- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Orthopedics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 903850, 7 pages
Fractures of the Scapula
1Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, 3400 Spruce Street, 2 Silverstein, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
2Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Washington University in St. Louis, 660 South Euclid Avenue, Campus Box 8233, St. Louis, MO 63110, USA
Received 11 August 2012; Accepted 7 October 2012
Academic Editor: Reuben Gobezie
Copyright © 2012 Pramod B. Voleti et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. R. Rowe, “Fractures of the scapula,” The Surgical Clinics of North America, vol. 43, pp. 1565–1571, 1963.
- R. Ideberg, S. Grevsten, and S. Larsson, “Epidemiology of scapular fractures: incidence and classification of 338 fractures,” Acta Orthopaedica Scandinavica, vol. 66, no. 5, pp. 395–397, 1995.
- C. P. Armstrong and J. Van der Spuy, “The fractured scapula: importance and management based on a series of 62 patients,” Injury, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 324–329, 1984.
- R. J. Imatani, “Fractures of the scapula: a review of 53 fractures,” Journal of Trauma, vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 473–478, 1975.
- J. P. McGahan, G. T. Rab, and A. Dublin, “Fractures of the scapula,” Journal of Trauma, vol. 20, no. 10, pp. 880–883, 1980.
- D. A. Thompson, T. C. Flynn, P. W. Miller, and R. P. Fischer, “The significance of scapular fractures,” Journal of Trauma, vol. 25, no. 10, pp. 974–977, 1985.
- M. C. Wilber and E. B. Evans, “Fractures of the scapula. An analysis of forty cases and a review of the literature,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery A, vol. 59, no. 3, pp. 358–362, 1977.
- J. R. Ada and M. E. Miller, “Scapular fractures: analysis of 113 cases,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 269, pp. 174–180, 1991.
- M. McGinnis and J. R. Denton, “Fractures of the scapula: a retrospective study of 40 fractured scapulae,” Journal of Trauma, vol. 29, no. 11, pp. 1488–1493, 1989.
- I. J. Guttentag and G. R. Rechtine, “Fractures of the scapula. A review of the literature,” Orthopaedic Review, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 147–158, 1988.
- K. D. Baldwin, P. Ohman-Strickland, S. Mehta, and E. Hume, “Scapula fractures: a marker for concomitant injury? A retrospective review of data in the national trauma database,” Journal of Trauma, vol. 65, no. 2, pp. 430–435, 2008.
- R. D. Harris and J. H. Harris Jr., “The prevalence and significance of missed scapular fractures in blunt chest trauma,” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 151, no. 4, pp. 747–750, 1988.
- M. H. Bloom and W. G. Obata, “Diagnosis of posterior dislocation of the shoulder with use of Velpeau axillary and angle-up roentgenographic views,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery A, vol. 49, no. 5, pp. 943–949, 1967.
- T. P. Goss, “The scapula: coracoid, acromial, and avulsion fractures,” American Journal of Orthopedics, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 106–115, 1996.
- W. P. Garth Jr., C. E. Slappey, and C. W. Ochs, “Roentgenographic demonstration of instability of the shoulder: the apical oblique projection. A technical note,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery A, vol. 66, no. 9, pp. 1450–1453, 1984.
- J. R. Rokous, J. A. Feagin, and H. G. Abbott, “Modified axillary roentgenogram. A useful adjunct in the diagnosis of recurrent instability of the shoulder,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, vol. 82, pp. 84–86, 1972.
- T. R. McAdams, F. T. Blevins, T. P. Martin, and T. A. DeCoster, “The role of plain films and computed tomography in the evaluation of scapular neck fractures,” Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 7–11, 2002.
- T. P. Goss, “Scapular fractures and dislocations: diagnosis and Treatment,” Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, vol. 3, pp. 22–33, 1995.
- L. J. Soslowsky, E. L. Flatow, L. U. Bigliani, and V. C. Mow, “Articular geometry of the glenohumeral joint,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 285, pp. 181–190, 1992.
- M. Zlowodzki, M. Bhandari, B. A. Zelle, P. J. Kregor, and P. A. Cole, “Treatment of scapula fractures: systematic review of 520 fractures in 22 case series,” Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 230–233, 2006.
- F. H. Hardegger, L. A. Simpson, and B. G. Weber, “The operative treatment of scapular fractures,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery B, vol. 66, no. 5, pp. 725–731, 1984.
- A. Nordqvist and C. Petersson, “Fracture of the body, neck, or spine of the scapula: a long-term follow-up study,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 283, pp. 139–144, 1992.
- O. Gagey, J. P. Curey, and F. Mazas, “Recent fractures of the scapula,” Revue de Chirurgie Orthopedique et Reparatrice de l'Appareil Moteur, vol. 70, no. 6, pp. 443–447, 1984.
- A. M. Pace, R. Stuart, and H. Brownlow, “Outcome of glenoid neck fractures,” Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 585–590, 2005.
- T. Bauer, O. Abadie, and P. Hardy, “Arthroscopic treatment of glenoid fractures,” Arthroscopy, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 569.e1–569.e6, 2006.
- K. C. Kim, K. J. Rhee, H. D. Shin, and J. Y. Yang, “Can the glenopolar angle be used to predict outcome and treatment of the floating shoulder?” Journal of Trauma, vol. 64, no. 1, pp. 174–178, 2008.
- D. Zdravkovic and V. V. Damholt, “Comminuted and severely displaced fractures of the scapula,” Acta Orthopaedica Scandinavica, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 60–65, 1974.
- A. Lindholm and H. Levén, “Prognosis in fractures of the body and neck of the scapula. A follow-up study,” Acta Chirurgica Scandinavica, vol. 140, no. 1, pp. 33–36, 1974.
- P. L. Althausen, M. A. Lee, and C. G. Finkemeier, “Scapulothoracic dissociation: diagnosis and treatment,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 416, pp. 237–244, 2003.
- D. D. Damschen, T. H. Cogbill, and M. J. Siegel, “Scapulothoracic dissociation caused by blunt trauma,” Journal of Trauma, vol. 42, no. 3, pp. 537–540, 1997.