- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in OptoElectronics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 154847, 11 pages
Nonlinear Scattering by Anisotropic Dielectric Periodic Structures
School of Electronics, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Queen's University Belfast, Queen's Road, Queen's Island, Belfast BT3 9DT, UK
Received 28 June 2012; Accepted 24 July 2012
Academic Editor: Ivan D. Rukhlenko
Copyright © 2012 O. V. Shramkova and A. G. Schuchinsky. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Centini, C. Sibilia, M. Scalora et al., “Dispersive properties of finite, one-dimensional photonic band gap structures: applications to nonlinear quadratic interactions,” Physical Review E, vol. 60, no. 4, pp. 4891–4898, 1999.
- Y. Jeong and B. Lee, “Matrix analysis for layered quasi-phase-matched media monsidering multiple reflection and pump wave depletion,” IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 162–172, 1999.
- X. Luo and T. Ishihara, “Mode-coexistent phase match condition for second harmonic generation in photonic crystal slabs consisting of centrosymmetric materials,” Optics Communications, vol. 242, no. 1–3, pp. 147–154, 2004.
- T. V. Murzina, F. Y. Sychev, E. M. Kim et al., “One-dimensional photonic crystals based on porous n -type silicon,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 98, no. 12, Article ID 123702, pp. 1–4, 2005.
- M.-L. Ren and Z. Y. Li, “Exact iterative solution of second harmonic generation in quasi-phase-matched structures,” Optics Express, vol. 18, no. 7, pp. 7288–7299, 2010.
- J.-J. Li, Z. Y. Li, and D. Z. Zhang, “Second harmonic generation in one-dimensional nonlinear photonic crystals solved by the transfer matrix method,” Physical Review E, vol. 75, no. 5, Article ID 056606, 2007.
- J. Yuan, “Computing for second harmonic generation in one-dimensional nonlinear photonic crystals,” Optics Communications, vol. 282, no. 13, pp. 2628–2633, 2009.
- J. W. Haus, R. Viswanathan, M. Scalora, A. G. Kalocsai, J. D. Cole, and J. Theimer, “Enhanced second-harmonic generation in media with a weak periodicity,” Physical Review A, vol. 57, no. 3, pp. 2120–2128, 1998.
- Y. Dumeige, P. Vidakovic, S. Sauvage et al., “Enhancement of second-harmonic generation in a one-dimensional semiconductor photonic band gap,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 78, no. 20, pp. 3021–3023, 2001.
- G. D'Aguanno, M. Centini, M. Scalora et al., “Photonic band edge effects in finite structures and applications to X(2) interactions,” Physical Review E, vol. 64, no. 1, pp. 016609/1–016609/9, 2001.
- J. Li, Z. Li, Y. Sheng, and D. Zhang, “Giant enhancement of second harmonic generation in poled ferroelectric crystals,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 91, no. 2, Article ID 022903, pp. 1–3, 2007.
- Y. Dumeige, I. Sagnes, P. Monnier et al., “Phase-matched frequency doubling at photonic band edges: efficiency scaling as the fifth power of the length,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 89, no. 4, pp. 043901/1–043901/4, 2002.
- O. V. Shramkova and A. G. Schuchinsky, “Resonant three-wave interaction in the nonlinear anisotropic dielectric slabs,” in Proceedings of the 5th International Congress on Advanced Electromagnetic Materials in Microwaves and Optics (Metamaterials '11), pp. 757–759, Barcelona, Spain, October 2011.
- M. Born and E. Wolf, Principles of Optics, Pergamon Press, Oxford, UK, 1968.
- N. Blombergen, Nonlinear Optics: A Lecture Note, Benjamin, New York, NY, USA, 1965.
- J. M. Bendickson, J. P. Dowling, and M. Scalora, “Analytic expressions for the electromagnetic mode density infinite, one-dimensional, photonic band-gap structures,” Physical Review E, vol. 53, no. 4, pp. 4107–4121, 1996.
- Y. Jeong and B. Lee, “Matrix analysis for layered quasi-phase-matched media considering multiple reflection and pump wave depletion,” IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 162–172, 1999.
- J.-J. Li, Z. Y. Li, and D. Z. Zhang, “Second harmonic generation in one-dimensional nonlinear photonic crystals solved by the transfer matrix method,” Physical Review E, vol. 75, no. 5, Article ID 056606, pp. 1–7, 2007.
- P. Szczepanski, T. Osuch, and Z. Jaroszewicz, “Modeling of amplification and light generation in one-dimensional photonic crystal using a multiwavelength transfer matrix approach,” Applied Optics, vol. 48, no. 28, pp. 5401–5406, 2009.
- J.-J. Li, Z. Y. Li, and D. Z. Zhang, “Nonlinear frequency conversion in two-dimensional nonlinear photonic crystals solved by a plane-wave-based transfer-matrix method,” Physical Review B, vol. 77, no. 19, Article ID 195127, pp. 1–5, 2008.
- F. G. Bass and A. A. Bulgakov, Kinetic and Electrodynamic Phenomena in Classical and Quantum Semiconductor Superlattices, Nova Science, New York, NY, USA, 1997.
- A. Yariv and P. Yeh, Waves in Crystals: Propagation and Control of Laser Radiation, Wiley, New York, NY, USA, 1984.