- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in OptoElectronics
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 145012, 8 pages
Midinfrared InAsSbN/InAs Multiquantum Well Light-Emitting Diodes
Department of Physics, Lancaster University, Lancaster LA1 4YB, UK
Received 23 April 2011; Revised 10 June 2011; Accepted 5 July 2011
Academic Editor: Yuh-Jen Cheng
Copyright © 2011 P. J. Carrington et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. J. Carrington, V. A. Solov'ev, Q. Zhuang, A. Krier, and S. V. Ivanov, “Room temperature midinfrared electroluminescence from InSb/InAs quantum dot light emitting diodes,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 93, no. 9, Article ID 091101, 2008.
- N. B. Cook and A. Krier, “Midinfrared electroluminescence from pentanary-quaternary heterojunction light-emitting diodes,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 95, no. 2, Article ID 021110, 2009.
- B. I. Mirza, G. R. Nash, S. J. Smith et al., “Recombination processes in midinfrared light-emitting diodes,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 104, no. 6, Article ID 063113, 2008.
- S. Suchalkin, S. Jung, G. Kipshidze et al., “GaSb based light emitting diodes with strained InGaAsSb type i quantum well active regions,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 93, no. 8, Article ID 081107, 2008.
- E. J. Koerperick, J. T. Olesberg, T. F. Boggess et al., “InAs/GaSb cascaded active region superlattice light emitting diodes for operation at 3.8 μm,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 92, no. 12, Article ID 121106, 2008.
- P. J. Carrington, Q. Zhuang, M. Yin, and A. Krier, “Temperature dependence of mid-infrared electroluminescence in type II InAsSb/InAs multi-quantum well light-emitting diodes,” Semiconductor Science and Technology, vol. 24, no. 7, Article ID 075001, 2009.
- B. N. Murdin, M. Kamal-Saadi, A. Lindsay et al., “Auger recombination in long-wavelength infrared alloys,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 78, no. 11, pp. 1568–1570, 2001.
- Q. Zhuang, A. Godenir, A. Krier, G. Tsai, and H. H. Lin, “Molecular beam epitaxial growth of InAsN:Sb for midinfrared Optoelectronics,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 93, no. 12, Article ID 121903, 2008.
- M. de La Mare, P. J. Carrington, R. Wheatley et al., “Photoluminescence of multi-quantum wells in the mid-infrared spectral range,” Journal of Physics D, vol. 43, no. 34, Article ID 345103, 2010.
- W. Y. Uen, S. M. Liao, C. T. Lin, and C. H. Wu, “Low-temperature electrical characterizations of photodiodes fabricated by liquid-phase epitaxy,” Solid-State Electronics, vol. 46, no. 9, pp. 1405–1409, 2002.
- K. J. Cheetham, P. J. Carrington, N. B. Cook, and A. Krier, “Low bandgap GaInAsSbP pentanary thermophotovoltaic diodes,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 95, no. 2, pp. 534–537, 2011.
- N. V. Zotova, N. D. Il'inskaya, S. A. Karandashev, B. A. Matveev, M. A. Remennyi, and N. M. Stus', “Flip-chip LEDs with deep mesa emitting at 4.2 μm,” Semiconductors, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 697–703, 2006.
- J. Hoffmann, T. Lehnert, D. Hoffmann, and H. Fouckhardt, “Advantages and disadvantages of sulfur passivation of InAs/GaSb superlattice waveguide photodiodes,” Semiconductor Science and Technology, vol. 24, no. 6, article 065008, 2009.
- Y. P. Varshni, “Temperature dependence of the energy gap in semiconductors,” Physica, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 149–154, 1967.
- Z. M. Fang, K. Y. Ma, D. H. Jaw, R. M. Cohen, and G. B. Stringfellow, “Photoluminescence of InSb, InAs, and InAsSb grown by organometallic vapor phase epitaxy,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 67, no. 11, pp. 7034–7039, 1990.
- A. M. R Godenir, Novel dilute nitride semiconductor materials for mid infrared applications, Ph.D. thesis, Lancaster University, Lancaster, UK, 2008.
- F. I. Lai, S. Y. Kuo, J. S. Wang et al., “Temperature-dependent optical properties of single quantum well with high nitrogen content for 1.55 m application grown by molecular beam epitaxy,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 291, no. 1, pp. 27–33, 2006.
- G. R. Nash, M. K. Haigh, H. R. Hardaway et al., “InSbAlInSb quantum-well light-emitting diodes,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 88, no. 5, Article ID 051107, pp. 1–3, 2006.
- S. J. Sweeney, A. F. Phillips, A. R. Adams, E. P. O'Reilly, and P. J. A. Thijs, “The effect of temperature dependent processes on the performance of 1.5-μm compressively strained InGaAs(P) MQW semiconductor diode lasers,” IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, vol. 10, no. 8, pp. 1076–1078, 1998.