- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Research Letters in Physical Chemistry
Volume 2009 (2009), Article ID 146849, 5 pages
Reversible Control of Primary and Secondary Self-Assembly of Poly(4-allyloxystyrene)-Block-Polystyrene
Department of Materials Science, Toyohashi University of Technology, 1-1 Hibarigaoka, Tempaku-cho, Toyohashi, Aichi 441-8580, Japan
Received 17 February 2009; Accepted 18 May 2009
Academic Editor: Alaa Abd-El-Aziz
Copyright © 2009 Eri Yoshida and Satoshi Kuwayama. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. S. Lee, Self-Assembly and Nanotechnology: A Force Balance Approach—Part 1: Self-Assembly, Wiley-Interscience, New York, NY, USA, 2008.
- M. F. Perutz, “Hemoglobin structure and respiratory transport,” Scientific American, New Series, vol. 239, no. 6, pp. 92–125, 1978.
- P. Dustin, “Microtubules,” Scientific American, New Series, vol. 243, no. 2, pp. 59–68, 1980.
- L. J. Reed, “Multienzyme complexes,” Accounts of Chemical Research, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 40–46, 1974.
- J. N. Varghese, W. G. Laver, and P. M. Colman, “Structure of the influenza virus glycoprotein antigen neuraminidase at 2.9 Å resolution,” Nature, vol. 303, no. 5912, pp. 35–40, 1983.
- A. C. Bloomer, J. N. Champness, G. Bricogne, R. Staden, and A. Klug, “Protein disk of tobacco mosaic virus at 2.8 Å resolution showing the interactions within and between subunits,” Nature, vol. 276, no. 5686, pp. 362–368, 1978.
- K. Namba and G. Stubbs, “Structure of tobacco mosaic virus at 3.6 Å resolution: implications for assembly,” Science, vol. 231, no. 4744, pp. 1401–1406, 1986.
- P. J. Butler and A. Klug, “The assembly of a virus,” Scientific American, New Series, vol. 239, no. 5, pp. 62–69, 1978.
- S. C. Harrison, A. J. Olson, C. E. Schutt, and F. K. Winkler, “Tomato bushy stunt virus at 2.96 Å resolution,” Nature, vol. 276, no. 5686, pp. 368–373, 1978.
- S. C. Harrison, “Multiple modes of subunit association in the structures of simple spherical viruses,” Trends in Biochemical Sciences, vol. 9, no. 8, pp. 345–351, 1984.
- E. R. Kantrowitz, S. C. Pastra-Landis, and W. N. Lipscomb, “E. coli aspartate transcarbamylase—part II: structure and allosteric interactions,” Trends in Biochemical Sciences, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 150–153, 1980.
- S. Chiruvolu, S. Walker, J. Israelachvili, F.-J. Schmitt, D. Leckband, and J. A. Zasadzinski, “Higher order self-assembly of vesicles by site-specific binding,” Science, vol. 264, no. 5166, pp. 1753–1756, 1994.
- L. Zhang and A. Eisenberg, “Morphogenic effect of added ions on crew-cut aggregates of polystyrene-b-poly(acrylic acid) block copolymers in solutions,” Macromolecules, vol. 29, no. 27, pp. 8805–8815, 1996.
- M. Motornov, R. Sheparovych, R. Lupitskyy, E. MacWilliams, and S. Minko, “Responsive colloidal systems: reversible aggregation and fabrication of superhydrophobic surfaces,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 310, no. 2, pp. 481–488, 2007.
- J. Buitenhuis, J. K. G. Dhont, and H. N. W. Lekkerkerker, “Static and dynamic light scattering by concentrated colloidal suspensions of polydisperse sterically stabilized boehmite rods,” Macromolecules, vol. 27, no. 25, pp. 7267–7277, 1994.
- H. Wang, X. Chen, and C. Pan, “Linear poly(ethylenimine)-graft-poly(ethylene glycol) copolymers: their micellization and secondary assembly,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 320, no. 1, pp. 62–69, 2008.
- O. Regev, J.-F. Gohy, B. G. G. Lohmeijer, et al., “Dynamic light scattering and cryogenic transmission electron microscopy investigations on metallo-supramolecular aqueous micelles: evidence of secondary aggregation,” Colloid and Polymer Science, vol. 282, no. 4, pp. 407–411, 2004.
- P. van der Schoot, “Remarks on the association of rodlike macromolecules in dilute solution,” Journal of Physical Chemistry, vol. 96, no. 14, pp. 6083–6086, 1992.
- J. Groenewold and W. K. Kegel, “Anomalously large equilibrium clusters of colloids,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 105, no. 47, pp. 11702–11709, 2001.
- E. Yoshida and S. Kuwayama, “Micelle formation induced by photolysis of a poly(tert-butoxystyrene)-block-polystyrene diblock copolymer,” Colloid and Polymer Science, vol. 285, no. 11, pp. 1287–1291, 2007.
- D. W. Marquardt, “An algorithm for least-squares estimation of nonlinear parameters,” SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 431–441, 1963.