- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in OptoElectronics
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 824927, 6 pages
-Quantum-Dot Sensitized Metal Oxide Photoelectrodes: Photoelectrochemistry and Photoinduced Absorption Spectroscopy
1CRC, Department of Optometry, College of Applied Medical Sciences, King Saud University, P.O. Box 10219, Riyadh 11433, Saudi Arabia
2Department of Physical Chemistry, Uppsala University, P.O. Box 259, 75105 Uppsala, Sweden
Received 15 June 2011; Accepted 5 September 2011
Academic Editor: Surya Prakash Singh
Copyright © 2011 Idriss Bedja and Anders Hagfeldt. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. O'Regan and M. Grätzel, “A low-cost, high-efficiency solar cell based on dye-sensitized colloidal TiO2 films,” Nature, vol. 353, no. 6346, pp. 737–740, 1991.
- I. Bedja, S. Hotchandani, and P. V. Kamat, “Preparation and photoelectrochemical characterization of thin SnO2 nanocrystalline semiconductor films and their sensitization with bis(2,2′-bipyridine)(2,2′-bipyridine-4,4′-dicarboxylic acid)ruthenium(II) complex,” Journal of Physical Chemistry, vol. 98, no. 15, pp. 4133–4140, 1994.
- I. Bedja, S. Hotchandani, and P. V. Kamat, “Fluorescence and photoelectrochemical behavior of chlorophyll a adsorbed on a nanocrystalline SnO2 film,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 80, pp. 2180–2187, 1996.
- T. A. Heimer, E. J. Heilweil, C. A. Bignozzi, and G. J. Meyer, “Electron injection, recombination, and halide oxidation dynamics at dye-sensitized metal oxide interfaces,” Journal of Physical Chemistry A, vol. 104, no. 18, pp. 4256–4262, 2000.
- D. Liu and P. V. Kamat, “Electrochemically active nanocrystalline SnO2 films: surface modification with thiazine and oxazine dye aggregates,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 142, no. 3, pp. 835–839, 1995.
- R. Vogel, P. Hoyer, and H. Weller, “Quantum-sized PbS, CdS, Ag2S, Sb2S3, and Bi2S3 particles as sensitizers for various nanoporous wide-bandgap semiconductors,” Journal of Physical Chemistry, vol. 98, no. 12, pp. 3183–3188, 1994.
- J. Rabani, “Sandwich colloids of ZnO and ZnS in aqueous solutions,” Journal of Physical Chemistry, vol. 93, no. 22, pp. 7707–7713, 1989.
- I. Bedja, S. Holchandani, and P. V. Kamat, “Photosensitization of composite metal oxide semiconductor films,” Berichte der BunsenGesellschaft/Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, vol. 101, no. 11, pp. 1651–1653, 1997.
- L. Spanhel and M. J. Anderson, “Semiconductor clusters in the sol-gel process: quantized aggregation, gelation, and crystal growth in concentrated ZnO colloids,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 113, no. 8, pp. 2826–2833, 1991.
- G. Boschloo and A. Hagfeldt, “Photoinduced absorption spectroscopy of dye-sensitized nanostructured TiO2,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 370, no. 3-4, pp. 381–386, 2003.
- H. Tributsch, Structure and Bonding, vol. 49, p. 128, 1982.
- H. Tributsch, in Modern Aspects of Electrochemistry, J. O. Bockris, Ed., vol. 14, chapter 4, Pergamon, Oxford, UK, 1986.
- E. Bucher, “Solar cell materials and their basic parameters,” Applied Physics, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 1–26, 1978.
- A. Ennaoui, S. Fiechter, C. Pettenkofer et al., “Iron disulfide for solar energy conversion,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 289–370, 1993.
- Y. C. Shen, H. Deng, J. Fang, and Z. Lu, “Co-sensitization of microporous TiO2 electrodes with dye molecules and quantum-sized semiconductor particles,” Colloids and Surfaces A, vol. 175, no. 1-2, pp. 135–140, 2000.
- G. Chatzitheodorou, S. Fiechter, M. Kunst, J. Luck, and H. Tributsch, “Low temperature chemical preparation of semiconducting transition metal chalcogenide films for energy conversion and storage, lubrication and surface protection,” Materials Research Bulletin, vol. 23, no. 9, pp. 1261–1271, 1988.
- C. Bauer, G. Boschloo, E. Mukhtar, and A. Hagfeldt, “Electron injection and recombination in Ru(dcbpy)2(NCS)2 sensitized nanostructured Zno,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 105, no. 24, pp. 5585–5588, 2001.
- G. Boschloo and A. Hagfeldt, “Photoinduced absorption spectroscopy as a tool in the study of dye-sensitized solar cells,” Inorganica Chimica Acta, vol. 361, no. 3, pp. 729–734, 2008.
- N. Sakai, Y. Ebina, K. Takada, and T. Sasaki, “Electronic band structure of titania semiconductor nanosheets revealed by electrochemical and photoelectrochemical studies,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 126, no. 18, pp. 5851–5858, 2004.
- G. W. Luther, “Pyrite synthesis via polysulfide compounds,” Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, vol. 55, no. 10, pp. 2839–2849, 1991.
- P. Qin, X. Yang, R. Chen et al., “Influence of π-conjugation units in organic dyes for dye-sensitized solar cells,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 111, no. 4, pp. 1853–1860, 2007.
- S. A. Haque, Y. Tachibana, D. R. Klug, and J. R. Durrant, “Charge recombination kinetics in dye-sensitized nanocrystalline titanium dioxide films under externally applied bias,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 102, no. 10, pp. 1745–1749, 1998.