- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Physical Chemistry
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 247320, 5 pages
Synthesis of Mixed Rb-Zn Ferrites by Novel Solution Combustion Method and Investigation on Their Microstructural Properties
Department of Chemistry, UGC Sponsored Centre for Advanced Studies, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar 143001, India
Received 9 October 2011; Revised 30 November 2011; Accepted 30 November 2011
Academic Editor: Benjaram M. Reddy
Copyright © 2011 Manik Gupta and Balwinder S. Randhawa. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Min, M. Akbulut, K. Kristiansen, Y. Golan, and J. Israelachvili, “The role of interparticle and external forces in nanoparticle assembly,” Nature Materials, vol. 7, no. 7, pp. 527–538, 2008.
- S. Licht, B. Wang, and S. Ghosh, “Energetic iron(VI) chemistry: the super-iron battery,” Science, vol. 285, no. 5430, pp. 1039–1042, 1999.
- A. Hagfeld and M. Grätzel, “Light-induced redox reactions in nanocrystalline systems,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 95, no. 1, pp. 49–68, 1995.
- V. K. Sankaranarayanan, O. Prakash, R. P. Pant, and M. Islam, “Lithium ferrite nanoparticles for ferrofluid applications,” Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, vol. 252, pp. 7–9, 2002.
- M. Tabuchi, K. Ado, H. Sakaebe, C. Masquelier, H. Kageyema, and O. Nakamumo, “Preparation of AFeO2 (A = Li, Na) by hydrothermal method,” Solid State Ionics, vol. 79, p. 220, 1995.
- H. M. Widatallah, C. Johnson, and F. J. Berry, “The influence of ball milling and subsequent calcination on the formation of LiFeO2,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 37, no. 21, pp. 4621–4625, 2002.
- D. L. Leslie-Pelecky and R. D. Rieke, “Magnetic properties of nanostructured materials,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 8, no. 8, pp. 1770–1783, 1996.
- C. K. Lim, Y. S. Kim, N. Y. Park, and J. Lee, “Multibit MRAM using a pair of memory cells,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 41, no. 10, pp. 2670–2672, 2005.
- A. Ahniyaz, T. Fujiwara, S. W. Song, and M. Yoshimura, “Low temperature preparation of β-LiFe5O8 fine particles by hydrothermal ball milling,” Solid State Ionics, vol. 151, no. 1–4, pp. 419–423, 2002.
- G. Bonsdorf, H. Langbein, and K. Knese, “Investigations into phase formation of LiFe5O8 from decomposed freeze-dried Li-Fe-formates,” Materials Research Bulletin, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 175–181, 1995.
- Z. C. Xu, “Magnetic anisotropy and Mössbauer spectra in disordered lithium-zinc ferrites,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 93, no. 8, pp. 4746–4749, 2003.
- A. C. F. M. Costa, E. Tortella, M. R. Morelli, M. Kaufman, and R. H. G. A. Kiminami, “Effect of heating conditions during combustion synthesis on the characteristics of Ni0.5Zn0.5Fe2O2 nanopowders,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 37, no. 17, pp. 3569–3572, 2002.
- B. S. Randhawa, H. S. Dosanjh, and N. Kumar, “Mössbauer effect studies on mixed lithium-zinc ferrites prepared by solution combustion method,” Hyperfine Interactions, vol. 183, no. 1–3, pp. 45–48, 2008.
- A. Kumar, J. J. Shrotri, S. D. Kulkarni, C. E. Deshpande, and S. K. Date, “Low temperature synthesis of Ni0.8Zn0.2Fe2O4 powder and its characterization,” Materials Letters, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 293–296, 1996.
- B. S. Randhawa, M. Gupta, H. S. Dosanjh, and N. Kumar, “Physico-chemical investigation on mixed alkali metal ferrites prepared by solution combustion method—a comparative study,” Ceramics International, vol. 37, no. 7, pp. 2207–2213, 2011.
- M. Gupta and B. S. Randhawa, “Mössbauer, magnetic and electric studies on mixed Rb-Zn ferrites prepared by solution combustion method,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 130, no. 1-2, pp. 513–518, 2011.
- N. Z. Ali, J. Nuss, D. Sheptyakov, and M. Jansen, “The AFeO2 (A = K, Rb and Cs) family: a comparative study of structures and structural phase transitions,” Journal of Solid State Chemistry, vol. 183, no. 3, pp. 752–759, 2010.
- R. D. Waldron, “Infrared spectra of ferrites,” Physical Review, vol. 99, no. 6, pp. 1727–1735, 1955.
- J. Preudhomme and P. Tarte, “Infrared studies of spinels-I. A critical discussion of the actual interpretations,” Spectrochimica Acta Part A, vol. 27, no. 7, pp. 961–968, 1971.
- E. Wolska, P. Piszora, W. Nowicki, and J. Darul, “Vibrational spectra of lithium ferrites: infrared spectroscopic studies of Mn-substituted LiFe5O8,” International Journal of Inorganic Materials, vol. 3, no. 6, pp. 503–507, 2001.
- A. A. Yousif, M. E. Elzain, S. A. Mazen, H. H. Sutherland, M. H. Abdalla, and S. F. Masour, “A Mossbauer and X-ray diffraction investigation of Li-Ti ferrites,” Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter, vol. 6, no. 29, pp. 5717–5724, 1994.
- P. Reddy, B. Ramesh, and C. Gopal Reddy, “Electrical conductivity and dielectric properties of zinc substituted lithium ferrites prepared by sol-gel method,” Physica B, vol. 405, no. 7, pp. 1852–1856, 2010.
- J. Smit, Ferrites: Physical Properties of Ferromagnetic Oxides in Relation to Their Technical Applications, Wiley InterScience, New York, NY, USA, 1959.
- H. P. Klug and L. E. Alexander, X-Ray Diffraction Procedures, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1974.