- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in OptoElectronics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 598213, 7 pages
Design of Matched Absorbing Layers for Surface Plasmon-Polaritons
1División de Física Applicada, Centro de Investigación Científica y de Educación Superior de Ensenada, Carretera Ensenada-Tijuana No. 3918, 22860 Ensenada, BC, Mexico
2Department of Physics and Astronomy and Institute for Surface and Interface Science, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Received 29 June 2012; Accepted 23 July 2012
Academic Editor: Natalia M. Litchinitser
Copyright © 2012 Sergio de la Cruz et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Taflove, Computational Electrodynamics: The Finite-Difference Time-Domain Method, Artech House, Boston, Mass, USA, 1995.
- J. P. Berenger, “A perfectly matched layer for the absorption of electromagnetic waves,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 114, no. 2, pp. 185–200, 1994.
- A. A. Maradudin, T. Michel, A. R. McGurn, and E. R. Méndez, “Enhanced backscattering of light from a random grating,” Annals of Physics, vol. 203, no. 2, pp. 255–307, 1990.
- A. V. Zayats, I. I. Smolyaninov, and A. A. Maradudin, “Nano-optics of surface plasmon polaritons,” Physics Reports, vol. 408, no. 3-4, pp. 131–314, 2005.
- S. A. Maier, Plasmonics: Fundamentals and Applications, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2007.
- C. C. Chao, S. H. Tu, C. M. Wang, H. I. Huang, C. C. Chen, and J. Y. Chang, “Impedance-matching surface plasmon absorber for FDTD simulations,” Plasmonics, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 51–55, 2010.
- R. F. Oulton, D. F. P. Pile, Y. Liu, and X. Zhang, “Scattering of surface plasmon polaritons at abrupt surface interfaces: implications for nanoscale cavities,” Physical Review B, vol. 76, no. 3, Article ID 035408, 12 pages, 2007.
- J. Elser and V. A. Podolskiy, “Scattering-free plasmonic optics with anisotropic metamaterials,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 100, no. 6, Article ID 066402, 4 pages, 2008.
- N. Zavareian and R. Massudi, “Study on scattering coefficient of surface plasmon polariton waves at interface of two metal-dielectric waveguides by using G-GFSIEM method,” Optics Express, vol. 18, no. 8, pp. 8574–8586, 2010.
- P. B. Johnson and R. W. Christy, “Optical constants of the noble metals,” Physical Review B, vol. 6, no. 12, pp. 4370–4379, 1972.
- V. A. Markel, “Can the imaginary part of permeability be negative?” Physical Review E, vol. 78, no. 2, Article ID 026608, 5 pages, 2008.
- R. A. Depine and J. M. Simon, “Surface impedance boundary condition for metallic diffraction gratings in the optical and infrared range,” Optica Acta, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 313–322, 1983.
- R. García-Molina, A. A. Maradudin, and T. A. Leskova, “The impedance boundary condition for a curved surface,” Physics Report, vol. 194, no. 5-6, pp. 351–359, 1990.
- A. A. Maradudin and E. R. Méndez, “Theoretical studies of the enhanced backscattering of light from one-dimensional randomly rough metal surfaces by the use of a nonlocal impedance boundary condition,” Physica A, vol. 207, no. 1–3, pp. 302–314, 1994.
- M. E. Knotts, T. R. Michel, and K. A. O'Donnell, “Comparisons of theory and experiment in light scattering from a randomly rough surface,” Journal of the Optical Society of America A, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 928–941, 1993.
- S. de la Cruz, E. R. Méndez, D. Macías, R. Salas-Montiel, and P. M. Adam, “Compact surface structures for the efficient excitation of surface plasmon-polaritons,” Physica Status Solidi B, vol. 249, no. 6, pp. 1178–1187, 2012.