- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in OptoElectronics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 736876, 9 pages
Realization of Radar Illusion Using Active Devices
1School of Information Science and Engineering, Lanzhou University, Lanzhou 730000, China
2State Key Laboratory of Millimeter Waves, Southeast University, Nanjing 210096, China
Received 2 July 2012; Revised 10 September 2012; Accepted 19 September 2012
Academic Editor: Alexandra E. Boltasseva
Copyright © 2012 B. Z. Cao et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. B. Pendry, D. Schurig, and D. R. Smith, “Controlling electromagnetic fields,” Science, vol. 312, no. 5781, pp. 1780–1782, 2006.
- D. Schurig, J. J. Mock, B. J. Justice et al., “Metamaterial electromagnetic cloak at microwave frequencies,” Science, vol. 314, no. 5801, pp. 977–980, 2006.
- B. Zhang, Y. Luo, X. Liu, and G. Barbastathis, “Macroscopic invisibility cloak for visible light,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 106, no. 3, Article ID 033901, 2011.
- X. Chen, Y. Luo, J. Zhang, K. Jiang, J. B. Pendry, and S. Zhang, “Macroscopic invisibility cloaking of visible light,” Nature Communications, vol. 2, article 176, 2011.
- G. W. Milton, M. Briane, and J. R. Willis, “On cloaking for elasticity and physical equations with a transformation invariant form,” New Journal of Physics, vol. 8, no. 10, p. 248, 2006.
- H. F. Ma and T. J. Cui, “Three-dimensional broadband ground-plane cloak made of metamaterials,” Nature Communications, vol. 1, article 21, 2010.
- A. Alu and N. Engheta, “Achieving transparency with plasmonic and metamaterial coatings,” Physical Review E, vol. 72, no. 1, pp. 1–9, 2005.
- H. Chen, C. T. Chan, and P. Sheng, “Transformation optics and metamaterials,” Nature Materials, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 387–396, 2010.
- L. Sun and K. W. Yu, “Broadband electromagnetic transparency by graded metamaterials: scattering cancellation scheme,” Journal of the Optical Society of America B, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 994–1001, 2011.
- W. Yan, M. Yan, Z. Ruan, and M. Qiu, “Coordinate transformations make perfect invisibility cloaks with arbitrary shape,” New Journal of Physics, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 1–13, 2008.
- Y. You, G. W. Kattawar, P. W. Zhai, and P. Yang, “Invisibility cloaks for irregular particles using coordinate transformations,” Optics Express, vol. 16, no. 9, pp. 6134–6145, 2008.
- G. W. Milton and N. A. P. Nicorovici, “On the cloaking effects associated with anomalous localized resonance,” Proceedings of the Royal Society A, vol. 462, no. 2074, pp. 3027–3059, 2006.
- N. A. P. Nicorovici, G. W. Milton, R. C. McPhedran, and L. C. Botten, “Quasistatic cloaking of two-dimensional polarizable discrete systems by anomalous resonance,” Optics Express, vol. 15, no. 10, pp. 6314–6323, 2007.
- D. A. B. Miller, “On perfect cloaking,” Optics Express, vol. 14, no. 25, pp. 12457–12466, 2006.
- F. G. Vasquez, G. W. Milton, and D. Onofrei, “Broadband exterior cloaking,” Optics Express, vol. 17, no. 17, pp. 14800–14805, 2009.
- F. G. Vasquez, G. W. Milton, and D. Onofrei, “Active exterior cloaking for the 2D Laplace and Helmholtz equations,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 103, no. 7, Article ID 073901, 2009.
- H. H. Zheng, J. J. Xiao, Y. Lai, and C. T. Chan, “Exterior optical cloaking and illusions by using active sources: a boundary element perspective,” Physical Review B, vol. 81, no. 19, pp. 1–10, 2010.
- B. Z. Cao and L. Sun, “A new method for realizing illusion and shift of electromagnetic target based on active devices,” in Proceedings of the International Conference of Microwave and Millimeter Wave Technology (ICMMT '12), vol. 3, pp. 1–4, 2012.
- Y. Lai, J. Ng, H. Chen et al., “Illusion optics: the optical transformation of an object into another object,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 102, no. 25, pp. 1–4, 2009.
- W. X. Jiang and T. J. Cui, “Moving targets virtually via composite optical transformation,” Optics Express, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 5161–5167, 2010.
- W. X. Jiang, H. F. Ma, Q. Cheng, and T. J. Cui, “Illusion media: generating virtual objects using realizable metamaterials,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 96, no. 12, Article ID 121910, 2010.
- T. Yang, H. Chen, X. Luo, and H. Ma, “Superscatterer: enhancement of scattering with complementary media,” Optics Express, vol. 16, no. 22, pp. 18545–18550, 2008.
- W. X. Jiang, H. F. Ma, Q. Cheng, and T. J. Cui, “Virtual conversion from metal object to dielectric object using metamaterials,” Optics Express, vol. 18, no. 11, pp. 11276–11281, 2010.
- W. X. Jiang and T. J. Cui, “Radar illusion via metamaterials,” Physical Review E, vol. 83, no. 2, Article ID 026601, 2011.
- W. X. Jiang, T. J. Cui, X. M. Yang, H. F. Ma, and Q. Cheng, “Shrinking an arbitrary object as one desires using metamaterials,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 98, no. 20, Article ID 204101, 2011.
- C. Li and F. Li, “Two-dimensional electromagnetic cloaks with arbitrary geometries,” Optics Express, vol. 16, no. 17, pp. 13414–13420, 2008.