- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Operations Research
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 143732, 38 pages
Solving the Minimum Label Spanning Tree Problem by Mathematical Programming Techniques
Institute of Computer Graphics and Algorithms, Vienna University of Technology, 1040 Vienna, Austria
Received 20 November 2010; Accepted 5 March 2011
Academic Editor: I. L. Averbakh
Copyright © 2011 Andreas M. Chwatal and Günther R. Raidl. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R.-S. Chang and S.-J. Leu, “The minimum labeling spanning trees,” Information Processing Letters, vol. 63, no. 5, pp. 277–282, 1997.
- A. M. Chwatal, G. R. Raidl, and O. Dietzel, “Compressing fingerprint templates by solving an extended minimum label spanning tree problem,” in Proceedings of the 7th Metaheuristics International Conference (MIC '07), Montreal, Canada, 2007.
- S. O. Krumke and H.-C. Wirth, “On the minimum label spanning tree problem,” Information Processing Letters, vol. 66, no. 2, pp. 81–85, 1998.
- Y. Wan, G. Chen, and Y. Xu, “A note on the minimum label spanning tree,” Information Processing Letters, vol. 84, no. 2, pp. 99–101, 2002.
- Y. Xiong, B. Golden, and E. Wasil, “A one-parameter genetic algorithm for the minimum labeling spanning tree problem,” IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 55–60, 2005.
- S. Consoli, J. A. Moreno, N. Mladenovic, and K. Darby-Dowman, “Constructive heuristics for the minimum labelling spanning tree problem: a preliminary comparison,” Tech. Rep., DEIOC, 2006.
- Y. Xiong, B. Golden, and E. Wasil, “Improved heuristics for the minimum label spanning tree problem,” IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 700–703, 2006.
- J. Nummela and B. A. Julstrom, “An effective genetic algorithm for the minimum-label spanning tree problem,” in Proceedings of the 8th Annual Conference on Genetic and Evolutionary Computation (GECCO '06), pp. 553–558, ACM Press, 2006.
- T. Brüggemann, J. Monnot, and G. J. Woeginger, “Local search for the minimum label spanning tree problem with bounded color classes,” Operations Research Letters, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 195–201, 2003.
- R. Cerulli, A. Fink, M. Gentili, and S. Voß, “Metaheuristics comparison for the minimum labelling spanning tree problem,” in The Next Wave in Computing, Optimization, and Decision Technologies, vol. 29 of Operations Research/Computer Science Interfaces Series, pp. 93–106, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2005.
- S. Consoli, J. A. Moreno, N. Mladenovic, and K. Darby-Dowman, “Mejora de la exploracion y la explotacion de las heuristicas constructivas para el mlstp,” in Spanish Meeting on Metaheuristics, 2007.
- S. Consoli, K. Darby-Dowman, N. Mladenovic, and J. Moreno-Pérez, “Heuristics based on greedy randomized adaptive search and variable neighbourhood search for the minimum labelling spanning tree problem,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 196, no. 2, pp. 440–449, 2009.
- S. Consoli, K. Darby-Dowman, N. Mladenovic, and J. Moreno-Pérez, “Solving the minimum labelling spanning tree problem using hybrid local search,” Tech. Rep., Brunel University, 2007.
- S. Consoli, K. Darby-Dowman, N. Mladenović, and J. A. Moreno-Pérez, “Variable neighbourhood search for the minimum labelling Steiner tree problem,” Annals of Operations Research, vol. 172, pp. 71–96, 2009.
- Y. Chen, N. Cornick, A. O. Hall, et al., “Comparison of heuristics for solving the gmlst problem,” in Telecommunications Modeling, Policy, and Technology, vol. 44 of Operations Research/Computer Science Interfaces Series, pp. 191–217, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2008.
- M. E. Captivo, J. C. N. Clímaco, and M. M. B. Pascoal, “A mixed integer linear formulation for the minimum label spanning tree problem,” Computers & Operations Research, vol. 36, no. 11, pp. 3082–3085, 2009.
- A. M. Chwatal, G. R. Raidl, and K. Oberlechner, “Solving a -node minimum label spanning arborescence problem to compress fingerprint templates,” Journal of Mathematical Modelling and Algorithms, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 293–334, 2009.
- G. L. Nemhauser and L. A. Wolsey, Integer and Combinatorial Optimization, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1999.
- T. L. Magnanti and L. A. Wolsey, “Optimal trees,” in Network Models, M. O. Ball, et al., Ed., vol. 7 of Handbook in Operations Research and Management Science, pp. 503–615, North-Holland, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1995.
- M. Chimani, M. Kandyba, I. Ljubić, and P. Mutzel, “Obtaining optimal k-cardinality trees fast,” Journal on Experimental Algorithmics, vol. 14, pp. 2.5–2.23, 2009.
- I. Ljubić, Exact and memetic algorithms for two network design problems, Ph.D. thesis, Vienna University of Technology, Vienna, Austria, 2004.
- C. E. Miller, A. W. Tucker, and R. A. Zemlin, “Integer programming formulation of traveling salesman problems,” Journal of the Association for Computing Machinery, vol. 7, pp. 326–329, 1960.
- B. V. Cherkassky and A. V. Goldberg, “On implementing the push-relabel method for the maximum flow problem,” Algorithmica, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 390–410, 1997.
- G. Cornuéjols and A. Sassano, “On the facets of the set covering polytope,” Mathematical Programming, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 45–55, 1989.
- M. Grötschel and O. Holland, “Solving matching problems with linear programming,” Mathematical Programming, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 243–259, 1985.
- SCIP—Solving Constraint Integer Programs, “Konrad-Zuse-Zentrum für Informationstechnik Berlin,” Version 1.2, http://scip.zib.de/.
- ILOG Concert Technology, CPLEX. ILOG. Version 12.0, http://www.ilog.com/.