- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in OptoElectronics
Volume 2008 (2008), Article ID 428971, 10 pages
Noise Analysis of Second-Harmonic Generation in Undoped and MgO-Doped Periodically Poled Lithium Niobate
1Department of Engineering Physics, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada L8S 4L8
2Department of Chemistry, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada L8S 4L8
Received 29 February 2008; Accepted 21 July 2008
Academic Editor: Yalin Lu
Copyright © 2008 Yong Wang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. R. Shen, The Principles of Nonlinear Optics, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1984.
- T. Suhara and M. Fujimura, Waveguide Nonlinear-Optic Devices, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2003.
- M. M. Fejer, G. A. Magel, D. H. Jundt, and R. L. Byer, “Quasi-phase-matched second harmonic generation: tuning and tolerances,” IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics, vol. 28, no. 11, pp. 2631–2654, 1992.
- C.-Q. Xu, H. Okayama, and M. Kawahara, “1.5- band efficient broadband wavelength conversion by difference frequency generation in a periodically domain-inverted channel waveguide,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 63, no. 26, pp. 3559–3561, 1993.
- C.-Q. Xu, B. Zhou, Y. L. Lam, S. Arahira, Y. Ogawa, and H. Ito, “All-optical demultiplexing using quasiphase-matched wavelength converters,” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 40, no. 8, pp. L881–L883, 2001.
- Y. Nishida, H. Miyazawa, M. Asobe, O. Tadanaga, and H. Suzuki, “0-dB wavelength conversion using direct-bonded QPM-Zn: ridge waveguide,” IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 1049–1051, 2005.
- D. Eger, M. A. Arbore, M. M. Fejer, and M. L. Bortz, “High intensity illumination effects in and waveguides,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 82, no. 3, pp. 998–1005, 1997.
- A. M. Glass, “The photorefractive effect,” Optical Engineering, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 470–479, 1978.
- T. Fujiwara, X. Cao, R. Srivastava, and R. V. Ramaswamy, “Photorefractive effect in annealed proton-exchanged waveguides,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 61, no. 7, pp. 743–745, 1992.
- C.-Q. Xu, H. Okayama, and Y. Ogawa, “Photorefractive damage of quasiphase matched wavelength converters,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 87, no. 7, pp. 3203–3208, 2000.
- M. Asobe, O. Tadanaga, T. Yanagawa, H. Itoh, and H. Suzuki, “Reducing photorefractive effect in periodically poled ZnO- and MgO-doped wavelength converters,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 78, no. 21, pp. 3163–3165, 2001.
- B. Chen, J. Fonseca-Campos, W. Liang, Y. Wang, and C.-Q. Xu, “Wavelength and temperature dependence of photorefractive effect in quasi-phase-matched waveguides,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 89, no. 4, Article ID 043510, 3 pages, 2006.
- B. Chen, C.-Q. Xu, B. Zhou, Y. Nihei, A. Harada, and Y. Wang, “Temperature characteristics of 1.5--band MgO doped quasi-phase matched wavelength converters,” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 40, no. 6B, part 2, pp. L612–L614, 2001.
- Y. Wang, J. Fonseca-Campos, and C.-Q. Xu, “Picosecond-pulse wavelength conversion based on cascaded second-harmonic generation-difference frequency generation in a periodically poled lithium niobate waveguide,” Applied Optics, vol. 45, no. 21, pp. 5391–5403, 2006.
- J. Fonseca-Campos, Y. Wang, B. Chen, et al., “40-GHz picosecond-pulse second-harmonic generation in an MgO-doped PPLN waveguide,” Journal of Lightwave Technology, vol. 24, no. 10, pp. 3698–3708, 2006.
- Y. Wang and C.-Q. Xu, “Analysis of ultrafast all-optical OTDM demultiplexing based on cascaded wavelength conversion in PPLN waveguides,” IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, vol. 19, no. 7, pp. 495–497, 2007.
- C.-Q. Xu, “Plasma/electrostatic ferroelectric material processing,” in Proceedings of the 4th Asia-Pacific International Symposium on the Basic and Application of Plasma Technologies (APSPT-4), pp. 49–53, Yunlin, Taiwan, December 2005.
- D.-W. Chen and T. S. Rose, “Low noise 10-W cw OPO generation near 3 in MgO doped PPLN,” in Proceedings of the Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics (CLEO '05), vol. 3, pp. 1829–1831, Baltimore, Md, USA, May 2005.
- H. K. Nguyen, C. Zah, M. H. Hu, et al., “107-mW low-noise green light emission by frequency doubling of reliable 1060-nm DFB semiconductor laser diodes,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Quantum Electronics and the Pacific Rim Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics (IQEC/CLEO-PR '05), Tokyo, Japan, July 2005.