- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Physical Chemistry
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 289371, 11 pages
Combined Electrostatic-Covalent Building of Au NPs Multilayers and Their Size-Enhanced Cohesive and SERS Properties
Institut de Science des Matériaux de Mulhouse, IS2M-CNRS/UHA, 15 Rue Jean Starcky, 68057 Mulhouse, France
Received 21 September 2010; Revised 9 November 2010; Accepted 30 December 2010
Academic Editor: Konstantin Neyman
Copyright © 2010 K. Mougin et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. P. Camden, J. A. Dieringer, J. Zhao, and R. P. Van Duyne, “Controlled plasmonic nanostructures for surface-enhanced spectroscopy and sensing,” Accounts of Chemical Research, vol. 41, no. 12, pp. 1653–1661, 2008.
- J. Tien, A. Terfort, and G. M. Whitesides, “Microfabrication through electrostatic self-assembly,” Langmuir, vol. 13, no. 20, pp. 5349–5355, 1997.
- T. Kraus, L. Malaquin, H. Schmid, W. Riess, N. D. Spencer, and H. Wolf, “Nanoparticle printing with single-particle resolution,” Nature Nanotechnology, vol. 2, no. 9, pp. 570–576, 2007.
- P. J. G. Goulet, D. S. dos Santos Jr., R. A. Alvarez-Puebla, O. N. Oliveira, and R. F. Aroca, “Surface-enhanced raman scattering on dendrimer/metallic nanoparticle layer-by-layer film substrates,” Langmuir, vol. 21, no. 12, pp. 5576–5581, 2005.
- X. Li, W. Xu, J. Zhang et al., “Self-assembled metal colloid films: two approaches for preparing new SERS active substrates,” Langmuir, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 1298–1304, 2004.
- B. R. Cuenya, S. H. Baeck, T. F. Jaramillo, and E. W. McFarland, “Size- and support-dependent electronic and catalytic properties of Au /Au nanoparticles synthesized from Block Copolymer Micelles,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 125, no. 42, pp. 12928–12934, 2003.
- M. B. Cortie and E. van der Lingen, “Catalytic gold nano-particles,” Materials Forum, vol. 26, pp. 1–14, 2002.
- M. C. Daniel and D. Astruc, “Gold nanoparticles: assembly, supramolecular chemistry, quantum-size-related properties, and applications toward biology, catalysis, and nanotechnology,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 104, no. 1, pp. 293–346, 2004.
- R. K. Iler, “Multilayers of colloidal particles,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 569–594, 1966.
- E. Leguen, A. Chassepot, G. Decher, P. Schaaf, J. C. Voegel, and N. Jessel, “Bioactive coatings based on polyelectrolyte multilayer architectures functionalized by embedded proteins, peptides or drugs,” Biomolecular Engineering, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 33–41, 2007.
- X. Hu, W. Cheng, T. Wang, Y. Wang, E. Wang, and S. Dong, “Fabrication, characterization, and application in SERS of self-assembled polyelectrolyte—gold nanorod multilayered films,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 109, no. 41, pp. 19385–19389, 2005.
- G. Frens, “Controlled nucletion for the regulation of the particle size in monodiperse gold suspensions,” Nature, vol. 241, pp. 20–22, 1973.
- M. Dragoman and D. Dragoman, “Plasmonics: Applications to nanoscale terahertz and optical devices,” Progress in Quantum Electronics, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 1–41, 2008.
- K. C. Grabar, K. J. Allison, B. E. Baker et al., “Two-dimensional arrays of colloidal gold particles: a flexible approach to macroscopic metal surfaces,” Langmuir, vol. 12, no. 10, pp. 2353–2361, 1996.
- P. B. Johnson and R. W. Christy, “Optical constants of the noble metals,” Physical Review B, vol. 6, no. 12, pp. 4370–4379, 1972.
- T. Somanathan and A. Pandurangan, “Direct synthesis of vanadium substituted mesoporous MCM-41 molecular sieves: a systematic study for the growth of SWNTs,” Journal of Porous Materials, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 657–665, 2009.
- B. R. Cuenya, S. H. Baeck, T. F. Jaramillo, and E. W. McFarland, “Size- and support-dependent electronic and catalytic properties of Au /Au nanoparticles synthesized from block copolymer micelles,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 125, no. 42, pp. 12928–12934, 2003.
- S. Darwich, K. Mougin, and H. Haidara, “Complex aggregation patterns in drying nanocolloidal suspensions: size matters when it comes to the thermomechanical stability of nanoparticle-based structures,” Langmuir, vol. 26, no. 22, pp. 16928–16933, 2010.
- G. Laurent, N. Félidj, J. Grand et al., “Raman scattering images and spectra of gold ring arrays,” Physical Review B, vol. 73, no. 24, Article ID 245417, 2006.