- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in OptoElectronics
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 867271, 6 pages
A TM-Pass/TE-Stop Polarizer Based on a Surface Plasmon Resonance
Faculty of Engineering, Hosei University, 3-7-2 Kajino-cho, Koganei, Tokyo 184-8584, Japan
Received 15 June 2010; Accepted 16 July 2010
Academic Editor: Ana Vukovic
Copyright © 2011 Yuu Wakabayashi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Magnusson and D. Shin, “Diffractive optical components,” in Encyclopedia of Physical Science and Technology, vol. 4, pp. 421–440, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 3rd edition, 2002.
- V. M. Fitio and Y. V. Bobitski, “High transmission of system “dielectric grating thin metal film—dielectric grating”,” in Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Laser and Fiber-Optical Networks Modeling (LFNM '05), pp. 163–166, September 2005.
- J. Yamauchi, K. Sumida, and H. Nakano, “A TMpass/ TE-stop polarizer consisting of a metal film sandwiched with dielectric gratings,” in Proceedings of the 10th International Symposium on Contemporary Photonics Technology, vol. G-15, pp. 93–94, Tokyo, Japan, 2007.
- J. Yamauchi, T. Yamazaki, K. Sumida, and H. Nakano, “TM/TE wave splitters using surface plasmon polaritons,” in Integrated Photonics and Nanophotonics Research and Applications, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, July 2007.
- J. M. Steele, C. E. Moran, A. Lee, C. M. Aguirre, and N. J. Halas, “Metallodielectric gratings with subwavelength slots: optical properties,” Physical Review B, vol. 68, no. 20, Article ID 205103, 7 pages, 2003.
- T. Nikolajsen, K. Leosson, and S. I. Bozhevolnyi, “Surface plasmon polariton based modulators and switches operating at telecom wavelengths,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 85, no. 24, pp. 5833–5835, 2004.
- K.-Y. Jung, F. L. Teixeira, and R. M. Reano, “Au/ nanoring plasmon waveguides at optical communication band,” Journal of Lightwave Technology, vol. 25, no. 9, pp. 2757–2765, 2007.
- J.-W. Mu and W.-P. Huang, “A low-loss surface plasmonic Bragg grating,” Journal of Lightwave Technology, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 436–439, 2009.
- P. B. Johnson and R. W. Christy, “Optical constants of the noble metals,” Physical Review B, vol. 6, no. 12, pp. 4370–4379, 1972.
- A. Taflove and S. Hagness, Computational Electrodynamics: The Finite-Difference Time-Domain Method, Artech House, Norwood, Mass, USA, 2000.
- D. F. Kelley and R. I. Luebbers, “Piecewise linear recursive convolution for dispersive media using FDTD,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 44, no. 6, pp. 792–797, 1996.
- P. Berini, “Plasmon-polariton waves guided by thin lossy metal films of finite width: bound modes of symmetric structures,” Physical Review B, vol. 61, no. 15, pp. 10484–10503, 2000.
- E. Popov, S. Enoch, G. Tayeb, M. Nevière, B. Gralak, and N. Bonod, “Enhanced transmission due to nonplasmon resonances in one- and two-dimensional gratings,” Applied Optics, vol. 43, no. 5, pp. 999–1008, 2004.