- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Optical Technologies
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 530512, 12 pages
Cross-Shaped Terahertz Metal Mesh Filters: Historical Review and Results
1BR Labs Ltd., Rua Lauro Vannucci 1020, 13087-548 Campinas, SP, Brazil
2Brazilian Synchrotron Light Laboratory, Rua Giuseppe Maximo Scolfaro, 10000, 13083-970 Campinas, SP, Brazil
3Department of Microwave and Optics, University of Campinas, (UNICAMP), Avenue Albert Einstein, 400, Cidade Universitária Zeferino Vaz, 13083-970 Campinas, SP, Brazil
Received 5 October 2011; Revised 27 December 2011; Accepted 10 January 2012
Academic Editor: Michael Fiddy
Copyright © 2012 Arline M. Melo et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Lisauskas, T. Löffer, and G. Hartmut, “Photonics terahertz technology,” Semiconductor Science and Technology, vol. 20, no. 7, 2005.
- G. P. Williams, “Filling the THz gap—high power sources and applications,” Reports on Progress in Physics, vol. 69, no. 2, pp. 301–326, 2006.
- R. Appleby and H. B. Wallace, “Standoff detection of weapons and contraband in the 100 GHz to 1 THz region,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 55, no. 11 I, pp. 2944–2956, 2007.
- H. B. Liu, H. Zhong, N. Karpowicz, Y. Chen, and X. C. Zhang, “Terahertz spectroscopy and imaging for defense and security applications,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 95, no. 8, pp. 1514–1527, 2007.
- H. Zhong, A. Redo, Y. Chen, and X. C. Zhang, “THz wave standoff detection of explosive materials,” in Terahertz for Military and Security Applications IV, vol. 6212 of Proceedings of SPIE, Orlando, Fla, USA, April 2006.
- M. S. Sherwin, C. A. Schmuttenmaer, and P. H. Bucksbaum, DOE-NSF-NIH Workshop on Opportunities in THz Science, Arlington, Va, USA, 2004.
- D. W. Porterfield, J. L. Hesler, R. Densing, E. R. Mueller, T. W. Crowe, and R. M. Weikle II, “Resonant metal-mesh bandpass filters for the far infrared,” Applied Optics, vol. 33, no. 25, pp. 6046–6052, 1994.
- B. Voisiat, A. Biciunas, I. Kasalynas, and G. Raciukaitis, “Band-pass filters for THz spectral range fabricated by laser ablation,” Applied Physics A, vol. 104, no. 3, pp. 953–958, 2011.
- I. Puscasu, G. Boreman, R. C. Tiberio, D. Spencer, and R. R. Krchnavek, “Comparison of infrared frequency selective surfaces fabricated by direct-write electron-beam and bilayer nanoimprint lithographies,” Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology B, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 3578–3581, 2000.
- V. Nazmov, E. Reznikova, Y. L. Mathis et al., “Bandpass filters made by LIGA for the THZ region: manufacturing and testing,” Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research A, vol. 603, no. 1-2, pp. 150–152, 2009.
- S. Sako, T. Miyata, T. Nakamura, T. Onaka, Y. Ikeda, and H. Kataza, “Developing metal mesh filters for mid-infrared astronomy of 25 to 40 micron,” in Advanced Optical and Mechanical Technologies in Telescopes and Instrumentation, vol. 7018 of Proceedings of SPIE, Marseille, France, June 2008.
- S. A. Kuznetsov, V. V. Kubarev, P. V. Kalinin et al., “Development of metal mesh based quasi-optical selective components and their application in high-power experiments at Novosibirsk terahertz FEL,” in Proceedings of the FEL, 2007.
- Y. Ma, A. Khalid, T. D. Drysdale, and D. R. S. Cumming, “Direct fabrication of terahertz optical devices on low-absorption polymer substrates,” Optics Letters, vol. 34, no. 10, pp. 1555–1557, 2009.
- G. I. Kiani, K. P. Esselle, L. G. Olsson, A. Karlsson, and M. Nilsson, “Cross-dipole bandpass frequency selective surface for energy-saving glass used in buildings,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 59, no. 2, pp. 520–525, 2011.
- D. W. Logan, “A frequency selective bolometer camera for measuring millimeter spectral energy distributions,” Access Open Dissertations, paper 70., 2009.
- R. Ulrich, “Far-infrared properties of metallic mesh and its complementary structure,” Infrared Physics, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 37–55, 1967.
- P. Kaufmann, R. Marcon, A. Marun et al., “Selective spectral detection of continuum terahertz radiation,” in Millimeter, Submillimeter, and Far-Infrared Detectors and Instrumentation for Astronomy V, vol. 7741 of Proceedings of SPIE, San Diego, Calif, USA, July 2010.
- A. M. Melo, M. A. Kornberg, P. Kaufmann et al., “Metal mesh resonant filters for terahertz frequencies,” Applied Optics, vol. 47, no. 32, pp. 6064–6069, 2008.
- P. Kaufmann, “Emissões da atividade solar do submilimétrico ao infravermelho (SIRA),” FAPESP Project, 2009–2013.
- J. A. Bossard, L. Li, J. A. Smith et al., “Terahertz applications of frequency selective surfaces: analysis, design, fabrication and testing,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium with USNC/URSI National Radio Science and AMEREM Meetings, 2006.
- C. Winnewiser, F. Lewer, J. Weinzier, and H. Helm, “Transmission features of frequency selective surface compoments in the far infrared determined by terahertz time domain spectroscopy,” Applied Optics, vol. 38, no. 18, 1999.
- D. H. Kim and J. I. Choi, “Design of a multiband frequency selective surface,” ETRI Journal, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 506–508, 2006.
- K. E. Paul, C. Zhu, J. C. Love, and G. M. Whitesides, “Fabrication of mid-infrared frequency-selective surfaces by soft lithography,” Applied Optics, vol. 40, no. 25, pp. 4557–4561, 2001.
- G. D. Boreman, Infrared Antennas & Frequency Selective Surfaces, CREOL, The College of Optics & Photonics, 2011.
- L. A. Page, E. S. Cheng, B. Golubovic, J. Gundersen, and S. S. Meyer, “Millimeter-submillimeter wavelength filter system,” Applied Optics, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 11–23, 1994.
- H. A. Smith, M. Rebbert, and O. Sternberg, “Designer infrared filters using stacked metal lattices,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 82, no. 21, pp. 3605–3607, 2003.
- K. D. Möller, J. B. Warren, J. B. Heaney, and C. Kotecki, “Cross-shaped bandpass filters for the near- and mid-infrared wavelength regions,” Applied Optics, vol. 35, no. 31, pp. 6210–6215, 1996.