- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Physical Chemistry
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 407480, 6 pages
Nanoparticles as Anode Catalyst for Ethane Proton Conducting Fuel Cell Reactors to Coproduce Ethylene and Electricity
Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, T6G 2G6, Canada
Received 15 May 2011; Accepted 22 July 2011
Academic Editor: Milan M. Jaksic
Copyright © 2011 Jian-Hui Li et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. Fabbri, D. Pergolesi, and E. Traversa, “Electrode materials: a challenge for the exploitation of protonic solid oxide fuel cells,” Science and Technology of Advanced Materials, vol. 11, no. 4, article 044301, 2010.
- K. Katahira, Y. Kohchi, T. Shimura, and H. Iwahara, “Protonic conduction in Zr-substituted BaCeO3,” Solid State Ionics, vol. 138, no. 1-2, pp. 91–98, 2000.
- Y. Guo, Y. Lin, R. Ran, and Z. Shao, “Zirconium doping effect on the performance of proton-conducting BaZryCe0.8-yY0.2O3-δ for fuel cell applications,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 193, no. 2, pp. 400–407, 2009.
- F. Cavani, N. Ballarini, and A. Cericola, “Oxidative dehydrogenation of ethane and propane: how far from commercial implementation?” Catalysis Today, vol. 127, no. 1–4, pp. 113–131, 2007.
- D. Akporiaye, S. F. Jensen, U. Olsbye et al., “A novel, highly efficient catalyst for propane dehydrogenation,” Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, vol. 40, no. 22, pp. 4741–4748, 2001.
- X. Z. Fu, X. X. Luo, J. L. Luo, K. T. Chuang, A. R. Sanger, and A. Krzywicki, “Ethane dehydrogenation over nano-Cr2O3 anode catalyst in proton ceramic fuel cell reactors to co-produce ethylene and electricity,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 196, no. 3, pp. 1036–1041, 2011.
- C. K. Cheng, J. L. Luo, K. T. Chuang, and A. R. Sanger, “Propane fuel cells using phosphoric-acid-doped polybenzimidazole membranes,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 109, no. 26, pp. 13036–13042, 2005.
- W. S. Li, D. S. Lu, J. L. Luo, and K. T. Chuang, “Chemicals and energy co-generation from direct hydrocarbons/oxygen proton exchange membrane fuel cell,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 145, no. 2, pp. 376–382, 2005.
- S. Wang, J. L. Luo, A. R. Sanger, and K. T. Chuang, “Performance of ethane/oxygen fuel cells using yttrium-doped barium cerate as electrolyte at intermediate temperatures,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 111, no. 13, pp. 5069–5074, 2007.
- Z. Shi, J. L. Luo, S. Wang, A. R. Sanger, and K. T. Chuang, “Protonic membrane for fuel cell for co-generation of power and ethylene,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 176, no. 1, pp. 122–127, 2008.
- X. Z. Fu, J. L. Luo, A. R. Sanger, Z. R. Xu, and K. T. Chuang, “Fabrication of bi-layered proton conducting membrane for hydrocarbon solid oxide fuel cell reactors,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 1145–1149, 2009.
- Y. Lei, N. W. Cant, and D. L. Trimm, “Kinetics of the water-gas shift reaction over a rhodium-promoted iron-chromium oxide catalyst,” Chemical Engineering Journal, vol. 114, no. 1–3, pp. 81–85, 2005.
- BASF, vol. German Offen 254572, 1911.
- A. Khaleel, I. Shehadi, and M. Al-Shamisi, “Nanostructured chromium-iron mixed oxides: physicochemical properties and catalytic activity,” Colloids and Surfaces A, vol. 355, no. 1–3, pp. 75–82, 2010.
- A. A. Khassin, A. G. Sipatrov, M. P. Demeshkina, and T. P. Minyukova, “Partially hydrated iron-chromium oxide catalyst for the Fischer-Tropsch synthesis,” Reaction Kinetics and Catalysis Letters, vol. 97, no. 2, pp. 371–379, 2009.
- J. Livage, “Sol-gel processes,” Current Opinion in Solid State and Materials Science, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 132–138, 1997.
- J. D. Mackenzie and E. P. Bescher, “Chemical routes in the synthesis of nanomaterials using the sol-gel process,” Accounts of Chemical Research, vol. 40, no. 9, pp. 810–818, 2007.
- B. M. Weckhuysen and R. A. Schoonheydt, “Alkane dehydrogenation over supported chromium oxide catalysts,” Catalysis Today, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 223–232, 1999.
- S. McIntosh, J. M. Vohs, and R. J. Gorte, “Role of hydrocarbon deposits in the enhanced performance of direct-oxidation SOFCs,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 150, no. 4, pp. A470–A476, 2003.
- H. Kim, C. Lu, W. L. Worrell, J. M. Vohs, and R. J. Gorte, “Cu-Ni cermet anodes for direct oxidation of methane in solid-oxide fuel cells,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 149, no. 3, pp. A247–A250, 2002.
- H. Shimada, T. Akazawa, N. O. Ikenaga, and T. Suzuki, “Dehydrogenation of isobutane to isobutene with iron-loaded activated carbon catalyst,” Applied Catalysis A, vol. 168, no. 2, pp. 243–250, 1998.