- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Physical Chemistry
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 821204, 8 pages
N-: Chemical Synthesis and Photocatalysis
1INQUIMAE-CONICET, Facultad de Ciencias Exactas y Naturales, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Ciudad Universitaria, Pabellón II, 1428 Buenos Aires, Argentina
2Escuela de Ciencia y Tecnología, 3iA, Universidad Nacional de San Martín, Campus Miguelete, 1650 San Martín, Prov. de Buenos Aires, Argentina
Received 29 September 2011; Revised 17 November 2011; Accepted 17 November 2011
Academic Editor: Taicheng An
Copyright © 2011 Matias Factorovich et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Y. Lu, D. Wu, Q. L. Wang, J. Yan, A. G. Buekens, and K. F. Cen, “Photocatalytic decomposition on nano-TiO2: destruction of chloroaromatic compounds,” Chemosphere, vol. 82, pp. 1215–1224, 2011.
- S. Malato, P. Fernández-Ibáñez, M. I. Maldonado, J. Blanco, and W. Gernjak, “Decontamination and disinfection of water by solar photocatalysis: recent overview and trends,” Catalysis Today, vol. 147, no. 1, pp. 1–59, 2009.
- M. Ni, M. K. H. Leung, D. Y. C. Leung, and K. Sumathy, “A review and recent developments in photocatalytic water-splitting using TiO2 for hydrogen production,” Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 401–425, 2007.
- S. Rehman, R. Ullah, A. M. Butt, and N. D. Gohar, “Strategies of making TiO2 and ZnO visible light active,” Journal of Hazardous Materials, vol. 170, no. 2-3, pp. 560–569, 2009.
- U. G. Akpan and B. H. Hameed, “The advancements in sol-gel method of doped-TiO2 photocatalysts,” Applied Catalysis A, vol. 375, no. 1, pp. 1–11, 2010.
- J. Zhang, Y. Wu, M. Xing, S. A. K. Leghari, and S. Sajjad, “Development of modified N doped TiO2 photocatalyst with metals, nonmetals and metal oxides,” Energy and Environmental Science, vol. 3, no. 6, pp. 715–726, 2010.
- C. M. Teh and A. R. Mohamed, “Roles of titanium dioxide and ion-doped titanium dioxide on photocatalytic degradation of organic pollutants (phenolic compounds and dyes) in aqueous solutions: a review,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 509, no. 5, pp. 1648–1660, 2011.
- K. G. Grigorov, I. C. Oliveira, H. S. MacIel et al., “Optical and morphological properties of N-doped TiO2 thin films,” Surface Science, vol. 605, no. 7-8, pp. 775–782, 2011.
- S. M. Marques, C. J. Tavares, L. F. Oliveira, and A. M. F. Oliveira-Campos, “Photocatalytic degradation of C.I. Reactive Blue 19 with nitrogen-doped TiO2 catalysts thin films under UV/visible light,” Journal of Molecular Structure, vol. 983, no. 1–3, pp. 147–152, 2010.
- L. Jinlong, M. Xinxin, S. Mingren, X. Li, and S. Zhenlun, “Fabrication of nitrogen-doped mesoporous TiO2 layer with higher visible photocatalytic activity by plasma-based ion implantation,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 519, no. 1, pp. 101–105, 2010.
- M. Janus and A. W. Morawski, “New method of improving photocatalytic activity of commercial Degussa P25 for azo dyes decomposition,” Applied Catalysis B, vol. 75, no. 1-2, pp. 118–123, 2007.
- M. Janus, J. Choina, and A. W. Morawski, “Azo dyes decomposition on new nitrogen-modified anatase TiO2 with high adsorptivity,” Journal of Hazardous Materials, vol. 166, no. 1, pp. 1–5, 2009.
- Y. Wang, C. Feng, M. Zhang, J. Yang, and Z. Zhang, “Enhanced visible light photocatalytic activity of N-doped TiO2 in relation to single-electron-trapped oxygen vacancy and doped-nitrogen,” Applied Catalysis B, vol. 100, no. 1-2, pp. 84–90, 2010.
- M. Chekini, M. R. Mohammadizadeh, and S. M. Vaez Allaei, “Photocatalytic and superhydrophilicity properties of N-doped TiO2 nanothin films,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 257, no. 16, pp. 7179–7183, 2011.
- C. Cantau, T. Pigot, J. C. Dupin, and S. Lacombe, “N-doped TiO2 by low temperature synthesis: stability, photo-reactivity and singlet oxygen formation in the visible range,” Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A, vol. 216, no. 2–4, pp. 201–208, 2010.
- M. Qiao, Q. Chen, S. Wu, and J. Shen, “Novel sol-gel synthesis of N-doped TiO2 hollow spheres with high photocatalytic activity under visible light,” Journal of Sol-Gel Science and Technology, vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 377–384, 2010.
- D. Meroni, S. Ardizzone, G. Cappelletti et al., “Photocatalytic removal of ethanol and acetaldehyde by N-promoted TiO2 films: the role of the different nitrogen sources,” Catalysis Today, vol. 161, no. 1, pp. 169–174, 2011.
- C. Di Valentin, E. Finazzi, G. Pacchioni et al., “N-doped TiO2: theory and experiment,” Chemical Physics, vol. 339, no. 1-3, pp. 44–56, 2007.
- T. Ohno, “Preparation of visible light active S-doped TiO2 photocatalysts and their photocatalytic activities,” Water Science and Technology, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 159–163, 2004.
- J. Nieto, J. Freer, D. Contreras, R. J. Candal, E. E. Sileo, and H. D. Mansilla, “Photocatalyzed degradation of flumequine by doped TiO2 and simulated solar light,” Journal of Hazardous Materials, vol. 155, no. 1-2, pp. 45–50, 2008.
- NIST Chemistry WebBook, http://webbook.nist.gov/chemistry/.
- P. M. Schaber, J. Colson, S. Higgins, D. Thielen, B. Anspach, and J. Brauer, “Thermal decomposition (pyrolysis) of urea in an open reaction vessel,” Thermochimica Acta, vol. 424, no. 1-2, pp. 131–142, 2004.
- D. Mitoraj and H. Kisch, “The nature of nitrogen-modified titanium dioxide photocatalysts active in visible light,” Angewandte Chemie, vol. 47, no. 51, pp. 9975–9978, 2008.
- D. Mitoraj and H. Kisch, “On the mechanism of urea-induced titania modification,” Chemistry, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 261–269, 2010.
- J. Buha, I. Djerdj, M. Antonietti, and M. Niederberger, “Thermal transformation of metal oxide nanoparticles into nanocrystalline metal nitrides using cyanamide and urea as nitrogen source,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 19, no. 14, pp. 3499–3505, 2007.
- D. Mitoraj, R. Beránek, and H. Kisch, “Mechanism of aerobic visible light formic acid oxidation catalyzed by poly(tri-s-triazine) modified titania,” Photochemical and Photobiological Sciences, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 31–38, 2010.
- P. Górska, A. Zaleska, and J. Hupka, “Photodegradation of phenol by UV/TiO2 and Vis/N,C-TiO2 processes: comparative mechanistic and kinetic studies,” Separation and Purification Technology, vol. 68, no. 1, pp. 90–96, 2009.
- A. E. Regazzoni, P. Mandelbaum, M. Matsuyoshi, S. Schiller, S. A. Bilmes, and M. A. Blesa, “Adsorption and photooxidation of salicylic acid on titanium dioxide: a surface complexation description,” Langmuir, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 868–874, 1998.
- N. Wang, L. Zhu, Y. Huang, Y. She, Y. Yu, and H. Tang, “Drastically enhanced visible-light photocatalytic degradation of colorless aromatic pollutants over TiO2 via a charge-transfer-complex path: a correlation between chemical structure and degradation rate of the pollutants,” Journal of Catalysis, vol. 266, no. 2, pp. 199–206, 2009.