- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in OptoElectronics
Volume 2009 (2009), Article ID 918351, 8 pages
Synthesis of Luminescent Ink from Europium-Doped Y2O3 Dispersed in Polyvinyl Alcohol Solution
Department of Physics, Bandung Institute of Technology, Jl. Ganeca 10, Bandung 40132, Indonesia
Received 1 January 2009; Revised 16 February 2009; Accepted 17 March 2009
Academic Editor: W.-C. Chen
Copyright © 2009 et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Abdullah, C. Panatarani, T.-O. Kim, and K. Okuyama, “Nanostructured ZnO/:Eu for use as fillers in luminescent polymer electrolyte composites,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 377, no. 1-2, pp. 298–305, 2004.
- S. S. Chadha, D. W. Smith, A. Vecht, and C. S. Gibbons, in Proceedings of the SID International Symposium: Digest of Technical Papers, vol. 51, p. 1, Santa Ana, Calif, USA, May 1994.
- S. H. Cho, J. S. Yoo, and J. D. Lee, “Synthesis and low-voltage characteristics of :Pr luminescent powders,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 143, no. 10, pp. L231–L234, 1996.
- S. Itoh, H. Toki, K. Tamura, and F. Kataoka, “A new red-emitting phosphor, , for low-voltage electron excitation,” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 38, no. 11, pp. 6387–6391, 1999.
- M. Abdullah, K. Okuyama, I. W. Lenggoro, and S. Taya, “A polymer solution process for synthesis of :Ce phosphor particles,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 351, no. 8-9, pp. 697–704, 2005.
- M. Abdullah and Khairurrijal, “Derivation of scherrer relation using an approach in basic physics course,” Jurnal Nanosains & Nanoteknologi, vol. 1, no. 1, p. 79, 2008.
- D. Matsuura, “Red, green, and blue upconversion luminescence of trivalent-rare-earth ion-doped nanocrystals,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 81, no. 24, pp. 4526–4528, 2002.
- Y. L. Soo, S. W. Huang, Z. H. Ming, et al., “X-ray excited luminescence and local structures in Tb-doped nanocrystals,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 83, no. 10, pp. 5404–5409, 1998.
- R. Schmechel, M. Kennedy, H. von Seggern, et al., “Luminescence properties of nanocrystalline : in different host materials,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 89, no. 3, pp. 1679–1686, 2001.
- T. Ye, Z. Guiwen, Z. Weiping, and X. Shangda, “Combustion synthesis and photoluminescence of nanocrystalline :Eu phosphors,” Materials Research Bulletin, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 501–506, 1997.
- T. Igarashi, M. Ihara, T. Kusunoki, K. Ohno, T. Isobe, and M. Senna, “Relationship between optical properties and crystallinity of nanometer : Eu phosphor,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 76, no. 12, pp. 1549–1551, 2000.
- Y. C. Kang, S. B. Park, I. W. Lenggoro, and K. Okuyama, “Preparation of nonaggregated :Eu phosphor particles by spray pyrolysis method,” Journal of Materials Research, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 2611–2615, 1999.
- M. Abdullah, I. W. Lenggoro, B. Xia, and K. Okuyama, “Novel processing for softly agglomerated luminescent : nanoparticles using polymeric precursors,” Journal of the Ceramic Society of Japan, vol. 113, no. 1313, pp. 97–100, 2005.
- X. Guo, Y. Wang, and J. Zhang, “Synthesis multivarious morphologies and sizes of : phosphors and clarification of the crystal structure of ,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 311, no. 8, pp. 2409–2417, 2009.
- J. L. Ferraru, A. M. Pires, and M. R. Davolos, “The effect of concentration on the host lattice obtained from citrate precursors,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 113, no. 2-3, pp. 587–590, 2009.
- L. Qianshu, F. Caihong, J. Qingze, G. Lin, L. Chenmin, and B. X. Hui, “Shape-controlled synthesis of yttria nanocrystals under hydrothermal conditions,” Physica Status Solidi a, vol. 201, no. 14, pp. 3055–3059, 2004.
- W.-C. Chien, “Synthesis of :Eu phosphors by bicontinuous cubic phase process,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 290, no. 2, pp. 554–559, 2006.
- W.-C. Chien and Y.-Y. Yu, “Preparation of : phosphors by homogeneous precipitation inside bicontinuous cubic phase,” Materials Letters, vol. 62, no. 26, pp. 4217–4219, 2008.
- R. N. Bhargava, D. Gallagher, X. Hong, and A. Nurmikko, “Optical properties of manganese-doped nanocrystals of ZnS,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 72, no. 3, pp. 416–419, 1994.
- G. Mauthner, K. Landfester, A. Köck, et al., “Inkjet printed surface cell light-emitting devices from a water-based polymer dispersion,” Organic Electronics, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 164–170, 2008.
- G. Bühler and C. Feldmann, “Transparent luminescent layers via ionic liquid-based approach to :RE (RE = Ce, Tb, Eu) dispersions,” Applied Physics A, vol. 87, no. 4, pp. 631–636, 2007.
- V. Svrcek, D. Mariotti, R. Hailstone, H. Fujiwara, and M. Kondo, “Luminescent colloidal silicon nanocrystals prepared by nanoseconds laser fragmentation and laser ablation in water,” in Proceedings of the Materials Research Society Symposium, vol. 1066, pp. 437–442, San Francisco, Calif, USA, March 2008, paper no. 1066-A18-10.
- A. Fojtik, M. Giersig, and A. Henglein, “Formation of nanaometer-size silicon particles in laser induced plasma i ,” Berichte der Bunsen-Gesellschaft Physical Chemistry, Chemical Physics, vol. 97, no. 11, p. 1493, 1993.
- A. Fojtik and A. Henglein, “Luminescent colloidal silicon particles,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 221, no. 5-6, pp. 363–367, 1994.
- O. A. Lopez, J. McKittrick, and L. E. Shea, “Fluorescence properties of polycrystalline -activated and - co-activated in the visible and near IR ranges,” Journal of Luminescence, vol. 71, no. 1, pp. 1–11, 1997.
- S. Yamamoto, M. Kakihana, and S. Kato, “Polymer complex solution route to the low-temperature synthesis of tetragonal with a reduced amount of organic substance,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 297, no. 1-2, pp. 81–86, 2000.
- P. Duran, F. Capel, D. Gutierrez, J. Tartaj, and C. Moure, “A study of V-shaped PTC behaviour of ceramics,” Journal of the European Ceramic Society, vol. 22, no. 7, pp. 1171–1175, 2002.
- J. C. Ray, R. K. Pati, and P. Pramanik, “Chemical synthesis of nanocrystalline zirconia by a novel polymer matrix-based precursor solution method using triethanolamine,” Materials Letters, vol. 48, no. 2, pp. 74–80, 2001.
- S. Shionoya and W. M. Yen, Phosphor Handbook, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Fla, USA, 1998.
- G. Blasse and B. C. Grabmaier, Luminescent Materials, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1994.
- A. Pucci, M. Boccia, F. Galembeck, C. A. de Paula Leite, N. Tirelli, and G. Ruggeri, “Luminescent nanocomposites containing CdS nanoparticles dispersed into vinyl alcohol based polymers,” Reactive and Functional Polymers, vol. 68, no. 7, pp. 1144–1151, 2008.
- R. M. Silverstein, G. L. Bassler, and T. C. Morril, Spectrometric Identification of Organic Compounds, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1991.
- G. Yao, L. Su, X. Xu, and J. Xu, “Eu: nano-phosphor prepared by novel energy-saving solution combustion method,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 462, no. 1-2, pp. 381–385, 2008.
- K. Nakamoto, Infrared and Raman Spectra of Inorganic and Coordination Compounds, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 4th edition, 1986.