- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Physical Chemistry
Volume 2009 (2009), Article ID 309292, 9 pages
Electron-Collision-Induced Dissociative Ionization Cross Sections for Silane
1Department of Physics, Janta Vedic College, Baraut-250 611 (Baghpat), India
2Department of Physics, M.M.H. College, Ghaziabad-201001 (UP), India
Received 8 September 2008; Accepted 12 February 2009
Academic Editor: Frantisek Tureček
Copyright © 2009 Satyendra Pal et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. L. Morgan, “A critical evaluation of low-energy electron impact cross sections for plasma processing modeling. II: , , and ,” Plasma Chemistry and Plasma Processing, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 477–493, 1992.
- P. Kae-Nune, J. Perrin, J. Guillon, and J. Jolly, “Mass spectrometry detection of radicals in -- glow discharge plasmas,” Plasma Sources Science and Technology, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 250–259, 1995.
- J. W. Gallagher, C. E. Brion, J. A. R. Samson, and P. W. Langhoff, “Absolute cross sections for molecular photoabsorption, partial photoionization, and ionic photofragmentation processes,” Journal of Physical and Chemical Reference Data, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 9–153, 1988.
- R. D. Johnson III, B. P. Tsai, and J. W. Hudgens, “Multiphoton ionization of and radicals: electronic spectra, vibrational analyses of the ground and Rydberg states, and ionization potentials,” The Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 91, no. 6, pp. 3340–3359, 1989.
- G. Cooper, T. Ibuki, and C. E. Brion, “Absolute oscillator strengths for photoabsorption, photoionization and ionic photofragmentation of silane. II. The Si 2p and 2s inner shells,” Chemical Physics, vol. 140, no. 1, pp. 147–155, 1990.
- G. Cooper, T. Ibuki, and C. E. Brion, “Absolute oscillator strengths for photoabsorption, photoionization and ionic photofragmentation of silane. I. The valence shell,” Chemical Physics, vol. 140, no. 1, pp. 133–145, 1990.
- J. Perrin, J. P. M. Schmitt, G. de Rosny, B. Drevillon, J. Huc, and A. Lloret, “Dissociation cross sections of silane and disilane by electron impact,” Chemical Physics, vol. 73, no. 3, pp. 383–394, 1982.
- H. Chatham, D. Hils, R. Robertson, and A. Gallagher, “Total and partial electron collisional ionization cross sections for , , , and ,” The Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 81, no. 4, pp. 1770–1777, 1984.
- E. Krishnakumar and S. K. Srivastava, “Ionization cross sections of silane and disilane by electron impact,” Contributions to Plasma Physics, vol. 35, no. 4-5, pp. 395–404, 1995.
- R. Basner, M. Schmidt, V. Tarnovsky, K. Becker, and H. Deutsch, “Dissociative ionization of silane by electron impact,” International Journal of Mass Spectrometry and Ion Processes, vol. 171, no. 1–3, pp. 83–93, 1998.
- P. Haaland, “Dissociative ionization of silane,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 170, no. 2-3, pp. 146–152, 1990.
- J. D. Morrison and J. C. Traeger, “Ionization and dissociation by electron impact III. and ,” International Journal of Mass Spectrometry and Ion Physics, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 289–300, 1973.
- M. A. Ali, Y.-K. Kim, W. Hwang, N. M. Weinberger, and M. E. Rudd, “Electron-impact total ionization cross sections of silicon and germanium hydrides,” The Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 106, no. 23, pp. 9602–9608, 1997.
- S. P. Khare, S. Prakash, and W. J. Meath, “Dissociative ionization of and O molecules by electron impact,” International Journal of Mass Spectrometry and Ion Processes, vol. 88, no. 2-3, pp. 299–308, 1989.
- H. Deutsch, K. Becker, S. Matt, and T. D. Märk, “Theoretical determination of absolute electron-impact ionization cross sections of molecules,” International Journal of Mass Spectrometry, vol. 197, no. 1–3, pp. 37–69, 2000.
- K. N. Joshipura, B. G. Vaishnav, and S. Gangopadhyay, “Electron impact ionization cross-sections of plasma relevant and astrophysical silicon compounds: , , , SiO, , SiN and SiS,” International Journal of Mass Spectrometry, vol. 261, no. 2-3, pp. 146–151, 2007.
- M. Vinodkumar, C. Limbachiya, K. Korot, and K. N. Joshipura, “Theoretical electron impact elastic, ionization and total cross sections for silicon hydrides, () and disilane, from threshold to 5 keV,” The European Physical Journal D, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 333–342, 2008.
- S. Pal, “Determination of single differential and partial cross-sections for the production of cations in electron-methanol collision,” Chemical Physics, vol. 302, no. 1–3, pp. 119–124, 2004.
- S. Pal, J. Kumar, and T. D. Märk, “Differential, partial and total electron impact ionization cross sections for ,” The Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 120, no. 10, pp. 4658–4663, 2004.
- P. Bhatt and S. Pal, “Determination of cross sections and rate coefficients for the electron impact dissociation of ,” Chemical Physics, vol. 327, no. 2-3, pp. 452–456, 2006.
- S. Pal, “Differential and partial ionization cross sections for electron impact ionization of plasma processing molecules: and ,” Physica Scripta, vol. 77, no. 5, Article ID 055304, 7 pages, 2008.
- M. Capitelli, R. Celiberto, and M. Cocciatore, “Needs for cross sections in plasma chemistry,” Advances in Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics, vol. 33, pp. 321–372, 1994.
- T. Fujimoto, “Semi-empirical cross sections and rate coefficients for excitation and ionization by electron collision and photoionization of Helium,” Institute of Plasma Physics Report, IIPJ-AM-8, Nagoya University, Nagoya, Japan, 1978.
- S. Pal and S. Prakash, “Partial differential cross sections for the ionization of the molecule by electron impact,” Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 297–301, 1998.
- M. Inokuti, “Inelastic collisions of fast charged particles with atoms and molecules—the bethe theory revisited,” Reviews of Modern Physics, vol. 43, no. 3, pp. 297–347, 1971.
- H. Deutsch, K. Becker, G. Senn, S. Matt, and T. D. Märk, “Calculation of cross sections and rate coefficients for the electron impact multiple ionization of beryllium, boron, carbon, and oxygen atoms,” International Journal of Mass Spectrometry, vol. 192, no. 1–3, pp. 1–8, 1999.
- J. Berkowitz, J. P. Greene, H. Cho, and B. Ruščić, “Photoionization mass spectrometric studies of (=1–4),” The Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 86, no. 3, pp. 1235–1248, 1987.
- N. O. J. Malcolm and D. L. Yeager, “Purely theoretical electron-impact ionization cross-sections of silicon hydrides and silicon fluorides obtained from explicitly correlated methods,” The Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 113, no. 1, pp. 8–17, 2000.
- T. D. Märk, “Ionization of molecules by electron impact,” in Electron-Molecule Interactions and Their Applications, L. G. Christophorou, Ed., vol. 1, pp. 251–334, Academic Press, Orlando, Fla, USA, 1984.
- “Secondary electron spectra by charged particles interactions,” ICRU Report 55, International Commission on Radiation Units and Measurements, Bethesda, Md, USA, 1996.
- P. G. Burke, “Theory of electron scattering by atoms, ions and molecules,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Atomic and Molecular Data and Their Applications (ICAMDATA '00), K. A. Berrington and K. L. Bell, Eds., pp. 155–177, AIOP, Oxford, UK, March 2000.