- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in OptoElectronics
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 106276, 10 pages
Investigation of Annealing and Blend Concentration Effects of Organic Solar Cells Composed of Small Organic Dye and Fullerene Derivative
1Department of Frontier Materials, Nagoya Institute of Technology, Gokiso-cho, Showa-ku, Nagoya 466-8555, Japan
2Research Center for Nano-Device and System, Nagoya Institute of Technology, Gokiso-cho, Showa-ku, Nagoya 466-8555, Japan
Received 17 March 2011; Accepted 7 May 2011
Academic Editor: Surya Prakash Singh
Copyright © 2011 Yasser A. M. Ismail et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Y. Chen, J. Hou, S. Zhang et al., “Polymer solar cells with enhanced open-circuit voltage and efficiency,” Nature Photonics, vol. 3, no. 11, pp. 649–653, 2009.
- N. S. Sariciftci, L. Smilowitz, A. J. Heeger, and F. Wudl, “Photoinduced electron transfer from a conducting polymer to buckminsterfullerene,” Science, vol. 258, no. 5087, pp. 1474–1476, 1992.
- S. H. Park, A. Roy, S. Beaupré et al., “Bulk heterojunction solar cells with internal quantum efficiency approaching 100%,” Nature Photonics, vol. 3, no. 5, pp. 297–303, 2009.
- X. Jiang Jr., W. F. Burgoyne, and L. M. Robeson, “Sequestration of electroactive materials in a high , insulating polymer matrix for optoelectronic applications—part 2. Photovoltaic devices,” Polymer, vol. 47, no. 11, pp. 4124–4131, 2006.
- Y. A. M. Ismail, T. Soga, and T. Jimbo, “The contribution of coumarin 6 in light harvesting and photocurrent of P3HT:PCBM bulk heterojunction solar cell,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 94, no. 8, pp. 1406–1411, 2010.
- K. Hara, T. Sato, R. Katoh et al., “Molecular design of coumarin dyes for efficient dye-sensitized solar cells,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 107, no. 2, pp. 597–606, 2003.
- K. Hara, M. Kurashige, Y. Dan-Oh et al., “Design of new coumarin dyes having thiophene moieties for highly efficient organic-dye-sensitized solar cells,” New Journal of Chemistry, vol. 27, no. 5, pp. 783–785, 2003.
- A. Montali, A. R. A. Palmans, J. Bras et al., “Depolarizing energy transfer in photoluminescent polymer blends,” Synthetic Metals, vol. 115, no. 1, pp. 41–45, 2000.
- Y. Takahashi, A. Maeda, K. Kojima, and K. Uchida, “Luminescence of dyes doped in a sol-gel coating film,” Journal of Luminescence, vol. 87, pp. 767–769, 2000.
- A. F. Mansour, H. M. A. Killa, S. Abd El-Wanees, and M. Y. El-Sayed, “Laser dyes doped with poly(ST-Co-MMA) as fluorescent solar collectors and their field performance,” Polymer Testing, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 519–525, 2005.
- A. F. Mansour, “Photostability and optical parameters of copolymer styrene/MMA as a matrix for the dyes used in fluorescent solar collectors,” Polymer Testing, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 247–252, 2004.
- V. Kandavelu, H. S. Huang, J. L. Jian, T. C. K. Yang, K. L. Wang, and S. T. Huang, “Novel iminocoumarin dyes as photosensitizers for dye-sensitized solar cell,” Solar Energy, vol. 83, no. 4, pp. 574–581, 2009.
- M. J. Brites, C. Santos, S. Nascimento, B. Gigante, and M. Berberan-Santos, “Synthesis of fullerene-coumarin polyads,” Tetrahedron Letters, vol. 45, no. 37, pp. 6927–6930, 2004.
- R. M. Meixner, H. Göbel, F. A. Yildirim, W. Bauhofer, and W. Krautschneider, “Wavelength-selective organic field-effect phototransistors based on dye-doped poly-3-hexylthiophene,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 89, no. 9, Article ID 092110, 2006.
- C. C. Wu, J. C. Sturm, M. E. Thompson, R. A. Register, E. P. Dana, and J. Tian, “Efficient organic electroluminescent devices using single layer doped polymer thin films with bipolar carrier transport abilities,” IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, vol. 44, no. 8, pp. 1269–1281, 1997.
- T. Yamanari, T. Taima, J. Sakai, and K. Saito, “Origin of the open-circuit voltage of organic thin-film solar cells based on conjugated polymers,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 93, no. 6-7, pp. 759–761, 2009.
- M. T. Lloyd, A. C. Mayer, S. Subramanian et al., “Efficient solution-processed photovoltaic cells based on an anthradithiophene/fullerene blend,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 129, no. 29, pp. 9144–9149, 2007.
- A. B. Tamayo, X. D. Dang, B. Walker, J. Seo, T. Kent, and T. Q. Nguyen, “A low band gap, solution processable oligothiophene with a dialkylated diketopyrrolopyrrole chromophore for use in bulk heterojunction solar cells,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 94, no. 10, pp. 103301–103303, 2009.
- J. Sakai, T. Taima, T. Yamanari, and K. Saito, “Annealing effect in the sexithiophene: C70 small molecule bulk heterojunction organic photovoltaic cells,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 93, no. 6-7, pp. 1149–1153, 2009.
- Y. Zhao, Z. Xie, Y. Qu, Y. Geng, and L. Wang, “Effects of thermal annealing on polymer photovoltaic cells with buffer layers and in situ formation of interfacial layer for enhancing power conversion efficiency,” Synthetic Metals, vol. 158, no. 21-24, pp. 908–911, 2008.
- G. Li, V. Shrotriya, Y. Yao, and Y. Yang, “Investigation of annealing effects and film thickness dependence of polymer solar cells based on poly(3-hexylthiophene),” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 98, no. 4, pp. 043704–043708, 2005.
- P. Vanlaeke, A. Swinnen, I. Haeldermans et al., “P3HT/PCBM bulk heterojunction solar cells: relation between morphology and electro-optical characteristics,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 90, no. 14, pp. 2150–2158, 2006.
- H. Kim, W. W. So, and S. J. Moon, “Effect of thermal annealing on the performance of P3HT/PCBM polymer photovoltaic cells,” Journal of the Korean Physical Society, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 441–445, 2006.
- Y. A. M. Ismail, T. Soga, and T. Jimbo, “Photovoltaic properties of bulk heterojunction organic solar cell composed of coumarin 6 dye as light harvester and donor material,” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 49, no. 5, Article ID 052301, pp. 1–7, 2010.
- W. J. Yoon, K. Y. Jung, J. Liu et al., “Plasmon-enhanced optical absorption and photocurrent in organic bulk heterojunction photovoltaic devices using self-assembled layer of silver nanoparticles,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 94, no. 2, pp. 128–132, 2010.
- Y. M. Chang, W. Su, and L. Wang, “Influence of photo-induced degradation on the optoelectronic properties of regioregular poly(3-hexylthiophene),” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 92, no. 7, pp. 761–765, 2008.
- S. Kazim, M. Zulfequar, M. M. Haq, P. K. Bhatnagar, and M. Husain, “Electrical and optical properties of thin films based on poly [2-methoxy-5 (2'-ethyl hexyloxy)-1,4-phenylene vinylene] doped with acridine orange dye with possible photovoltaic applications,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 91, no. 15-16, pp. 1462–1466, 2007.
- J. J. Dittmer, R. Lazzaroni, P. Leclère et al., “Crystal network formation in organic solar cells,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 61, no. 1, pp. 53–61, 2000.
- X. M. Jiang, R. Osterbacka, O. J. Korovyanko et al., “Spectroscopic studies of photoexcitations in regioregular and regiorandom polythiophene films,” Advanced Functional Materials, vol. 12, no. 9, pp. 587–597, 2002.
- H. Hoppe, M. Niggemann, C. Winder et al., “Nanoscale morphology of conjugated polymer/fullerene based bulk-heterojunction solar cells,” Advanced Functional Materials, vol. 14, no. 10, pp. 1005–1011, 2004.
- C. D. Dimitrakopoulos and D. J. Mascaro, “Organic thin-film transistors: a review of recent advances,” IBM Journal of Research and Development, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 11–27, 2001.
- H. Hoppe and N. S. Sariciftci, “Organic solar cells: an overview,” Journal of Materials Research, vol. 19, no. 7, pp. 1924–1945, 2004.