- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in OptoElectronics
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 619571, 5 pages
Zinc Selenide-Based Schottky Barrier Detectors for Ultraviolet-A and Ultraviolet-B Detection
1Department of Physics, Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, CA 93943, USA
2Department of Radiation Instruments, Institute of Scintillation Materials, 61001 Kharkov, Ukraine
3Theoretical Department, Institute of Single Crystals, 61001 Kharkov, Ukraine
Received 1 September 2010; Revised 30 October 2010; Accepted 1 November 2010
Academic Editor: Xian Cao
Copyright © 2010 V. Naval et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. Monroy, F. Omnès, and F. Calle, “Wide-bandgap semiconductor ultraviolet photodetectors,” Semiconductor Science and Technology, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. R33–R51, 2003.
- A. BenMoussa, A. Soltani, and A. Soltani, “Recent developments of wide-bandgap semiconductor based UV sensors,” Diamond and Related Materials, vol. 18, no. 5–8, pp. 860–864, 2009.
- S. N. Mohammed, A. A. Salvazdor, and H. Markoc, “Emerging GaN based devices,” Proceeding of IEEE, vol. 83, pp. 1306–1355, 1995.
- D. Walker, X. Zhang, A. Saxler, P. Kung, J. Xu, and M. Razeghi, “ ultraviolet photodetectors grown on sapphire by metal-organic chemical-vapor deposition,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 70, no. 8, pp. 949–951, 1997.
- A. Bouhdada, M. Hanzaz, P. Gibart, F. Omnès, E. Monroy, and E. Muñoz, “Modeling of the spectral response of schottky ultraviolet photodetectors,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 87, no. 12, pp. 8286–8290, 2000.
- M. Y. Chen and C. C. Chang, “Integrated a ZnSe MSM photodiode and an InGaP/GaAs hbt on a GaAs substrate for high sensitivity short wavelength photodetector,” IEEE Sensors Journal, vol. 9, no. 8, pp. 902–907, 2009.
- L. A. Kosyachenko, V. M. Sklyarchuk, and Y. F. Sklyarchuk, “Electrical and photoelectric properties of Au-SiC schottky barrier diodes,” Solid-State Electronics, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 145–151, 1998.
- L. S. Yu, D. J. Qiao, Q. J. Xing, S. S. Lau, K. S. Boutros, and J. M. Redwing, “Ni and Ti Schottky barriers on n-AlGaN grown on SiC substrates,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 73, no. 2, pp. 238–240, 1998.
- E. Monroy, F. Calle, and F. Calle, “Analysis and modeling of -based Schottky barrier photodiodes,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 88, no. 4, pp. 2081–2091, 2000.
- V. P. Makhnii and V. V. Melnik, “Photoelectric properties of Ni-ZnSe contacts,” Semiconductors, vol. 29, pp. 764–766, 1995.
- A. Gerhard, J. Nürnberger, K. Schüll, V. Hock, C. Schumacher, M. Ehinger, and W. Faschinger, “ZnSe-based MBE-grown photodiodes,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 184-185, pp. 1319–1323, 1998.
- V. P. Makhnii, “Schottky barrier UV photodetectors based on zinc selenide,” Technical Physics, vol. 43, no. 9, pp. 1119–1120, 1998.
- F. Vigué, P. de Mierry, J. P. Faurie, E. Monroy, F. Calle, and E. Muñoz, “High detectivity ZnSe-based Schottky barrier photodetectors for blue and near-ultraviolet spectral range,” Electronics Letters, vol. 36, no. 9, pp. 826–827, 2000.
- E. Monroy, F. Vigué, F. Calle, J. I. Izpura, E. Muñoz, and J. P. Faurie, “Time response analysis of ZnSe-based Schottky barrier photodetectors,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 77, no. 17, pp. 2761–2763, 2000.
- A. Bouhdada, M. Hanzaz, F. Vigué, and J. P. Faurie, “Electrical and optical proprieties of photodiodes based on ZnSe material,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 83, no. 1, pp. 171–173, 2003.
- S. J. Chang, T. K. Lin, and T. K. Lin, “Homoepitaxial ZnSe MSM photodetectors with various transparent electrodes,” Materials Science and Engineering B: Solid-State Materials for Advanced Technology, vol. 127, no. 2-3, pp. 164–168, 2006.
- M. Hanzaz, A. Bouhdada, F. Vigue, and J. P. Faurie, “ZnSe-and GaN-based schottky barrier photodetectors for blue and ultraviolet detection,” Journal of Active and Passive Electronic Devices, vol. 2, pp. 165–169, 2007.
- T. K. Lin, S. J. Chang, and S. J. Chang, “Homoepitaxial ZnSe MIS photodetectors with SiO2 and BST insulator layers,” Solid-State Electronics, vol. 50, no. 5, pp. 750–753, 2006.
- V. P. Makhnii and V. V. Melnik, “Surface barrier diode based on zinc selenide with a passivating zinc oxide film,” Technical Physics Letters, vol. 29, no. 9, pp. 712–713, 2003.
- V. Bousquet, E. Tournié, and J. P. Faurie, “Defect density in ZnSe pseudomorphic layers grown by molecular beam epitaxy on to various GaAs buffer layers,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 192, no. 1-2, pp. 102–108, 1998.
- V. S. Fomenko, Handbook of Thermionic Properties, Plenum, New York, NY, USA, 1996.
- M. Vos, F. Xu, J. H. Weaver, and H. Cheng, “Influence of metal interlayers on Schottky barrier formation for Au/ZnSe (100) and Al/ZnSe (100),” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 53, no. 16, pp. 1530–1532, 1988.