- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in OptoElectronics
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 893086, 13 pages
Controlled On-Chip Single-Photon Transfer Using Photonic Crystal Coupled-Cavity Waveguides
1CREOL, The College of Optics and Photonics, University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL 32826, USA
2NanoScience Technology Center, University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL 32816, USA
3Department of Physics, University of Central Florida, P.O. Box 162385, Orlando, FL 32816, USA
Received 15 June 2010; Revised 21 September 2010; Accepted 1 November 2010
Academic Editor: Martin Cryan
Copyright © 2011 Hubert Pascal Seigneur et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. B. Blinov, D. L. Moehring, L. M. Duan, and C. Monroe, “Observation of entanglement between a single trapped atom and a single photon,” Nature, vol. 428, no. 6979, pp. 153–157, 2004.
- W. Yao, R. B. Liu, and L. J. Sham, “Theory of control of the spin-photon interface for quantum networks,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 95, no. 3, Article ID 030504, 4 pages, 2005.
- W. Yao, R. B. Liu, and L. J. Sham, “Theory of control of the dynamics of the interface between stationary and flying qubits,” Journal of Optics B, vol. 7, no. 10, pp. S318–S325, 2005.
- D. L. Moehring, M. J. Madsen, K. C. Younge et al., “Quantum networking with photons and trapped atoms (invited),” Journal of the Optical Society of America B, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 300–315, 2007.
- T. Wilk, S. C. Webster, A. Kuhn, and G. Rempe, “Single-atom single-photon quantum interface,” Science, vol. 317, no. 5837, pp. 488–490, 2007.
- M. N. Leuenberger, M. E. Flatté, and D. D. Awschalom, “Teleportation of electronic many-qubit states encoded in the electron spin of quantum dots via single photons,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 94, no. 10, Article ID 107401, 2005.
- A. A. Houck, D. I. Schuster, J. M. Gambetta et al., “Generating single microwave photons in a circuit,” Nature, vol. 449, no. 7160, pp. 328–331, 2007.
- J. Majer, J. M. Chow, J. M. Gambetta et al., “Coupling superconducting qubits via a cavity bus,” Nature, vol. 449, no. 7161, pp. 443–447, 2007.
- D. I. Schuster, A. A. Houck, J. A. Schreier et al., “Resolving photon number states in a superconducting circuit,” Nature, vol. 445, no. 7127, pp. 515–518, 2007.
- M. A. Sillanpää, J. I. Park, and R. W. Simmonds, “Coherent quantum state storage and transfer between two phase qubits via a resonant cavity,” Nature, vol. 449, no. 7161, pp. 438–442, 2007.
- D. England, A. Faraon, B. Zhang, Y. Yamamoto, and J. Vuckovic, “Generation and transfer of single photons on a photonic crystal chip,” Optics Express, vol. 15, no. 9, pp. 5550–5558, 2007.
- J. Q. Liao, Z. R. Gong, L. Zhou, YU. X. Liu, C. P. Sun, and F. Nori, “Controlling the transport of single photons by tuning the frequency of either one or two cavities in an array of coupled cavities,” Physical Review A, vol. 81, no. 4, Article ID 042304, 2010.
- P. Chak, J. E. Sipe, and S. Pereira, “Hamiltonian formulation for light propagation in waveguide-microresonator structures,” in Proceedings of the Postconference on Quantum electronics and Laser Science (QELS '03), Trends in Optics and Photonics Series, pp. QTuL6/1–QTuL6/3, June 2003.
- A. Adibi, R. K. Lee, Y. Xu, A. Yariv, and A. Scherer, “Design of photonic crystal optical waveguides with singlemode propagation in the photonic bandgap,” Electronics Letters, vol. 36, no. 16, pp. 1376–1378, 2000.
- M. Bayindir and E. Ozbay, “Heavy photons at coupled-cavity waveguide band edges in a three-dimensional photonic crystal,” Physical Review B, vol. 62, no. 4, pp. R2247–R2250, 2000.
- M. Bayindir, B. Temelkuran, and E. Ozbay, “Propagation of photons by hopping: a waveguiding mechanism through localized coupled cavities in three-dimensional photonic crystals,” Physical Review B, vol. 61, no. 18, pp. R11855–R11858, 2000.
- M. Bayindir, B. Temelkuran, and E. Ozbay, “Tight-binding description of the coupled defect modes in three-dimensional photonic crystals,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 84, no. 10, pp. 2140–2143, 2000.
- Y. Xu, R. K. Lee, and A. Yariv, “Propagation and second-harmonic generation of electromagnetic waves in a coupled-resonator optical waveguide,” Journal of the Optical Society of America B, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 387–400, 2000.
- S. Mookherjea, “Dispersion characteristics of coupled-resonator optical waveguides,” Optics Letters, vol. 30, no. 18, pp. 2406–2408, 2005.
- H. P. Seigneur, G. Gonzalez, M. N. Leuenberger, and W. V. Schoenfeld, “Dynamics of entanglement between a quantum dot spin qubit and a photon qubit inside a semiconductor high-Q nanocavity,” Advances in Mathematical Physics. In press.
- D. Press, K. De Greve, P. L. McMahon et al., “Ultrafast optical spin echo in a single quantum dot,” Nature Photonics, vol. 4, pp. 367–370, 2010.
- Y. Tanaka, J. Upham, T. Nagashima, T. Sugiya, T. Asano, and S. Noda, “Dynamic control of the Q factor in a photonic crystal nanocavity,” Nature Materials, vol. 6, no. 11, pp. 862–865, 2007.
- S. F. Preble, Q. Xu, and M. Lipson, “Changing the colour of light in a silicon resonator,” Nature Photonics, vol. 1, no. 5, pp. 293–296, 2007.
- PO. Dong, L. Chen, Q. Xu, and M. Lipson, “On-chip generation of high-intensity short optical pulses using dynamic microcavities,” Optics Letters, vol. 34, no. 15, pp. 2315–2317, 2009.
- T. Tanabe, M. Notomi, H. Taniyama, and E. Kuramochi, “Dynamic release of trapped light from an ultrahigh-Q nanocavity via adiabatic frequency tuning,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 102, no. 4, Article ID 043907, 2009.
- F. Y. Gardes, G. T. Reed, N. G. Emerson, and C. E. Png, “A sub-micron depletion-type photonic modulator in silicon on insulator,” Optics Express, vol. 13, no. 22, pp. 8845–8854, 2005.
- T. J. Karle, Y. J. Chai, C. N. Morgan, I. H. White, and T. F. Krauss, “Observation of pulse compression in photonic crystal coupled cavity waveguides,” Journal of Lightwave Technology, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 514–519, 2004.
- J. Hou, H. Wu, D. S. Citrin, W. Mo, D. Gao, and Z. Zhou, “Wideband slow light in chirped slot photoniccrystal coupled waveguides,” Optics Express, vol. 18, no. 10, pp. 10567–10580, 2010.
- D. O'Brien, M. D. Settle, T. Karle, A. Michaeli, M. Salib, and T. F. Krauss, “Coupled photonic crystal heterostructure nanocavities,” Optics Express, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 1228–1233, 2007.
- J. Jagerska, N. Le Thomas, V. Zabelin et al., “Experimental observation of slow mode dispersion in photonic crystal coupled-cavity waveguides,” Optics Letters, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 359–361, 2009.
- A. Faraon, E. Waks, D. Englund, I. Fushman, and J. Vuckovic, “Efficient photonic crystal cavity-waveguide couplers,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 90, no. 7, Article ID 073102, 2007.
- P. Yao and S. Hughes, “Controlled cavity QED and single-photon emission using a photonic-crystal waveguide cavity system,” Physical Review B, vol. 80, no. 16, Article ID 165128, 2009.
- Y. Huang and Y. W. Lu, “A defect effect to light transmission through acute bending coupled cavity waveguide in a two-dimensional photonic crystal,” Chinese Physics Letters, vol. 26, no. 4, Article ID 047805, 2009.
- E. Ozbay, M. Bayindir, I. Bulu, and E. Cubukcu, “Investigation of localized coupled-cavity modes in two-dimensional photonic bandgap structures,” IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics, vol. 38, no. 7, pp. 837–843, 2002.
- Y. Wang, T. Wang, and J. Liu, “Waveguide modes in coupled-resonator optical waveguides,” Physics Letters A, vol. 353, no. 1, pp. 101–104, 2006.