- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in OptoElectronics
Volume 2008 (2008), Article ID 373259, 5 pages
Optical Intensity Modulation in an LiNbO3 Slab-Coupled Waveguide
1Laser and Optics Research Center (LORC), Department of Physics, United States Air Force Academy, CO 80840, USA
2Air Force Office of Scientific Research (AFOSR)/NE, 875 North Randolph Street, Suite 326, Arlington, VA 22203, USA
Received 29 September 2008; Accepted 3 December 2008
Academic Editor: Jung Huang
Copyright © 2008 Yalin Lu and Kitt Reinhardt. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Loayssa, D. Benito, and M. J. Garde, “Single-sideband suppressed-carrier modulation using a single-electrode electrooptic modulator,” IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, vol. 13, no. 8, pp. 869–871, 2001.
- G. H. Jin, Y. K. Zou, V. Fuflyigin, et al., “PLZT film waveguide Mach-Zehnder electrooptic modulator,” Journal of Lightwave Technology, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 807–812, 2000.
- G. E. Betts, “LiNb external modulators and their use in high performance analog link,” in RF Photonic Technology in Optical Fiber Links, W. S. Chang, Ed., pp. 81–129, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 2002.
- M. Sugiyama, “Hi perf LiNb modulators,” in Proceedings of the Optical Fiber Communications Conference (OFC '03), vol. 2, pp. 764–765, Atlanta, Ga, USA, March 2003.
- J. J. Plant, P. W. Juodawlkis, R. K. Huang, J. P. Donnelly, L. J. Missaggia, and K. G. Ray, “1.5-m InGaAsP-InP slab-coupled optical waveguide lasers,” IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 735–737, 2005.
- E. A. J. Marcatili, “Slab-coupled waveguides,” Bell Labs Technical Journal, vol. 53, no. 4, pp. 645–674, 1974.
- M. R. Ramadas, E. Garmire, A. K. Ghatak, K. Thyagarajan, and M. R. Shenoy, “Analysis of absorbing and leaky planar waveguides: a novel method,” Optics Letters, vol. 17, no. 7, pp. 376–378, 1989.
- T. Tamir, Guided-Wave Optoelectronics, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1990.
- M. Marangoni, R. Osellame, R. Ramponi, and E. Giorgetti, “Second harmonic generation from radiation to guided modes for the characterization of reverse-proton-exchanged waveguides,” Optics Express, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 294–298, 2004.
- Y. Lu and R. J. Knize, “Laser-assisted fabrication of new slab-coupled lithium niobate optical waveguide,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 254, no. 4, pp. 1079–1082, 2007.