- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Physical Chemistry
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 210802, 5 pages
Transport of Carbon Dioxide through a Biomimetic Membrane
1Faculty of Physics, Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski”, 5 James Bourchier Boulerard, 1164 Sofia, Bulgaria
2Faculty of Chemistry, Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski”, 1 James Bourchier Boulerard, 1164 Sofia, Bulgaria
Received 30 September 2010; Revised 15 June 2011; Accepted 5 July 2011
Academic Editor: Jan Skov Pedersen
Copyright © 2011 Efstathios Matsaridis et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. Matsaridis, “Application potential of polymer-based membranes,” Annuaire de l'Université “St. Kliment Ohridski”, vol. 99, pp. 103–120, 2006.
- E. Matsaridis, K. Beev, and V. Savov, “Ion selective electrode for ascorbic acid with biomimetic impregnated nitroacetate-cellulose ultrafilter membrane,” in Proceedings of the Meetings in Physics at University of Sofia, vol. 3, pp. 49–54, 2002.
- E. Matsaridis, K. Beev, and V. Savov, “Impregnated ultrafilter membrane electrode for uric acid in biological fluids,” Annual of St. Kliment Ohridski University of Sofia, Faculty of Physics, vol. 95, pp. 56–62, 2002.
- N. M. Kocherginsky, Liu K. K., and H. M. Swartz, Biofunctional Membranes, Plenum Press, New York, NY, USA, 1996.
- N. M. Kocherginsky, Yu. Sh. Moshkovsky, I. S. Osak, and L. A. Piruzian, “The model of biological membrane for the investigation of biologically active compounds,” Author Certificate (Patent) USSR no. 1043564, 1983.
- A. Ilani, “Frequency-dependent capacitance of hydrophobic membranes containing fixed negative charges,” Biophysical Journal, vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 556–574, 1968.
- E. Shohami and A. Ilani, “Model hydrophobic ion exchange membrane,” Biophysical Journal, vol. 13, no. 11, pp. 1242–1260, 1973.
- Y. Kobatake, A. Irimajiri, and N. Matsumoto, “Studies of electric capacitance of membranes. I. A model membrane composed of a filter paper and a lipid analogue,” Biophysical Journal, vol. 10, no. 8, pp. 728–744, 1970.
- M. Yoshida, Y. Kobatake, M. Hashimoto, and S. Morita, “Studies of electric capacitance of membranesII. Conformational change in a model membrane composed of a filter paper and a lipid analogue,” The Journal of Membrane Biology, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 185–199, 1971.
- N. M. Kocherginsky, I. S. Osak, L.E. Bromberg, V. A. Karyagin, and Y. S. Moshkovsky, “The modeling of biological membrane properties by means of filters impregated with lipid like substances,” Journal of Membrane Science, vol. 30, pp. 39–46, 1987.
- R. B. Gennis, Biomembranes: Molecular Structure and Function, Springer, 1989.
- B. Alberts, A. Johnson, D. Bray, et al., Molecular Biology of the Cell, Garland Publishing, New York, NY, USA, 2002.
- H. Lodish, A. Berk, P. Matsudaira, et al., Molecular Cell Biology, 5th, W. H. Freeman and Company, New York, NY, USA, 2003.
- D. L. Nelson and M. M. Cox, Lehninger Principles of Biochemistry, W. H. Freeman and Company, New York, NY, USA, 2005.
- N. M. Kocherginsky, L. E. Bromberg, and G. S. Leskin, “Permeability of impregnated filters to oxygen and carbon dioxide,” Russian Journal of Physical Chemistry, vol. 61, pp. 838–842, 1987.
- N. M. Kocherginsky and V. F. Lvovich, “Biomimetic membranes with aqueous nano chanels but without proteins: impedance of impregnated cellulose ester filters,” Langmuir, vol. 26, no. 23, pp. 18209–18218, 2010.
- O. San and C. Ösgür , “Investigation of a high stable β-cristobalite ceramic powder from CaO-Al2O3-SiO2 system,” Journal of the European Ceramic Society, vol. 29, no. 14, pp. 2945–2949, 2009.
- H. Stöcker, Ed., Taschenbuch der Physik, Thun, Frankfurt am Main, Germany, 1994.
- S. Gutzov, G. Ahmed, N. Petkova, E. Füglein, and I. Petkov, “Preparation and optical properties of samarium doped sol-gel materials,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 354, no. 29, pp. 3438–3442, 2008.