- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in OptoElectronics
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 482741, 6 pages
Assembly of Carbon Nanotubes between Electrodes by Utilizing Optically Induced Dielectrophoresis and Dielectrophoresis
1Department of Engineering Science, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan 701, Taiwan
2Department of Power Mechanical Engineering, National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu 30013, Taiwan
Received 1 May 2011; Revised 30 June 2011; Accepted 6 July 2011
Academic Editor: Aaron T. Ohta
Copyright © 2011 Pei-Fang Wu and Gwo-Bin Lee. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Iijima, “Helical microtubules of graphitic carbon,” Nature, vol. 354, no. 6348, pp. 56–58, 1991.
- D. Tasis, N. Tagmatarchis, A. Bianco, and M. Prato, “Chemistry of carbon nanotubes,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 106, no. 3, pp. 1105–1136, 2006.
- A. Jorio, M. S. Dresselhaus, and G. Dresselhaus, Carbon Nanotubes, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2008.
- J. Suehiro, G. Zhou, and M. Hara, “Fabrication of a carbon nanotube-based gas sensor using dielectrophoresis and its application for ammonia detection by impedance spectroscopy,” Journal of Physics D, vol. 36, no. 21, pp. L109–L114, 2003.
- M. Trojanowicz, “Analytical applications of carbon nanotubes: a review,” Trends in Analytical Chemistry, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 480–489, 2006.
- B. Q. Wei, R. Vajtai, Y. Jung, et al., “Organized assembly of carbon nanotubes,” Nature, vol. 416, no. 6880, pp. 495–496, 2002.
- J. Hu, M. Ouyang, P. Yang, and C. M. Lieber, “Fabricating carbon nanotube transistor device,” Nature, vol. 399, pp. 48–51, 1999.
- J. E. Fischer, W. Zhou, J. Vavro, et al., “Magnetically aligned single wall carbon nanotube films: preferred orientation and anisotropic transport properties,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 93, no. 4, pp. 2157–2163, 2003.
- Y. Huang, X. Duan, Q. Q. Wei, and C. M. Lieber, “Directed assembly of one-dimensional nanostructures into functional networks,” Science, vol. 291, no. 5504, pp. 630–633, 2001.
- S. G. Rao, L. Huang, W. Setyawan, and S. Hong, “Large-scale assembly of carbon nanotubes,” Nature, vol. 425, no. 6953, pp. 36–37, 2003.
- D. G. Grier, “A revolution in optical manipulation,” Nature, vol. 424, no. 6950, pp. 810–816, 2003.
- Z. Liu, Z. Shen, T. Zhu, et al., “Organizing single-walled carbon nanotubes on gold using a wet chemical self-assembling technique,” Langmuir, vol. 16, no. 8, pp. 3569–3573, 2000.
- S. Tan, H. A. Lopez, C. W. Cai, and Y. Zhang, “Optical trapping of single-walled carbon nanotubes,” Nano Letters, vol. 4, no. 8, pp. 1415–1419, 2004.
- H. W. Seo, C. S. Han, D. G. Choi, K. S. Kim, and Y. H. Lee, “Controlled assembly of single SWNTs bundle using dielectrophoresis,” Microelectronic Engineering, vol. 81, no. 1, pp. 83–89, 2005.
- S. Tung, H. Rokadia, and W. J. Li, “A micro shear stress sensor based on laterally aligned carbon nanotubes,” Sensors and Actuators A, vol. 133, no. 2, pp. 431–438, 2007.
- A. Vijayaraghavan, S. Blatt, D. Weissenberger, et al., “Ultra-large-scale directed assembly of single-walled carbon nanotube devices,” Nano Letters, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 1556–1560, 2007.
- P. Y. Chiou, A. T. Ohta, and M. C. Wu, “Massively parallel manipulation of single cells and microparticles using optical images,” Nature, vol. 436, no. 7049, pp. 370–372, 2005.
- A. Jamshidi, P. J. Pauzauskie, P. J. Schuck, et al., “Dynamic manipulation and separation of individual semiconducting and metallic nanowires,” Nature Photonics, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 86–89, 2008.
- P. J. Pauzauskie, A. Jamshidi, J. K. Valley, J. H. Satcher, and M. C. Wu, “Parallel trapping of multiwalled carbon nanotubes with optoelectronic tweezers,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 95, no. 11, Article ID 113104, 3 pages, 2009.
- M. W. Lee, Y. H. Lin, and G. B. Lee, “Manipulation and patterning of carbon nanotubes utilizing optically induced dielectrophoretic forces,” Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 609–617, 2010.
- T. B. Jones, Electromechanics of Particles, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1995.
- D. J. Beebe, J. S. Moore, J. M. Bauer, et al., “Functional hydrogel structures for autonomous flow control inside microfluidic channels,” Nature, vol. 404, no. 6778, pp. 588–590, 2000.
- M. Law, L. E. Greene, J. C. Johnson, R. Saykally, and P. Yang, “Nanowire dye-sensitized solar cells,” Nature Materials, vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 455–459, 2005.