT, Breslauer Ring 9a, Friedrichsdorf 61381, Germany
Received 7 May 2007; Accepted 18 July 2007
Academic Editor: Armin G. Aberle
Copyright © 2007 Michael Powalla and Dieter Bonnet. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. M. Woodcock, H. Schade, H. Maurus, B. Dimmler, J. Springer, and A. Ricaud, “A study of the upscaling of thin film solar cell manufacture towards 500 MWp per annum,” in Proceedings of the 14th European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference, pp. 857–860, H. S. Stephens & Associates, Barcelona, Spain, 1997.
- D. Bonnet, B. Henrichs, and H. Richter, “High-rate deposition of high-quality CdTe films for high-efficiency solar cells,” in Proccedings of the 22nd IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists Conference, vol. 2, pp. 1165–1168, Las Vegas, Nev, USA, October 1991.
- H. M. Al-Allak, S. A. Galloway, A. W. Brinkman, K. Durose, H. Richter, and D. Bonnet, “The effect of processing conditions on the electrical and structural properties of CdS/CdTe solar cells,” in Proceedings of 13th European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference, pp. 2135–2138, Nice, France, October 1995.
- X. Wu, J. C. Keane, R. G. Dhere, et al., “16.5%-efficient CdS/CdTe polycrystalline thin-film solar cell,” in Proceedings of the 17th European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference, pp. 995–1000, Munich, Germany, October 2001.
- M. Powalla, “The R&D potential of CIS thin-film solar modules,” in Proceedings of the 21st European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference, p. 1789ff, Dresden, Germany, September 2006.
- O. Lundberg, M. Bodegård, J. Malmström, and L. Stolt, “Influence of the Cu(In,Ga) thickness and Ga grading on solar cell performance,” Progress in Photovoltaics, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 77–88, 2002.
- M. A. Contreras, K. Ramanathan, J. AbuShama, et al., “Diode characteristics in state-of-the-art ZnO/CdS/Cu solar cells,” Progress in Photovoltaics, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 209–216, 2005.
- M. Powalla, B. Dimmler, R. Schaeffler, et al., “CIGS solar modules: progress in pilot production, new development and applications,” in Proceedings of the 19th European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference, p. 1663, Paris, France, June 2004.
- H. S. Ullal, K. Zweibel, and B. Von Roedern, “Polycrystalline thin film photovoltaics: research, development, and technologies,” in Proceedings of the 29th IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists Conference, pp. 472–477, New Orleans, La, USA, May 2002.
- CIS production average.
- P. V. Meyers, “First solar polycrystalline CdTe thin film PV,” in Proccedings of the 4th IEEE World Conference on Photovoltaic Energy Conversion, vol. 2, pp. 2024–2027, Waikoloa, Hawaii, USA, May 2006.
- J. Fritsche, T. Schulmeyer, A. Thißen, A. Klein, and W. Jaegermann, “Interface modification of CdTe thin film solar cells by -activation,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 431-432, pp. 267–271, 2003.
- D. Bonnet, R. Wendet, K. Durose, et al., “CADBACK: the CdTe thin film solar cell-improved back contact,” Final Report JOR3-CT98-0218, European Commission, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium, 2002.
- S. Spiering, S. Chowdhury, A. Drese, D. Hariskos, A. Eicke, and M. Powalla, “Evaporated indium sulphide as buffer layer in Cu(In,Ga)-based solar cells,” in Proceedings of the 21st European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference, p. 1847, Dresden, Germany, 2006.
- F. Kessler, D. Herrmann, and M. Powalla, “Approaches to flexible CIGS thin-film solar cells,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 480-481, pp. 491–498, 2005.
- D. Braunger, D. Hariskos, G. Bilger, U. Rau, and H. W. Schock, “Influence of sodium on the growth of polycrystalline Cu(In,Ga) thin films,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 361-362, pp. 161–166, 2000.
- R. Kniese, M. Powalla, and U. Rau, “Characterization of the CdS/Cu(In,Ga) interface by electron beam induced currents,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 515, no. 15, pp. 6163–6167, 2007.
- preliminary data sheet, http://www.johanna-solar.com/produkte/datenblatt_oem.pdf.
- ZSW Jahresbericht, 2006, http://www.zsw-bw.de.
- M. Ross, G. Rich, L. Petacci, and J. Klammer, “Improvement in reliability and energy yield prediction of thin-film CdS/CdTe PV modules,” in Proccedings of the 4th IEEE World Conference on Photovoltaic Energy Conversion, vol. 2, pp. 2148–2151, Waikoloa, Hawaii, USA, May 2006.