- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Orthopedics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 391260, 4 pages
Obtaining Glenoid Positioning Data from Scapular Palpable Points In Vitro
Department of Physical Therapy (MC 898), University of Illinois at Chicago, 1919 W. Taylor Street, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Received 23 January 2013; Revised 20 March 2013; Accepted 21 March 2013
Academic Editor: Christian Bach
Copyright © 2013 Jordan H. Trafimow and Alexander S. Aruin. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. W. McClure, L. A. Michener, B. J. Sennett, and A. R. Karduna, “Direct 3-dimensional measurement of scapular kinematics during dynamic movements in vivo,” Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 269–277, 2001.
- R. J. Friedman, K. B. Hawthorne, and B. M. Genez, “The use of computerized tomography in the measurement of glenoid version,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery A, vol. 74, no. 7, pp. 1032–1037, 1992.
- W. B. Kibler, A. Sciascia, and T. Wilkes, “Scapular dyskinesis and its relation to shoulder injury,” Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 364–372, 2012.
- R. von Eisenhart-Rothe, S. Hinterwimmer, C. Braune et al., “MR-based 3D-analysis of the pathomechanics of traumatic and atraumatic shoulder instability,” Zeitschrift fur Orthopadie und Ihre Grenzgebiete, vol. 143, no. 4, pp. 461–467, 2005.
- K. Bak, “Nontraumatic glenohumeral instability and coracoacromial impingement in swimmers,” Scandinavian Journal of Medicine and Science in Sports, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 132–144, 1996.
- P. Page, “Shoulder muscle imbalance and subacromial impingement syndrome in overhead athletes,” International Journal of Sports Physical Therapy, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 51–58, 2011.
- C. F. Beaulieu, D. K. Hodge, A. G. Bergman et al., “Glenohumeral relationships during physiologic shoulder motion and stress testing: initial experience with open MR imaging and active imaging-plane registration,” Radiology, vol. 212, no. 3, pp. 699–705, 1999.
- G. S. Lewis, C. D. Bryce, A. C. Davison, C. S. Hollenbeak, S. J. Piazza, and A. D. Armstrong, “Location of the optimized centerline of the glenoid vault: a comparison of two operative techniques with use of three-dimensional computer modeling,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery A, vol. 92, no. 5, pp. 1188–1194, 2010.
- A. K. Saha, “Dynamic stability of the glenohumeral joint,” Acta Orthopaedica Scandinavica, vol. 42, no. 6, pp. 491–505, 1971.
- P. M. Ludewig, D. R. Hassett, R. F. Laprade, P. R. Camargo, and J. P. Braman, “Comparison of scapular local coordinate systems,” Clinical Biomechanics, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 415–421, 2010.
- S. Oyama, J. B. Myers, C. A. Wassinger, R. D. Ricci, and S. M. Lephart, “Asymmetric resting scapular posture in healthy overhead athletes,” Journal of Athletic Training, vol. 43, no. 6, pp. 565–570, 2008.
- H. Gray and C. M. Goss, Anatomy of the Human Body, Lea & Febiger, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 26th edition, 1954.
- J. Sobotta, Atlas of Descriptive Human Anatomy, vol. 1, Hafner Publishing, New York, NY, USA, 6th edition, 1954, edited by E. Uhlenhuth.
- P. A. Borsa, M. K. Timmons, and E. L. Sauers, “Scapular-positioning patterns during humeral elevation in unimpaired shoulders,” Journal of Athletic Training, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 12–17, 2003.
- N. K. Poppen and P. S. Walker, “Normal and abnormal motion of the shoulder,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery A, vol. 58, no. 2, pp. 195–201, 1976.
- W. Hollinshead, Anatomy for Surgeons: The Back and Limbs, vol. 3, Hoeber-Harper, New York, NY, USA, 1958.