- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Operations Research
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 645954, 21 pages
Optimal Routing for Multiclass Networks
1Graduate School of Systems and Information Engineering, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba Science City, Ibaraki 305-8573, Japan
2INRIA, BP93, 06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex, France
Received 30 September 2010; Revised 4 April 2011; Accepted 5 April 2011
Academic Editor: Yi Kuei Lin
Copyright © 2011 Hisao Kameda et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Patriksson, The Traffic Assignment Problem—Models and Methods, VSP, Utrecht, The Netherlands, 1994.
- J. G. Wardrop, “Some theoretic aspects of road traffic research,” Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers, vol. 1, pp. 325–378, 1952.
- D. Bertsekas and R. Gallager, Data Networks, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA, 2nd edition, 1992.
- L. Fratta, M. Gerla, and L. Kleinrock, “The flow deviation method: an approach to store-and-forward communication network design,” Networks, vol. 3, pp. 97–133, 1973.
- R. G. Gallager, “A minimum delay routing algorithm using distributed computation,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 73–85, 1977.
- E. Altman and H. Kameda, “Equilibria for multiclass routing problems in multi-agent networks,” in Advances in Dynamic Games: Annals of International Society of Dynamic Games, Vol. 7, A. S. Nowak and K. Szajowski, Eds., vol. 7, pp. 343–367, Birkhäuser, Boston, Mass, USA, 2005, An extended version of the paper that appeared in Proceedings of the 40th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC ’01), Orlando, Fla, USA, pp. 604–609, December 2001.
- J. E. Cohen and C. Jeffries, “Congestion resulting from increased capacity in single-server queueing networks,” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 305–310, 1997.
- A. Orda, R. Rom, and N. Shimkin, “Competitive routing in multiuser communication networks,” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 1, no. 5, pp. 614–627, 1993.
- T. Roughgarden, “On the severity of Braess's Paradox: designing networks for selfish users is hard,” Journal of Computer and System Sciences, vol. 72, no. 5, pp. 922–953, 2006.
- P. Gupta and P. R. Kumar, “A system and traffic dependent adaptive routing algorithm for Ad Hoc networks,” in Proceedings of the 36th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, pp. 2375–2380, San Diego, Calif, USA, December 1997.
- S. C. Dafermos, “Extended traffic assignment model with applications to two-way traffic,” Transportation Science, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 366–389, 1971.
- S. C. Dafermos, “The traffic assignment problem for multi-class user transportation networks,” Transportation Science, vol. 6, pp. 73–87, 1972.
- S. C. Dafermos and F. T. Sparrow, “The traffic assignment problem for a general network,” Journal of Research of the National Bureau of Standards, vol. 73B, no. 2, pp. 91–118, 1969.
- H. Kameda, E. Altman, T. Kozawa, and Y. Hosokawa, “Braess-like paradoxes in distributed computer systems,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 45, no. 9, pp. 1687–1691, 2000.
- H. Kameda and O. Pourtallier, “Paradoxes in distributed decisions on optimal load balancing for networks of homogeneous computers,” Journal of the ACM, vol. 49, no. 3, pp. 407–433, 2002.
- R. B. Myerson, Game Theory: Analysis of Conflict, Harvard University Press, Cambridge, Mass, USA, 1991.
- D. Monderer and L. S. Shapley, “Potential games,” Games and Economic Behavior, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 124–143, 1996.
- R. T. Rockafellar, Convex Analysis, Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ, USA, 1970.
- M. D. Intriligator, Mathematical Optimization and Economic Theory, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA, 1971.
- M. W. Jeter, Mathematical Programming, vol. 102, Marcel Dekker, New York, NY, USA, 1986.
- J. Li and H. Kameda, “Load balancing problems for multiclass jobs in distributed/parallel computer systems,” IEEE Transactions on Computers, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 322–332, 1998.
- A. N. Tantawi and D. Towsley, “Optimal static load balancing in distributed computer systems,” Journal of the Association for Computing Machinery, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 445–465, 1985.