- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in OptoElectronics
Volume 2009 (2009), Article ID 924340, 9 pages
Transmission Performance Analysis of Fiber Optical Parametric Amplifiers for WDM System
State Key Laboratory of Advanced Optical Communication Systems and Networks, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai 200240, China
Received 12 January 2009; Accepted 2 March 2009
Academic Editor: Samir K. Mondal
Copyright © 2009 Xiaohong Jiang and Chun Jiang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Hansryd, P. A. Andrekson, M. Westlund, J. Li, and P.-O. Hedekvist, “Fiber-based optical parametric amplifiers and their applications,” IEEE Journal on Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 506–520, 2002.
- K. K. Y. Wong, K. Shimizu, M. E. Marhic, K. Uesaka, G. Kalogerakis, and L. G. Kazovsky, “Continuous-wave fiber optical parametric wavelength converter with +40-dB conversion efficiency and a 3.8-dB noise figure,” Optics Letters, vol. 28, no. 9, pp. 692–694, 2003.
- Y. Su, L. Wang, A. Agarwal, and P. Kumar, “Wavelength-tunable all-optical clock recovery using a fiber-optic parametric oscillator,” Optics Communications, vol. 184, no. 1, pp. 151–156, 2000.
- L. Wang, Y. Su, A. Agarwal, and P. Kumar, “Synchronously mode-locked fiber laser based on parametric gain modulation and soliton shaping,” Optics Communications, vol. 194, no. 4–6, pp. 313–317, 2001.
- R. H. Stolen and J. E. Bjorkholm, “Parametric amplification and frequency conversion in optical fibers,” IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics, vol. 18, no. 7, pp. 1062–1072, 1982.
- P. L. Voss and P. Kumar, “Raman-noise-induced noise-figure limit for parametric amplifiers,” Optics Letters, vol. 29, no. 5, pp. 445–447, 2004.
- P. L. Voss and P. Kumar, “Raman-effect induced noise limits on parametric amplifiers and wavelength converters,” Journal of Optics B, vol. 6, no. 8, pp. S762–S770, 2004.
- K. Inoue, T. Kominato, and H. Toba, “Tunable gain equalization using a Mach-Zehnder optical filter in multistage fiber amplifiers,” IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, vol. 3, no. 8, pp. 718–720, 1991.
- R. Tang, P. L. Voss, J. Lasri, P. Devgan, and P. Kumar, “Noise-figure limit of fiber-optical parametric amplifiers and wavelength converters: experimental investigation,” Optics Letters, vol. 29, no. 20, pp. 2372–2374, 2004.
- N. R. Newbury, “Raman gain: pump-wavelength dependence in single-mode fiber,” Optics Letters, vol. 27, no. 14, pp. 1232–1234, 2002.
- R. H. Stolen, J. P. Gordon, W. T. Tomlinson, and H. A. Haus, “Raman response function of silica-core fibers,” Journal of the Optical Society of America B, vol. 6, no. 6, pp. 1159–1166, 1989.
- D. Marcuse, “Calculation of bit-error probability for a lightwave system with optical amplifiers and post-detection Gaussian noise,” Journal of Lightwave Technology, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 505–513, 1991.
- O. K. Tonguz and F. A. Flood, “EDFA-based DWDM lightwave transmission systems with end-to-end power and SNR equalization,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 50, no. 8, pp. 1282–1292, 2002.