- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Physical Chemistry
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 798419, 8 pages
Stimulated Raman Adiabatic Passage in a Dense Medium
1Faculty of Sciences, Holon Institute of Technology, 52 Golomb Steet, Holon 58102, Israel
2Raymond and Beverly Sackler Faculty of Exact Sciences, School of Chemistry, Tel-Aviv University, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel
Received 11 September 2010; Accepted 23 October 2010
Academic Editor: Kenneth Ruud
Copyright © 2010 B. D. Fainberg and B. Levinsky. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- V. L. Bogdanov and V. P. Klochkov, “Hot luminescence and vibrational relaxation in complex molecules with diffuse spectra,” Optics and Spectroscopy, vol. 44, no. 4, pp. 412–416, 1978.
- V. L. Bogdanov and V. P. Klochkov, “Luminescence from higher excited states and vibrational relaxation of polyatomic molecules in solutions,” Optics and Spectroscopy, vol. 45, pp. 51–54, 1978.
- V. L. Bogdanov and V. P. Klochkov, “Effect of temperature and medium on secondary luminescence of 1,2-benzanthracene during excitation of higher electronic states,” Optics and Spectroscopy, vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 41–45, 1982.
- S. A. Kovalenko, J. Ruthmann, and N. P. Ernsting, “Ultrafast stokes shift and excited-state transient absorption of coumarin 153 in solution,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 271, no. 1–3, pp. 40–50, 1997.
- B. D. Fainberg and V. A. Gorbunov, “Adiabatic passage in a three-state system with non-Markovian relaxation: the role of excited-state absorption and two-exciton processes,” Journal of Physical Chemistry A, vol. 111, no. 38, pp. 9560–9569, 2007.
- M. Kasha, “Characterization of electronic transitions in complex molecules,” Discussions of the Faraday Society, vol. 9, pp. 14–19, 1950.
- M. J. Bearpark, F. Bernardi, S. Clifford et al., “The azulene S1 state decays via a conical intersection: a CASSCF study with MMVB dynamics,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 118, no. 1, pp. 169–175, 1996.
- D. Huppert, J. Jortner, and P. M. Rentzepis, “Laser excited emission spectroscopy of azulene in the gas phase,” The Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 56, no. 10, pp. 4826–4833, 1972.
- J. M. Friedman and R. M. Hochstrasser, “Moderately high resolution fluorecence spectrum of the S1 → S0 transition of azulene,” Chemical Physics, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 145–154, 1974.
- G. D. Gillispie and E. C. Lim, “S2→S1 fluorescence of azulene in a Shpol'skii matrix,” The Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 65, no. 10, pp. 4314–4316, 1976.
- M. Dierksen and S. Grimme, “Density functional calculations of the vibronic structure of electronic absorption spectra,” Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 120, no. 8, pp. 3544–3554, 2004.
- K. Bergmann, H. Theuer, and B. W. Shore, “Coherent population transfer among quantum states of atoms and molecules,” Reviews of Modern Physics, vol. 70, no. 3, pp. 1003–1025, 1998.
- N. V. Vitanov, T. Halfmann, B. W. Shore, and K. Bergmann, “Laser-induced population transfer by adiabatic passage techniques,” Annual Review of Physical Chemistry, vol. 52, pp. 763–809, 2001.
- E. M. Graefe, H. J. Korsch, and D. Witthaut, “Mean-field dynamics of a Bose-Einstein condensate in a time-dependent triple-well trap: nonlinear eigenstates, Landau-Zener models, and stimulated Raman adiabatic passage,” Physical Review A, vol. 73, no. 1, Article ID 013617, 2006.
- A. A. Rangelov, N. V. Vitanov, L. P. Yatsenko, B. W. Shore, T. Halfmann, and K. Bergmann, “Stark-shift-chirped rapid-adiabatic-passage technique among three states,” Physical Review A, vol. 72, no. 5, Article ID 053403, 2005.
- E. A. Shapiro, A. Pe'er, J. Ye, and M. Shapiro, “Piecewise adiabatic population transfer in a molecule via a wave packet,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 101, no. 2, Article ID 023601, 2008.
- V. S. Malinovsky, J. Santamaría, and I. R. Solá, “Controlling non-Franck-condon transitions: counterintuitive schemes of population transfer in the adiabatic and strong adiabatic regimes,” Journal of Physical Chemistry A, vol. 107, no. 40, pp. 8259–8270, 2003.
- J. González-Vázquez, I. R. Sola, and J. Santamaría, “Adiabatic passage by light-induced potentials in polyatomic molecules,” Journal of Physical Chemistry A, vol. 110, no. 4, pp. 1586–1593, 2006.
- V. Kurkal and S. A. Rice, “Sensitivity of the extended STIRAP method of selective population transfer to coupling to background states,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 105, no. 28, pp. 6488–6494, 2001.
- T. Cheng, H. Darmawan, and A. Brown, “Stimulated Raman adiabatic passage in molecules: the effects of background states,” Physical Review A, vol. 75, no. 1, Article ID 013411, 2007.
- T. Nakajima, M. Elk, J. Zhang, and P. Lambropoulos, “Population transfer through the continuum,” Physical Review A, vol. 50, no. 2, pp. R913–R916, 1994.
- S. Mukamel, Principles of Nonlinear Optical Spectroscopy, Oxford University Press, New York, NY, USA, 1995.
- V. Malyshev and P. Moreno, “Mirrorless optical bistability of linear molecular aggregates,” Physical Review A, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 416–423, 1996.
- G. Y. Slepyan, A. Magyarov, S. A. Maksimenko, A. Hoffmann, and D. Bimberg, “Rabi oscillations in a semiconductor quantum dot: influence of local fields,” Physical Review B, vol. 70, no. 4, Article ID 045320, 2004.
- M. E. Crenshaw, M. Scalora, and C. M. Bowden, “Ultrafast intrinsic optical switching in a dense medium of two-level atoms,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 68, no. 7, pp. 911–914, 1992.
- A. A. Batista and D. S. Citrin, “Rabi flopping in a two-level system with a time-dependent energy renormalization: intersubband transitions in quantum wells,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 92, no. 12, Article ID 127404, 2004.
- R. Unanyan, S. Guérin, B. W. Shore, and K. Bergmann, “Efficient population transfer by delayed pulses despite coupling ambiguity,” European Physical Journal D, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 443–449, 2000.
- F. T. Hioe and J. H. Eberly, “N-level coherence vector and higher conservation laws in quantum optics and quantum mechanics,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 47, no. 12, pp. 838–841, 1981.
- S. Guérin, L. P. Yatsenko, T. Halfmann, B. W. Shore, and K. Bergmann, “Stimulated hyper-Raman adiabatic passage, II. Static compensation of dynamic Stark shifts,” Physical Review A, vol. 58, no. 6, pp. 4691–4704, 1998.