- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in OptoElectronics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 495981, 6 pages
Numerical Simulation on Electrical-Thermal Properties of Gallium-Nitride-Based Light-Emitting Diodes Embedded in Board
1State Key Laboratory of Power Transmission Equipment and System Security and New Technology, Chongqing University, Chongqing 400044, China
2Physics Department, Chongqing Normal University, Chongqing 400047, China
Received 25 March 2012; Accepted 5 July 2012
Academic Editor: Xian Cao
Copyright © 2012 Xing-ming Long et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Piprek, Semiconductor Optoelectronic Device: Introduction to the Physics and Simulation, Academic Press, San Diego, Calif, USA, 2003.
- P. Wang, W. Wei, B. Cao, Z. Gan, and S. Liu, “Simulation of current spreading for GaN-based light-emitting diodes,” Optics and Laser Technology, vol. 42, no. 5, pp. 737–740, 2010.
- J. Hu, L. Yang, and M. W. Shin, “Thermal and mechanical analysis of high-power LEDs with ceramic packages,” IEEE Transactions on Device and Materials Reliability, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 297–303, 2008.
- A. I. Zhmakin, “Enhancement of light extraction from light emitting diodes,” Physics Reports, vol. 498, no. 4-5, pp. 189–241, 2011.
- K. A. Bulashevich, V. F. Mymrin, S. Y. Karpov, I. A. Zhmakin, and A. I. Zhmakin, “Simulation of visible and ultra-violet group-III nitride light emitting diodes,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 213, no. 1, pp. 214–238, 2006.
- V. K. Malyutenko, S. S. Bolgov, and A. D. Podoltsev, “Current crowding effect on the ideality factor and efficiency droop in blue lateral InGaN/GaN light emitting diodes,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 97, no. 25, Article ID 251110, 2010.
- B. Fan, H. Wu, Y. Zhao, Y. Xian, B. Zhang, and G. Wang, “Thermal study of high-power nitride-based flip-chip light-emitting diodes,” IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, vol. 55, no. 12, pp. 3375–3382, 2008.
- J. Piprek, T. Katona, S. P. DenBaars, and S. Li, “3D simulation and analysis of AlGaN/GaN ultraviolet light emitting diodes,” in 8th Light-Emitting Diodes: Research, Manufacturing, and Applications, vol. 5366 of Proceedings of SPIE, pp. 127–136, January 2004, Photonics West.
- S. Liu, Z. Gan, X. Luo et al., “Multi-physics multi-scale modeling issues in LED,” in International Conference on Experimental Mechanics 2008 (ICEM'08), vol. 7375 of Proceedings of SPIE, Nanjing, China, November 2008.
- X. Long, R. Liao, and J. Zhou, “Development of street lighting system-based novel high-brightness LED modules,” IET Optoelectronics, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 40–46, 2009.
- COMSOL Corporation, http://www.cntech.com.cn/product/COMSOL.html.
- S. Figge, T. Böttcher, D. Hommel, C. Zellweger, and M. Ilegems, “Heat generation and dissipation in GaN-based light emitting devices,” Physica Status Solidi A, vol. 200, no. 1, pp. 83–86, 2003.
- K. N. Rao, “Optical and electrical properties of indium-tin oxide films,” Indian Journal of Pure and Applied Physics, vol. 42, no. 3, pp. 201–204, 2004.
- X. Quo and E. F. Schubert, “Current crowding in GaN/InGaN light emitting diodes on insulating substrates,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 90, no. 8, pp. 4191–4195, 2001.