- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Operations Research
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 279181, 21 pages
Multiobjective Two-Stage Stochastic Programming Problems with Interval Discrete Random Variables
1Department of Mathematics, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur 721 302, India
2Department of Mining Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur 721 302, India
Received 17 March 2012; Accepted 14 June 2012
Academic Editor: Albert P. M. Wagelmans
Copyright © 2012 S. K. Barik et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. V. Sahinidis, “Optimization under uncertainty: state-of-the-art and opportunities,” Computers and Chemical Engineering, vol. 28, no. 6-7, pp. 971–983, 2004.
- G. B. Dantzig, “Linear programming under uncertainty,” Management Science, vol. 1, pp. 197–206, 1955.
- E. M. L. Beale, “On minimizing a convex function subject to linear inequalities,” Journal of the Royal Statistical Society B, vol. 17, pp. 173–184, 1955.
- G. B. Dantzig and A. Madansky, “On the solution of two-stage linear programs under uncertainty,” in Proceedings of the 4th Berkeley Symposium on Statistics and Probability, vol. 1, pp. 165–176, University of California Press, Berkeley, Calif, USA, 1961.
- R. E. Moore, Interval Analysis, Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA, 1966.
- S. Tong, “Interval number and fuzzy number linear programmings,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, vol. 66, no. 3, pp. 301–306, 1994.
- Y. P. Li and G. H. Huang, “An inexact two-stage mixed integer linear programming method for solid waste management in the City of Regina,” Journal of Environmental Management, vol. 81, no. 3, pp. 188–209, 2006.
- A. A. Molai and E. Khorram, “Linear programming problem with interval coefficients and an interpretation for its constraints,” Iranian Journal of Science & Technology A, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 369–390, 2007.
- F. Zhou, H. C. Guo, K. Huang, and G. H. Huang, “The interval linear programming: a revisit,” Environmental Informatics Archives, vol. 5, pp. 101–110, 2007.
- Y.-K. Liu, “The approximation method for two-stage fuzzy random programming with recourse,” IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 1197–1208, 2007.
- Y. C. Han, G. H. Huang, and C. H. Li, “An interval-parameter multi-stage stochastic chance-constrained mixed integer programming model for inter-basin water resources management systems under uncertainty,” in Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Fuzzy Systems and Knowledge Discovery (FSKD '08), pp. 146–153, IEEE, October 2008.
- Y. Xu, G. H. Huang, and X. Qin, “Inexact two-stage stochastic robust optimization model for water resources management under uncertainty,” Environmental Engineering Science, vol. 26, no. 12, pp. 1765–1776, 2009.
- Y. P. Li and G. H. Huang, “Interval-parameter two-stage stochastic nonlinear programming for water resources management under uncertainty,” Water Resources Management, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 681–698, 2008.
- H. Suprajitno and I. B. Mohd, “Linear programming with interval arithmetic,” International Journal of Contemporary Mathematical Sciences, vol. 5, no. 5–8, pp. 323–332, 2010.
- J. Su, G. H. Huang, B. D. Xi et al., “Long-term panning of waste diversion under interval and probabilistic uncertainties,” Resources, Conservation and Recycling, vol. 54, no. 7, pp. 449–461, 2010.
- S. Wang and J. Watada, “Two-stage fuzzy stochastic programming with value-at-risk criteria,” Applied Soft Computing Journal, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 1044–1056, 2011.
- J. R. Birge and F. Louveaux, Introduction to Stochastic Programming, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1997.
- N. S. Kambo, Mathematical Programming Techniques, Affiliated East-West Press, New Delhi, India, 1984.
- D. W. Walkup and R. J. B. Wets, “Stochastic programs with recourse,” SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics, vol. 15, pp. 1299–1314, 1967.
- M. Sakawa, A. Karino, K. Kato, and T. Matsui, “An interactive fuzzy satisficing method for multiobjective stochastic integer programming problems through simple recourse model,” in Proceedings of the 5th International Workshop on Computational Intelligence & Applications (IWCIA '09), IEEE SMC Hiroshima Chapter, Hiroshima University, Japan, November 2009.
- F. T. Nobibon and R. Guo, Foundation and formulation of stochastic interval programming [PGD thesis], African Institute for Mathematical Sciences, Cape Town, South Africa, 2006.
- M. Allahdadi and H. M. Nehi, “Fuzzy linear programming with interval linear programming approach,” Advanced Modeling and Optimization, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 1–12, 2011.
- J. W. Chinneck and K. Ramadan, “Linear programming with interval coefficients,” Journal of the Operational Research Society, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 209–220, 2000.
- J. P. Ignizio, Goal Programming and Extensions, Heath, Boston, Mass, USA, 1976.
- T. L. Saaty, “Decision making with the analytic hierarchy process,” International Journal of Services Sciences, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 83–98, 2008.
- E. R. Richard, GAMS-A User’s Guide, GAMS Development Corporation, Washington, DC, USA, 2010.
- L. Schrage, Optimization Modeling with LINGO, LINDO Systems, Chicago, Ill, USA, 6th edition, 2006.