- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Orthopedics
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 241729, 4 pages
Cervical Laminoplasty for Multilevel Cervical Myelopathy
Department of Orthopaedics, Cappagh National Orthopaedic Hospital, Finglas, Dublin 11, Ireland
Received 27 March 2011; Revised 26 June 2011; Accepted 16 July 2011
Academic Editor: Allen L. Carl
Copyright © 2011 Murali Krishna Sayana et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Kirita, “Posterior decompression for cervical spondylosis and OPLL,” Shujutsu, vol. 30, pp. 287–302, 1976 (Japanese).
- M. Oyama, S. Hattori, and N. Moriwaki, “A new method of posterior decompression,” Chubuseisaisi, vol. 16, p. 792, 1973 (Japanese).
- K. Hirabayashi, K. Watanabe, K. Wakano, et al., “Expansive open-door laminoplasty for cervical spinal stenotic myelopathy,” Spine, vol. 8, no. 7, pp. 693–699, 1983.
- G. P. Nowinski, H. Visarius, L. P. Nolte, and H. N. Herkowitz, “A biomechanical comparison of cervical laminoplasty and cervical laminectomy with progressive facetectomy,” Spine, vol. 18, no. 14, pp. 1995–2004, 1993.
- J. Baisden, L. M. Voo, J. F. Cusick, F. A. Pintar, and N. Yoganandan, “Evaluation of cervical laminectomy and laminoplasty: a longitudinal study in the goat model,” Spine, vol. 24, no. 13, pp. 1283–1288, 1999.
- M. P. Steinmetz and D. K. Resnick, “Cervical laminoplasty,” Spine Journal, vol. 6, no. 6, pp. S274–S281, 2006.
- M. J. Geck and F. J. Eismont, “Surgical options for the treatment of cervical spondylotic myelopathy,” Orthopedic Clinics of North America, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 329–348, 2002.
- K. Chiba and Y. Tuyama, “Development of new surgical treatments in spinal surgery: expansive open-door laminoplasty and percutaneous nucleotomy,” Keio Journal of Medicine, vol. 50, no. 3, pp. 142–151, 2001.
- T. Itoh and H. Tsuji, “Technical improvements and results of laminoplasty for compressive myelopathy in the cervical spine,” Spine, vol. 10, no. 8, pp. 729–736, 1985.
- T. Kurokawa, N. Tsuyama, and H. Tanaka, “Enlargement of spinal canal by the sagittal splitting of the spinous process,” Bessatusu Seikeigeka, vol. 2, pp. 234–240, 1982.
- Japanese Orthopaedic Association, “Criteria on the evaluation of the treatment of cervical spondylotic myelopathy,” Journal of the Japanese Orthopedic Association, vol. 49, addenda no 12, 1975.
- K. Miyazaki, E. Hirohuji, and S. Ono, “Extensive simultaneous multi-segmental laminectomy and posterior decompression with posterolateral fusion,” Journal Of The Japanese Spine Research Society, vol. 5, p. 167, 1994.
- G. Liu, J. M. Buchowski, T. Bunmaprasert, J. S. Yeom, H. Shen, and K. D. Riew, “Revision surgery following cervical laminoplasty: etiology and treatment strategies,” Spine, vol. 34, no. 25, pp. 2760–2768, 2009.
- N. Hosono, K. Yonenobu, and K. Ono, “Neck and shoulder pain after laminoplasty: a noticeable complication,” Spine, vol. 21, no. 17, pp. 1969–1973, 1996.
- K. Satomi, Y. Nishu, T. Kohno, and K. Hirabayashi, “Long-term follow-up studies of open-door expansive laminoplasty for cervical stenotic myelopathy,” Spine, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 507–510, 1994.
- D. M. Benglis, J. D. Guest, and M. Y. Wang, “Clinical feasibility of minimally invasive cervical laminoplasty,” Neurosurgical Focus, vol. 25, no. 2, article E3, 2008.