- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in OptoElectronics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 439147, 9 pages
Field Enhancement in a Grounded Dielectric Slab by Using a Single Superstrate Layer
1Department of Radio Science and Engineering, School of Electrical Engineering, Aalto University, Otakaari 5A Street, 02150 Espoo, Finland
2Department of Informatics, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, 54124 Thessaloniki, Greece
Received 19 June 2012; Revised 22 September 2012; Accepted 24 September 2012
Academic Editor: Natalia M. Litchinitser
Copyright © 2012 Constantinos A. Valagiannopoulos and Nikolaos L. Tsitsas. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. J. Zheng, H. Liu, S. M. Wang et al., “Selective optical trapping based on strong plasmonic coupling between gold nanorods and slab,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 98, no. 8, Article ID 083117, 2011.
- A. A. R. Neves, A. Fontes, L. Y. De Pozzo et al., “Electromagnetic forces for an arbitrary optical trapping of a spherical dielectric,” Optics Express, vol. 14, no. 26, pp. 13101–13106, 2006.
- T. M. Grzegorczyk and J. A. Kong, “Analytical prediction of stable optical trapping in optical vortices created by three TE or TM plane waves,” Optics Express, vol. 15, no. 13, pp. 8010–8020, 2007.
- E. Verhagen, L. Kuipers, and A. Polman, “Field enhancement in metallic subwavelength aperture arrays probed by erbium upconversion luminescence,” Optics Express, vol. 17, no. 17, pp. 14586–14598, 2009.
- C. Vassallo, “Theory and practical calculation of antireflection coatings on semiconductor laser diode optical amplifiers,” IEE Proceedings, vol. 137, no. 4, pp. 193–202, 1990.
- C. A. Valagiannopoulos, “High selectivity and controllability of a parallel-plate component with a filled rectangular ridge,” Progress In Electromagnetics Research, vol. 119, pp. 497–511, 2011.
- J.-H. Choe, Q. H. Park, and H. Jeon, “Effect of metallic slab cladding on photonic crystal band structures,” Journal of the Korean Physical Society, vol. 53, no. 5, pp. 2591–2595, 2008.
- A. Alù, D. Rainwater, and A. Kerkhoff, “Plasmonic cloaking of cylinders: finite length, oblique illumination and cross-polarization coupling,” New Journal of Physics, vol. 12, Article ID 103028, 2010.
- C. A. Valagiannopoulos and N. L. Tsitsas, “Integral equation analysis of a low-profile receiving planar microstrip antenna with a cloaking superstrate,” Radio Science, vol. 47, Article ID RS2022, 2012.
- C. A. Valagiannopoulos, “Electromagnetic scattering of the field of a metamaterial slab antenna by an arbitrarily positioned cluster of metallic cylinders,” Progress in Electromagnetics Research, vol. 114, pp. 51–66, 2011.
- F. Yang, A. Aminian, and Y. Rahmat-Samii, “A novel surface-wave antenna design using a thin periodically loaded ground plane,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 240–245, 2005.
- G. D. Landry and T. A. Maldonado, “Gaussian beam transmission and reflection from a general anisotropic multilayer structure,” Applied Optics, vol. 35, no. 30, pp. 5870–5879, 1996.
- E. E. Kriezis, P. K. Pandelakis, and A. G. Papagiannakis, “Diffraction of a Gaussian beam from a periodic planar screen,” Journal of the Optical Society of America A, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 630–636, 1994.
- J. Yang, L.-W. Li, K. Yasumoto, and C. H. Liang, “Two-dimensional scattering of a gaussian beam by a periodic array of circular cylinders,” IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 280–285, 2005.
- P. H. Bolivar, M. Brucherseifer, J. G. Rivas et al., “Measurement of the dielectric constant and loss tangent of high dielectric-constant materials at terahertz frequencies,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 51, no. 4, pp. 1062–1066, 2003.
- A. Alù, A. Salandrino, and N. Engheta, “Negative effective permeability and left-handed materials at optical frequencies,” Optics Express, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 1557–1567, 2006.
- B. García-Cámara, F. Moreno, F. González, J. M. Saiz, and G. Videen, “Light scattering resonances in small particles with electric and magnetic propertie,” Journal of the Optical Society of America A, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 327–334, 2008.
- P.-Y. Chen, M. Farhat, and A. Alù, “Bistable and self-tunable negative-index metamaterial at optical frequencies,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 106, no. 10, Article ID 105503, 2011.
- M. Silveirinha and N. Engheta, “Tunneling of electromagnetic energy through subwavelength channels and bends using ε-near-zero materials,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 97, no. 15, Article ID 157403, 2006.
- A. Alù, M. G. Silveirinha, A. Salandrino, and N. Engheta, “Epsilon-near-zero metamaterials and electromagnetic sources: Tailoring the radiation phase pattern,” Physical Review B, vol. 75, no. 15, Article ID 155410, 2007.
- G. Lovat, P. Burghignoli, F. Capolino, D. R. Jackson, and D. R. Wilton, “Analysis of directive radiation from a line source in a metamaterial slab with low permittivity,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 54, no. 3, pp. 1017–1030, 2006.
- C. A. Valagiannopoulos, “Effect of cylindrical scatterer with arbitrary curvature on the features of a metamaterial slab antenna,” Progress in Electromagnetics Research, vol. 71, pp. 59–83, 2007.