- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Physical Chemistry
Volume 2009 (2009), Article ID 180784, 11 pages
High-Pressure Synthesis and Study of and Ionic Solids
1Divisão de Metrologia de Materiais (DIMAT), Instituto Nacional de Metrologia, Normalização e Qualidade Industrial, Avenida Nossa Senhora das Graças 50, Xerém, Duque de Caxias, RJ, CEP 25250-020, Brazil
2Bayerisches Geoinstitut, Universität Bayreuth, 95440 Bayreuth, Germany
3Nikolaev Institute of Inorganic Chemistry SB RAS, Pr. Ac. Lavrentieva 3, 630090 Novosibirsk, Russia
4European Synchrotron Radiation Facility, BP 220, 38043 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
Received 2 April 2008; Revised 19 August 2008; Accepted 16 October 2008
Academic Editor: Lowell D. Kispert
Copyright © 2009 A. Yu. Kuznetsov et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. J. Hemley, “Effects of high pressure on molecules,” Annual Review of Physical Chemistry, vol. 51, no. 1, pp. 763–800, 2000.
- A. F. Goncharov, E. Gregoryanz, H.-K. Mao, Z. Liu, and R. J. Hemley, “Optical evidence for a nonmolecular phase of nitrogen above 150 GPa,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 85, no. 6, pp. 1262–1265, 2000.
- M. I. Eremets, R. J. Hemley, H.-K. Mao, and E. Gregoryanz, “Semiconducting non-molecular nitrogen up to 240 GPa and its low-pressure stability,” Nature, vol. 411, no. 6834, pp. 170–174, 2001.
- F. Zahariev, A. Hu, J. Hooper, F. Zhang, and T. Woo, “Layered single-bonded nonmolecular phase of nitrogen from first-principles simulation,” Physical Review B, vol. 72, no. 21, Article ID 214108, 6 pages, 2005.
- S. Desgreniers, Y. K. Vohra, and A. L. Ruoff, “Optical response of very high density solid oxygen to 132 GPa,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry, vol. 94, no. 3, pp. 1117–1122, 1990.
- V. Iota, C. S. Yoo, and H. Cynn, “Quartzlike carbon dioxide: an optically nonlinear extended solid at high pressures and temperatures,” Science, vol. 283, no. 5407, pp. 1510–1513, 1999.
- M. J. Lipp, W. J. Evans, B. J. Baer, and C.-S. Yoo, “High-energy-density extended CO solid,” Nature Materials, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 211–215, 2005.
- J. B. Torrance, J. E. Vazquez, J. J. Mayerle, and V. Y. Lee, “Discovery of a neutral-to-ionic phase transition in organic materials,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 46, no. 4, pp. 253–257, 1981.
- J. B. Torrance, A. Girlando, J. J. Mayerle, et al., “Anomalous nature of neutral-to-ionic phase transition in tetrathiafulvalene-chloranil,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 47, no. 24, pp. 1747–1750, 1981.
- R. J. Hemley, Z. G. Soos, M. Hanfland, and H.-K. Mao, “Charge-transfer states in dense hydrogen,” Nature, vol. 369, no. 6479, pp. 384–387, 1994.
- R. J. Hemley and H. K. Mao, “Phase transition in solid molecular hydrogen at ultrahigh pressures,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 61, no. 7, pp. 857–860, 1988.
- M. Hanfland, R. J. Hemley, and H.-K. Mao, “Novel infrared vibron absorption in solid hydrogen at megabar pressures,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 70, no. 24, pp. 3760–3763, 1993.
- L. Parts and J. T. Miller, Jr., “Nitrosonium nitrate. Isolation at - and infrared spectra of the polymorphic compound,” The Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 136–139, 1965.
- F. Bolduan, H. J. Jodl, and A. Loewenschuss, “Raman study of solid : temperature induced autoionization,” The Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 80, no. 5, pp. 1739–1743, 1984.
- S. F. Agnew, B. I. Swanson, L. H. Jones, R. L. Mills, and D. Schiferl, “Chemistry of at high pressure: observation of a reversible transformation between molecular and ionic crystalline forms,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry, vol. 87, no. 25, pp. 5065–5068, 1983.
- S. F. Agnew, B. I. Swanson, L. H. Jones, and R. L. Mills, “Disproportionation of nitric oxide at high pressure,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry, vol. 89, no. 9, pp. 1678–1682, 1985.
- M. Somayazulu, A. Madduri, A. F. Goncharov, et al., “Novel broken symmetry phase from at high pressures and high temperatures,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 87, no. 13, Article ID 135504, 4 pages, 2001.
- C. S. Yoo, V. Iota, H. Cynn, et al., “Disproportionation and other transformations of at high pressures and temperatures to lower energy, denser phases,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 107, no. 24, pp. 5922–5925, 2003.
- Y. Song, R. J. Hemley, H.-K. Mao, Z. Liu, and D. R. Herschbach, “New phases of at high pressures and high temperatures,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 382, no. 5-6, pp. 686–692, 2003.
- Y. Song, M. Somayazulu, H.-K. Mao, R. J. Hemley, and D. R. Herschbach, “High-pressure structure and equation of state study of nitrosonium nitrate from synchrotron x-ray diffraction,” The Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 118, no. 18, pp. 8350–8356, 2003.
- Y. Song, R. J. Hemley, Z. Liu, M. Somayazulu, H.-K. Mao, and D. R. Herschbach, “High-pressure stability, transformations, and vibrational dynamics of nitrosonium nitrate from synchrotron infrared and Raman spectroscopy,” The Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 119, no. 4, pp. 2232–2240, 2003.
- A. Yu. Kuznetsov, J. S. de Almeida, L. Dubrovinsky, et al., “High-pressure synthesis and physical properties of an orthorhombic phase of chromium dioxide,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 99, no. 5, Article ID 053909, 7 pages, 2006.
- D. Sihachakr and P. Loubeyre, “High-pressure transformation of mixtures into ionic compounds,” Physical Review B, vol. 74, no. 6, Article ID 064113, 6 pages, 2006.
- Y. Meng, R. B. Von Dreele, B. H. Toby, et al., “Hard x-ray radiation induced dissociation of and molecules and the formation of ionic nitrogen oxide phases under pressure,” Physical Review B, vol. 74, no. 21, Article ID 214107, 5 pages, 2006.
- L. S. Dubrovinsky and S. K. Saxena, “Emissivity measurements on some metals and oxides using multiwavelength spectral radiometry,” High Temperatures-High Pressures, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 393–399, 1999.
- A. A. Coelho, “TOPAS-Academic,” User Manual, 2005, http://members.optusnet.com.au/~alancoelho.
- A. P. Hammersley, S. O. Svensson, M. Hanfland, A. N. Fitch, and D. Häusermann, “Two-dimensional detector software: from real detector to idealised image or two-theta scan,” High Pressure Research, vol. 14, no. 4-5, pp. 235–248, 1996.
- B. J. Baer and M. Nicol, “High-pressure binary phase diagram of - at 295 K determined by Raman spectroscopy,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry, vol. 94, no. 3, pp. 1073–1078, 1990.
- M. Minenko, J. Kreutz, T. Hupprich, and H.-J. Jodl, “Raman investigation of the - binary system as a function of pressure and temperature,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 108, no. 20, pp. 6429–6440, 2004.
- W. G. Fateley, N. T. McDevitt, and F. F. Bentley, “Infrared and Raman selection rules for lattice vibrations: the correlation method,” Applied Spectroscopy, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 155–173, 1971.
- D. L. Rousseau, R. P. Bauman, and S. P. S. Porto, “Normal mode determination in crystals,” Journal of Raman Spectroscopy, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 253–290, 1981.
- R. Durman, U. A. Jayasooriya, and S. F. A. Kettle, “Single crystal vibrational spectroscopy: an alternative procedure for the application of the factor group method in different crystal settings,” The Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 83, no. 11, pp. 5501–5505, 1985.
- J. P. R. de Villiers, “Crystal structures of aragonite, strontianite, and witherite,” The American Mineralogist, vol. 56, pp. 758–767, 1971.
- U. A. Jayasooriya and S. F. A. Kettle, “Lattice vibrations in relatively complicated crystal structures: aragonite,” Physical Review B, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 2227–2231, 1984.
- E. Grison, K. Eriks, and J. L. de Vries, “Structure cristalline de l'anhydride azotique, ,” Acta Crystallographica, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 290–294, 1950.
- W. W. Wilson and K. O. Christe, “Dinitrogen pentoxide. New synthesis and laser raman spectrum,” Inorganic Chemistry, vol. 26, no. 10, pp. 1631–1633, 1987.
- J. Trofimova, G. Spieß, and T. M. Klapötke, “Synthesis and Raman spectra of dinitrogen pentoxide, ,” The Internet Journal of Vibrational Spectroscopy, vol. 2, pp. 50–56, 1998.
- A. Simon, J. Horakh, A. Obermeyer, and H. Borrmann, “Crystalline nitrogen oxides—crystal structure of and a remark concerning the crystal structure of ,” Angewandte Chemie, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 301–303, 1992.
- M. H. Brooker, “Raman evidence for thermally disordered energy states in various phases of ionic nitrates,” The Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 68, no. 1, pp. 67–73, 1978.
- S. V. Karpov and A. A. Shultin, “Investigation of the dynamics of orientational disordering of NANO//3 crystal in the pre-transition region,” Soviet Physics-Solid State, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 421–423, 1976.
- S. V. Karpov and A. A. Shultin, “Orientational melting and pretransition phenomena in ordered phases of cesium and rubidium nitrates,” Soviet Physics-Solid State, vol. 17, pp. 1915–1918, 1976.