- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Physical Chemistry
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 584082, 9 pages
Suppression of Intramolecular Vibrational Energy Redistribution by Intense CW-Laser Fields
Department of Fundamental Science and Technology, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Keio University, 3-14-1 Hiyoshi, Kohoku-ku, Yokohama 223-8522, Japan
Received 18 January 2011; Revised 5 April 2011; Accepted 26 May 2011
Academic Editor: Joel Bowman
Copyright © 2011 M. Sugawara. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. L. Sibert III and M. Gruebele, “Molecular vibrational energy flow and dilution factors in an anharmonic state space,” The Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 124, no. 2, Article ID 024317, 2006.
- S. Lee, M. Engel, and M. Gruebele, “The state space model of vibrational energy flow: An experimental test using SEP spectra of jet-cooled thiophosgene,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 420, no. 1–3, pp. 151–156, 2006.
- M. Gruebele, “Mechanism and control of molecular energy flow: a modeling perspective,” Theoretical Chemistry Accounts, vol. 109, no. 2, pp. 53–63, 2003.
- Y. Yamada, N. Mikami, and T. Ebata, “Real-time detection of doorway states in the intramolecular vibrational energy redistribution of the OH/OD stretch vibration of phenol,” Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 121, no. 23, article no. 5, pp. 11530–11534, 2004.
- I. Thanopulos, P. Brumer, and M. Shapiro, “Intramolecular energy transfer dynamics in 24-mode pyrazine by partitioning technique: a time-dependent approach,” Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 133, no. 15, Article ID 154111, 2010.
- S. Mukamel and K. Shan, “On the selective elimination of intramolecular vibrational redistribution using strong resonant laser fields,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 117, no. 5, pp. 489–494, 1985.
- D. Goswami and W. Warren, “Control of chemical dynamics by restricting intramolecular vibrational relaxation,” The Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 99, no. 6, pp. 4509–4517, 1993.
- D. Goswami, “Multiphoton coherent control in complex systems,” Journal of Optics B, vol. 7, no. 10, pp. S265–S269, 2005.
- Y. Ohtsuki, K. Nakagami, Y. Fujimura, W. Zhu, and H. Rabitz, “Quantum optimal control of multiple targets: development of a monotonically convergent algorithm and application to intramolecular vibrational energy redistribution control,” Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 114, no. 20, pp. 8867–8876, 2001.
- Y. Ohtsuki, G. Turinici, and H. Rabitz, “Generalized monotonically convergent algorithms for solving quantum optimal control problems,” Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 120, no. 12, pp. 5509–5517, 2004.
- S. Shi and H. Rabitz, “Quantum mechanical optimal control of physical observables in microsystems,” The Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 92, no. 1, pp. 364–376, 1990.
- H. Tang, R. Kosloff, and S. A. Rice, “A generalized approach to the control of the evolution of a molecular system,” Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 104, no. 14, pp. 5457–5471, 1996.
- M. Sugawara, “General formulation of locally designed coherent control theory for quantum system,” Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 118, no. 15, pp. 6784–6800, 2003.
- M. Sugawara, “A new quantum control scheme for multilevel systems based on effective decomposition by intense laser fields,” Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 130, no. 9, Article ID 094103, 2009.
- M. Sugawara, M. Tamaki, and S. Yabushita, “A new control scheme of multilevel quantum system based on effective decomposition by intense CW lasers,” Journal of Physical Chemistry A, vol. 111, no. 38, pp. 9446–9453, 2007.
- P. Knight and P. Milonni, “The Rabi frequency in optical spectra,” Physics Report, vol. 66, no. 2, pp. 21–107, 1980.
- K. Bergmann, H. Theuer, and B. Shore, “Coherent population transfer among quantum states of atoms and molecules,” Reviews of Modern Physics, vol. 70, no. 3, pp. 1003–1025, 1998.
- D. Grischkowsky, M. M. T. Loy, and P. F. Liao, “Adiabatic following model for two-photon transitions: nonlinear mixing and pulse propagation,” Physical Review A, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 2514–2533, 1975.
- M. Bixon and J. Jortner, “Intramolecular radiationless transitions,” The Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 48, no. 2, pp. 715–726, 1968.
- R. Bigwood and M. Gruebele, “Freezing molecular vibrational energy flow with coherent control,” Journal of Molecular Structure: (THEOCHEM), vol. 589-590, pp. 447–457, 2002.
- R. Bigwood, B. Milam, and M. Gruebele, “The ground state vibrational structure of SCCl2: observation of backbone IVR,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 287, no. 3-4, pp. 333–341, 1998.
- D. J. Nesbitt and R. Field, “Vibrational energy flow in highly excited molecules: role of intramolecular vibrational redistribution,” Journal of Physical Chemistry, vol. 100, no. 31, pp. 12735–12756, 1996.