- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in OptoElectronics
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 627802, 15 pages
Reconfigurable Integrated Optoelectronics
Sensors Directorate, Air Force Research Laboratory, Hanscom AFB, MA 0731, USA
Received 26 November 2010; Accepted 2 March 2011
Academic Editor: Lucimara Roman
Copyright © 2011 Richard Soref. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Hosseini, D. Kwong, Y. Zhang et al., “On the fabrication of three-dimensional silicon-on-insulator based optical phased array for agile and large angle laser beam steering systems,” Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology B, vol. 28, no. 6, pp. C6O1–C6O7, 2010.
- M. Qi, “Design and fabrication of high-Q hollow cavities in few-layer 3D photonic crystals,” AFOSR semiconductor nano-membrane MURI review, Austin, Tex, September 2010.
- R. Soref, “Toward silicon-based longwave integrated optoelectronics (LIO),” in Silicon Photonics III, vol. 6898 of Proceedings of SPIE, January 2008.
- E. J. Norberg, R. S. Guzzon, J. S. Parker, and L. A. Coldren, “Programmable photonic filters from monolithically cascaded filter stages,” in Proceedings of the Optical Society of America, Conference on Integrated Photonics Research, Monterey, Calif, USA, July 2010, paper ITuC3.
- S. Ibrahim, L. W. Luo, S. S. Djordjevic, et al., “Fully reconfigurable silicon photonic lattice filters with four cascaded unit cells,” in Proceedings of the Optical Fiber Communications Conference, OSA/OFC/NFOEC, San Diego, Calif, USA, March 2010, paper OWJ5.
- R. S. Guzzon, E. J. Norber, J. S. Parker, and L. A. Coldren, “Highly programmable optical filters integrated on InP-InGaAsP with tunable inter-ring coupling,” in Proceedings of the Optical Society of America, Conference on Integrated Photonics Research, Monterey, Calif, USA, July 2010, paper ITuC4.
- K. Bergman, http://lightwave.ee.columbia.edu/?s=research&p=large-scale_fabrics.
- S. Namiki, “Optical routing networks,” in MIT Microphotonics Center Fall Meeting, Cambridge, Mass, USA, October 2010.
- M. R. Watts, “Scaling data transport with integration,” in MIT Microphotonics Center Fall Meeting, Cambridge, Mass, USA, October 2010.
- M. R. Watts, “Adiabatic microring resonators,” Optics Letters, vol. 35, no. 19, pp. 3231–3233, 2010.
- S. Fathpour and N. A. Riza, “Silicon-photonics-based wideband radar beamforming: basic design,” Optical Engineering, vol. 49, no. 1, Article ID 018201, 2010.
- R. A. Soref, S.-Y. Cho, W. Buchwald, R. E. Peale, and J. Cleary, “Silicon Plasmonic Waveguides,” in Silicon Photonics for Telecommunications and Biomedical Applications, B. Jalali and S. Fathpour, Eds., Taylor and Francis, London, UK, 2010.
- R. W. Boyd, Nonlinear Optics, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 3rd edition, 2008.
- L. Liu, R. Kumar, K. Huybrechts et al., “An ultra-small, low-power, all-optical flip-flop memory on a silicon chip,” Nature Photonics, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 182–187, 2010.
- J. Hofrichter, F. Horst, N. Chrysos, et al., “Digital all-optical signal processing using microdisc lasers,” in Proceedings of the Optical Society of America, Conference on Integrated Photonics Research, Monterey, Calif, USA, July 2010, paper PTuA3.
- P. Alipour, A. A. Eftekhar, A. H. Atabaki, et al., “Compact fully reconfigurable multi-stage RF photonic filters using high-Q silicon microdisk resonators,” in Proceedings of IEEE Photonics Society 7th Intl Conf on Group IV Photonics, Beijing, China, September 2010, paper FC6.
- L. A. Coldren, “High performance photonic integrated circuits (PICs),” in Proceedings of the Optical Fiber Communications Conference, OSA/OFC/NFOEC, San Diego, Calif, USA, March 2010, tutorial OWD1.
- A. Biberman, B. G. Lee, N. Sherwood-Droz, M. Lipson, and K. Bergman, “Broadband operation of nanophotonic router for silicon photonic networks-on-chip,” IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, vol. 22, no. 12, pp. 926–928, 2010.
- K. Bergman, http://lightwave.ee.columbia.edu/?s=research&p=multi-processor_interconnection_networks.
- A. Bianco, D. Cuda, R. Gaudino, G. Gavilanes, F. Neri, and M. Petracca, “Scalability of optical interconnects based on microring resonators,” IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, vol. 22, no. 15, Article ID 5464349, pp. 1081–1083, 2010.
- S. Namiki, T. Hasama, and H. Ishikawa, “Energy bottlenecks in future networks and optical signal processing,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Photonics in Switching, Pisa, Italy, Septemebr 2009, paper WeII1-1.
- M. Florjańczyk, P. Cheben, S. Janz et al., “Slab waveguide spatial heterodyne spectrometers for remote sensing from space,” in Optical Sensors, vol. 7356 of Proceedings of SPIE, April 2009.
- K. Okamoto, “Fourier-transform integrated-optic spatial heterodyne spectrometers based on planar lightwave circuits,” in Photonics in Switching, 2010, paper PWD3.
- S. Dolev, “3rd International Workshop on Optical SuperComputing in Bertinoro,” http://www.cs.bgu.ac.il/~dolev/OSC10/.
- J. Hardy and J. Shamir, “Optics inspired logic architecture,” Optics Express, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 150–165, 2007.
- L. Zhang, R. Ji, L. Yang, et al., “Simulation and demonstration of directed XOR logic gate using two cascaded microring resonators,” in Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Group IV, Beijing, China, September 2010.
- Q. Xu and R. Soref, “Reconfigurable optical directed-logic circuits using microresonator-based optical switches,” Optics Express, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 5244–5259, 2011.
- A. Peruzzo, M. Lobino, J. C. F. Matthews et al., “Quantum walks of correlated photons,” Science, vol. 329, no. 5998, pp. 1500–1503, 2010.
- N. A. Riza and N. Madamopoulos, “Phased-array antenna, maximum-compression, reversible photonic beam former with ternary designs and multiple wavelengths,” Applied Optics, vol. 36, no. 5, pp. 983–996, 1997.