- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in OptoElectronics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 907183, 5 pages
Plasmonic Modes of Metamaterial-Based Slot Waveguides
1Advanced Computing and Simulation Laboratory (A
2Institute of Optics, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14627, USA
Received 13 April 2012; Accepted 3 July 2012
Academic Editor: Alexandra E. Boltasseva
Copyright © 2012 Ivan D. Rukhlenko et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. Cai and V. Shalaev, Optical Metamaterials: Fundamentals and Applications, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2010.
- V. G. Veselago and E. E. Narimanov, “The left hand of brightness: past, present and future of negative index materials,” Nature Materials, vol. 5, no. 10, pp. 759–762, 2006.
- P. A. Belov, “Backward waves and negative refraction in uniaxial dielectrics with negative dielectric permittivity along the anisotropy axis,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 259–263, 2003.
- D. R. Smith, D. Schurig, J. J. Mock, P. Kolinko, and P. Rye, “Partial focusing of radiation by a slab of indefinite media,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 84, no. 13, pp. 2244–2246, 2004.
- D. R. Smith and D. Schurig, “Electromagnetic wave propagation in media with indefinite permittivity and permeability tensors,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 90, no. 7, Article ID 077405, pp. 1–4, 2003.
- J. Elser, V. A. Podolskiy, I. Salakhutdinov, and I. Avrutsky, “Nonlocal effects in effective-medium response of nanolayered metamaterials,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 90, no. 19, Article ID 191109, 2007.
- S. M. Vukovic, I. V. Shadrivov, and Y. S. Kivshar, “Surface bloch waves in metamaterial and metal-dielectric superlattices,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 95, no. 4, Article ID 041902, 2009.
- V. A. Podolskiy and E. E. Narimanov, “Strongly anisotropic waveguide as a nonmagnetic left-handed system,” Physical Review B, vol. 71, no. 20, Article ID 201101, 4 pages, 2005.
- I. D. Rukhlenko, M. Premaratne, and G. P. Agrawal, “Theory of negative refraction in periodic stratified metamaterials,” Optics Express, vol. 18, no. 26, pp. 27916–27929, 2010.
- A. Alù, M. G. Silveirinha, A. Salandrino, and N. Engheta, “Epsilon-near-zero metamaterials and electromagnetic sources: tailoring the radiation phase pattern,” Physical Review B, vol. 75, no. 15, Article ID 155410, 2007.
- A. Pannipitiya, I. D. Rukhlenko, M. Premaratne, H. T. Hattori, and G. P. Agrawal, “Improved transmission model for metal-dielectric-metal plasmonic waveguides with stub structure,” Optics Express, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 6191–6204, 2010.
- A. R. Davoyan, W. Liu, A. E. Miroshnichenko, I. V. Shadrivov, Y. S. Kivshar, and S. I. Bozhevolnyi, “Mode transformation in waveguiding plasmonic structures,” Photonics and Nanostructures, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 207–212, 2011.
- A. A. Orlov, P. M. Voroshilov, P. A. Belov, and Y. S. Kivshar, “Engineered optical nonlocality in nanostructured metamaterials,” Physical Review B, vol. 84, no. 4, Article ID 045424, 2011.
- A. V. Chebykin, A. A. Orlov, A. V. Vozianova, S. I. Maslovski, S. Yu. Kivshar, and P. A. Belov, “Nonlocal effective medium model for multilayered metal-dielectric metamaterials,” Physical Review B, vol. 2011, Article ID 115438, 2011.
- I. D. Rukhlenko, M. Premaratne, and G. P. Agrawal, “Nonlinear propagation in silicon-based plasmonic waveguides from the standpoint of applications,” Optics Express, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 206–217, 2011.