- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Operations Research
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 379505, 10 pages
Noniterative Solution of Some Fermat-Weber Location Problems
The Raymond & Beverly Sackler School of Physics and Astronomy, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel
Received 5 April 2011; Accepted 17 June 2011
Academic Editor: I. L. Averbakh
Copyright © 2011 Reuven Chen. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. W. Kuhn, “On a pair of dual nonlinear programs,” in Nonlinear Programming, J. Abadie, Ed., pp. 37–54, North-Holland, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1967.
- J. Krarup and S. Vajda, “On Torricelli's geometrical solution to a problem of Fermat,” IMA Journal of Mathematics Applied in Business and Industry, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 215–224, 1997.
- A. Weber, Über den Standort den Industrie, University of Chicago Press, Chicago, Ill, USA, 1909.
- G. O. Wesolowsky, “The Weber problem: history and perspectives,” Location Science, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 5–23, 1993.
- H. Martini, “A geometric generalization of the Vecten-Fasbender duality,” Studies in Locational Analysis, no. 10, pp. 53–65, 1996.
- C. D. Eilon, C. D. T. Watson-Gandy, and N. Christofides, Distribution Management, Mathematical Modeling and Practical Analysis, Griffin, London, UK, 1971.
- E. Weiszfeld, “Sur le point sur lequel la somme des distances de n points données est minimum,” Tôhoku Mathematical Journal, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 335–386, 1937.
- E. Weiszfeld and F. Plastria, “On the point for which the sum of the distances to n given points is minimum,” Annals of Operations Research, vol. 167, no. 1, pp. 7–41, 2009.
- L. M. Ostresh, Jr., “On the convergence of a class of iterative methods for solving the Weber location problem,” Operations Research, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 597–609, 1978.
- G. O. Wesolowsky, “Location in continuous space,” Geographical Analysis, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 95–112, 1973.
- F. Plastria and M. Elosmani, “On the convergence of the Weiszfeld algorithm for continuous single facility location-allocation problems,” TOP, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 388–406, 2008.
- I. N. Katz, “On the convergence of a numerical scheme for solving some locational equilibrium problems,” SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics, vol. 17, pp. 1224–1231, 1969.
- I. N. Katz, “Local convergence in Fermat's problem,” Mathematical Programming, vol. 6, pp. 89–104, 1974.
- Z. Drezner, “A note on the Weber location problem,” Annals of Operations Research, vol. 40, no. 1–4, pp. 153–161, 1992.
- Z. Drezner, “On the convergence of the generalized Weiszfeld algorithm,” Annals of Operations Research, vol. 167, pp. 327–336, 2009.
- L. Cánovas, R. Cañavate, and A. Marín, “On the convergence of the Weiszfeld algorithm,” Mathematical Programming, vol. 93, no. 2, pp. 327–330, 2002.
- Z. Drezner, “A note on accelerating the weiszfeld procedure,” Location Science, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 275–279, 1995.
- Y. Vardi and C.-H. Zhang, “A modified Weiszfeld algorithm for the Fermat-Weber location problem,” Mathematical Programming, vol. 90, no. 3, pp. 559–566, 2001.
- D. Rautenbach, M. Struzyna, C. Szegedy, and J. Vygen, “Weiszfeld's algorithm revisited once again,” Research Institute of Discrete Mathematics Report #04946-OR, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany, 2004.
- R. Chandrasekaran and A. Tamir, “Open questions concerning Weiszfeld's algorithm for the Fermat-Weber location problem,” Mathematical Programming, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 293–295, 1989.
- J. Brimberg, “The Fermat-Weber location problem revisited,” Mathematical Programming, vol. 71, no. 1, pp. 71–76, 1995.
- J. Brimberg, “Further notes on convergence of the Weiszfeld algorithm,” Yugoslav Journal of Operations Research, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 199–206, 2003.
- R. Chen, “Optimal location of a service facility as a problem in basic mechanics,” American Journal of Physics, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 59–62, 1985.
- H. Juel and R. F. Love, “Fixed point optimality criteria for the location problem with arbitrary norms,” Journal of the Operational Research Society, vol. 32, no. 10, pp. 891–897, 1981.
- I. Norman Katz and S. R. Vogl, “A Weiszfeld algorithm for the solution of an asymmetric extension of the generalized Fermat location problem,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 59, no. 1, pp. 399–410, 2010.